Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Makes me smile, every time I view it.

Default Makes me smile, every time I view it.

Default Re: Makes me smile, every time I view it.

That’s a FAFO moment… if you’re conceding the game, don’t send the whole defense on an all out blitz

It was 4th down with a several seconds left. Kneeling was not an option given the time left and position on field

Would like to see the other angle. Also if you are conceding why hit the qb and possibly a high hit

I love it. I was at that game.

Also, Deuce, you're great, but shut up.

Hud: "That was for calling us ULL."

i get a chuckle out of this one

My ULM buddies brought this up a month or so back. Told them if ULM doesn't bring the house, pass never happens.

Glad to know it is still in their craw.

Notice the Hud stare-down at the end of the video. classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    i get a chuckle out of this one

I do not remember that one. Wow, what a turn araound!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I do not remember that one. Wow, what a turn araound!
    Yeah. I was like shizz, We always lose in Jonesboro then bam. Just seeing the redwolves faces I was thinking how many times we were on that end of the stick

11. Default Re: Makes me smile, every time I view it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeaux View Post
    Yeah. I was like shizz, We always lose in Jonesboro then bam. Just seeing the redwolves faces I was thinking how many times we were on that end of the stick
    ….Coach Juluke mentioned how practice technique helped him not tighten up and continue his sprint!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….Coach Juluke mentioned how practice technique helped him not tighten up and continue his sprint!
    Boomer that WR laid a nice block you could've probably ran for at least 10 yards. Lol

I was there, flew up on a small plane with the Prez. We'll never know what really happened, both sides have different interpretations.

But as I heard on the flight back, and in the days following, our story was that neither side understood what the other side was doing, or what they claimed after the game that they were trying to do.

I heard we were originally going to punt or go for a time-killer, but the ULM formation suggested they were still playing football. Then they ran everyone at the quarterback, and despite the commentator's complaints, you can see on the video that taking a knee would have given ULM the ball with 3-4 seconds, on our 18.

Granted, ULM still couldn't have won the game. But if you swing a stick at a man, don't expect him to just stand there. His instincts will kick in, and his reaction will be to fight.

And that's what we did.

And if ULM was just just going for the stop, then why did they leave the back door unprotected? Why didn't they run a typical defense, or even the prevent? It's easy to call our TD a cheap shot. but it's hard to explain what they were doing without suspecting they were lining up to take a cheap shot on us.

The whole thing is weird.

OK, so on an off today I have been trying to remember the complete story as I heard it on the flight back. I'm posting it for the geeks like me who try to remember the history, but I'm also hoping that someone who understands football thinking better than I do (where's Gerald Broussard when you need him?) can at least tell me if this makes sense.

So this, I believe, was the 2012 game. ULM stops us with a few seconds left, but the game is decided. Hud is sending out the punt team, but our coaches note that Berry is leaving in his 1st string. Our coaches let loose with a WTF?!

Coaches try to plan for every eventuality, but there's no script for one team leaving in its 1st string against the punt team, particularly when the game is already decided.

So Hud goes with the obvious, he responds in kind. He leaves in our starters, and tells them to run the ball and play out the clock.

But then Berry shows all-out blitz, and draws yet another WTF?! from our coaches & team.

At that point, I don't know if the coaches changed the play from the sideline, or if the QB (was it Terrance?) called an audible, but seeing full blitz, the scheme was changed to a pass play.

But since ULM didn't leave anyone to cover the pass, the result shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

There was one result from it all that may have gratified some of the ULM fans: they could salve their wounds by saying we were jerks & poor winners.

But before they make that accusation, they need to explain what Berry was trying to do by stacking his entire defense on the line, after the game was already decided.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    OK, so on an off today I have been trying to remember the complete story as I heard it on the flight back. I'm posting it for the geeks like me who try to remember the history, but I'm also hoping that someone who understands football thinking better than I do (where's Gerald Broussard when you need him?) can at least tell me if this makes sense.

So this, I believe, was the 2012 game. ULM stops us with a few seconds left, but the game is decided. Hud is sending out the punt team, but our coaches note that Berry is leaving in his 1st string. Our coaches let loose with a WTF?!

Coaches try to plan for every eventuality, but there's no script for one team leaving in its 1st string against the punt team, particularly when the game is already decided.

So Hud goes with the obvious, he responds in kind. He leaves in our starters, and tells them to run the ball and play out the clock.

But then Berry shows all-out blitz, and draws yet another WTF?! from our coaches & team.

At that point, I don't know if the coaches changed the play from the sideline, or if the QB (was it Terrance?) called an audible, but seeing full blitz, the scheme was changed to a pass play.

But since ULM didn't leave anyone to cover the pass, the result shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone.

There was one result from it all that may have gratified some of the ULM fans: they could salve their wounds by saying we were jerks & poor winners.

But before they make that accusation, they need to explain what Berry was trying to do by stacking his entire defense on the line, after the game was already decided.
    I guess the only question I have from this explanation is what does it really matter if they leave their D out on the field while we punt? People do that all the time if they sniff a fake. What would it have mattered if we just punted even though their defense was on the field? Maybe Jay could answer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information