Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: No Campus Promotion

Default Re: No Campus Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Yell Like Hell is usually the pep rally for Homecoming.

Ragin Roar was last night and a from a reliable source was poorly attended.
    No mascot to get the students hyped.

see the next post

Yeah, Greeks decided to have rush last night. Even though RR is ALWAYS on the Thursday before the first game.

L'Acadien Yearbook account shared pics from Ragin Roar and not one crowd shot. Pas bon.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    see the next post
    Almost like a big announcement. I like it. But you have to be fast or another post might squeeze in

6. Default Re: No Campus Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    20 minutes ago and 2 hours ago on promoting events.

2 days ago on downtown alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    20 minutes ago and 2 hours ago on promoting events.

2 days ago on downtown alive.
    Oh, nice, they've generously bestowed upon you almost a whole day's notice to make plans for the Saturday game. I'm sure anyone could easily orchestrate a record-setting student turnout with such a vast and generous lead time. Truly remarkable!

I have lived across from campus all my life. Ever since online courses have started and especially since COVID the number of students physically on campus has dropped dramatically. I know of one student that lives in Leonville that goes on campus only once a week. Everything else she does online.

I remember when I was in school there were thousands of students walking the campus between classes. Not anymore and I suppose those days will never return. That being said, today, when I went home for lunch, the line of cars leaving campus was extraordinary. Students on campus over any weekend are few and far between. They are gone. You can shoot a cannon down Hebrard Blvd and not hit a thing. So I would not expect a big student turn out for the game tomorrow or any weekend. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I have lived across from campus all my life. Ever since online courses have started and especially since COVID the number of students physically on campus has dropped dramatically. I know of one student that lives in Leonville that goes on campus only once a week. Everything else she does online.

I remember when I was in school there were thousands of students walking the campus between classes. Not anymore and I suppose those days will never return. That being said, today, when I went home for lunch, the line of cars leaving campus was extraordinary. Students on campus over any weekend are few and far between. They are gone. You can shoot a cannon down Hebrard Blvd and not hit a thing. So I would not expect a big student turn out for the game tomorrow or any weekend. Not going to happen.
    Well, we only have about 14k undergraduate students. So there is actually less students here.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Well, we only have about 14k undergraduate students. So there is actually less students here.
    There you go. Even fewer to be here in weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Oh, nice, they've generously bestowed upon you almost a whole day's notice to make plans for the Saturday game. I'm sure anyone could easily orchestrate a record-setting student turnout with such a vast and generous lead time. Truly remarkable!
    I don't recall doing things that much in advance as a student.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    There you go. Even fewer to be here in weekends.
    Open the mckinley st strip back up, asap

It's mind numbing that anyone thinks this university does a good job of marketing/promotion. The sad thing is we have a blueprint for how to get butts in the seat. Hud showed how to do it. But, sounds like we got it handled.

UL football coaches & players could do a quick social media video encouraging Cajun Nation and students to attend all home games. Ask & they will come! The basketball team was able to increase student involvement in their games by engaging fellow students.

Quote Originally Posted by SMD7636 View Post
    UL football coaches & players could do a quick social media video encouraging Cajun Nation and students to attend all home games. Ask & they will come! The basketball team was able to increase student involvement in their games by engaging fellow students.
    Do the players talk to fellow students during class. Or are all their classes online or in the athletic center with tutors

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst . 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information