Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: No Campus Promotion

Default Re: No Campus Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    every day I get posts on fp or twitter or UL activities for students, tonight was yell like hell and there is another event for the students tomorrow night, so saying that there is no campus promotion isn't real accurate. I'm 3 hrs away and I see all of this I don't really now what the disconnect of some posters here is
    Indeed, I embarked on quite the expedition yesterday, commencing my journey at the parking garage en route to Wharton Hall, which began at the precise hour of 10:30. Subsequently, I ventured from Wharton Hall to the Subway, completing this leg of my odyssey by 11:30. After a substantial hiatus, I reconvened my exploration with a pilgrimage from the library to Billeaud, marking the onset of this segment at 4 o'clock. Finally, my meanderings concluded as I retraced my steps to the parking garage, an eventful journey that culminated at 5.

Surprisingly, throughout my extensive sojourn, I failed to encounter any mention of the much-touted "Yell Like Hell" or awareness of an impending football game slated for this weekend. I must admit to a certain bemusement regarding this apparent oversight. Pray, do enlighten me regarding the precise time at which you graced the campus with your presence to witness these events firsthand. Furthermore, I am most intrigued to know which esteemed Twitter accounts you follow that had the privilege of disseminating information regarding "Yell Like Hell."

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Download a ticket using the ID?
    Yeah it's similar to how we download our season tickets. We have to sign in with our UL ID to get it.

Yell Like Hell is usually the pep rally for Homecoming.

Ragin Roar was last night and a from a reliable source was poorly attended.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    Indeed, I embarked on quite the expedition yesterday, commencing my journey at the parking garage en route to Wharton Hall, which began at the precise hour of 10:30. Subsequently, I ventured from Wharton Hall to the Subway, completing this leg of my odyssey by 11:30. After a substantial hiatus, I reconvened my exploration with a pilgrimage from the library to Billeaud, marking the onset of this segment at 4 o'clock. Finally, my meanderings concluded as I retraced my steps to the parking garage, an eventful journey that culminated at 5.

Surprisingly, throughout my extensive sojourn, I failed to encounter any mention of the much-touted "Yell Like Hell" or awareness of an impending football game slated for this weekend. I must admit to a certain bemusement regarding this apparent oversight. Pray, do enlighten me regarding the precise time at which you graced the campus with your presence to witness these events firsthand. Furthermore, I am most intrigued to know which esteemed Twitter accounts you follow that had the privilege of disseminating information regarding "Yell Like Hell."
    well I have not visited campus this year so far and graduated many years ago, but I see posts of facebook and twitter every day from several different UL sources and see posts for several different colleges since I have two in college and I see triple the posts from UL than the colleges they attend.

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    Yell Like Hell is usually the pep rally for Homecoming.

Ragin Roar was last night and a from a reliable source was poorly attended.
    That's sad to hear.

Maybe another indication that more needs to be done. Or perhaps if what you're doing is still not working, might be time to change your approach.

If MH and the AD thinks social media is the route, we’re doomed. With so much on social media and the younger generation with the attention span of a fly, it’s built for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    That's sad to hear.

Maybe another indication that more needs to be done. Or perhaps if what you're doing is still not working, might be time to change your approach.
    Yes. More needs to be done. It’s doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to get some yard signs to promote your games. And it shouldn’t take a RP thread for some admins on campus to see that not allowing Freshmen to student tailgates is a bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    If MH and the AD thinks social media is the route, we’re doomed. With so much on social media and the younger generation with the attention span of a fly, it’s built for failure.
    May be a weak call to action or bad/confusing messaging, but in this day, it isn't social media.it's how all of those students consume any and all content.bad creative can kill a campaign in a second.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    May be a weak call to action or bad/confusing messaging, but in this day, it isn't social media.it's how all of those students consume any and all content.bad creative can kill a campaign in a second.
    Kinda my point, if it doesn’t jump out, it’s like the proverbial wall flower.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post

He probably lost the average student at "parking garage"

well I have not visited campus this year so far and graduated many years ago, but I see posts of facebook and twitter every day from several different UL sources and see posts for several different colleges since I have two in college and I see triple the posts from UL than the colleges they attend.
    I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide me with those additional sources. Just yesterday, I came across a solitary post on social media detailing a table set-up within the student union. It's worth noting that I don't typically spend much time in the cafeteria, which is why I may not have come across this information earlier. As of now, I have not encountered any other mentions or references to this topic within that section of our campus. As a student, Your assistance in expanding my knowledge on this matter would be highly valued.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

8am - Parking Gates 1 & 5 Open
    10am - Cajundome Box Office and Russo Park Ticket Office Open
    1:30pm - ALL Parking Gates Open
    4:30pm - Our Lady of Lourdes Health Family Tailgate at Russo Park, Open
    4:55pm - Cajun Walk, presented by Hub City Ford
    5pm - Music Under the Oaks, Adam Leger, presented by First Horizon Bank
    6:15pm - Pride of Acadiana Pep Rally at Russo Park
    6:30pm - Cajun Field Gates Open
    7:15pm - Freshman Red Run
    7:30pm - Kickoff vs. Northwestern State
    Free General Admission Parking located within walking distance!

facebook is very active also twitter has quite a few posts

https://www.facebook.com/officialullafayette
    I've noticed a conspicuous absence of posts or announcements on that page pertaining to the upcoming game on Saturday, the Student Tailgate, ticket acquisition, or any efforts to encourage student attendance. Additionally, there seems to be no mention of the planned "red run" for freshmen, a noteworthy event that should ideally be communicated clearly.
    As an avid Twitter user who closely follows our sports scene, boasting RV tailgate spots, 11 football tickets, 4 courtside seats for basketball, 6 baseball seats, and a status as a top 100 donor, I am thoroughly engaged in the UL sports community. My intention in bringing this up is to emphasize that there appears to be a limited outreach aimed at attracting new or infrequent attendees among our student body.
    To effectively engage a broader student audience, it may be worthwhile to consider more comprehensive and targeted communication strategies. Your perspective and feedback are invaluable in improving the overall student experience and participation in sporting events.

Just a thought, geofence the campus and CF parking and serve compelling, creative, call to action ads.anyone. Coming into or out of the fence would be served ads.how many? Depends on the gross impressions ordered.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information