Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: No Campus Promotion

Default Re: No Campus Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    What if a group of liberal arts students see the flyers, become disgruntled that the university is advertising the football game and not their basket weaving convention, and decide to burn them. Boom. Burn ban violation. Huge fines. All capital advancement projects are put on hold. Better to play this one safe.
    Honestly, we should move away from liberal arts colleges.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    Does the university still use Moodle?
    Yes we do

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Why are their student tickets, does ID not get you in anymore?
    You have to download a ticket. I finally received an email reminder this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Just saw this footer as KATC (just like KADN) talk about “the Cajun Field”. Something is afoot against “Louisiana” usage.
    Stopped watching KATC. They have become an LSU A&M supporter.

Laziness in the answer here.

Everyone good as long as they keep collecting their taxpayer funded paycheck and retirement.

FACT.

every day I get posts on fp or twitter or UL activities for students, tonight was yell like hell and there is another event for the students tomorrow night, so saying that there is no campus promotion isn't real accurate. I'm 3 hrs away and I see all of this I don't really now what the disconnect of some posters here is

Quote Originally Posted by billbeck451 View Post
    every day I get posts on fp or twitter or UL activities for students, tonight was yell like hell and there is another event for the students tomorrow night, so saying that there is no campus promotion isn't real accurate. I'm 3 hrs away and I see all of this I don't really now what the disconnect of some posters here is
    Maybe some of us are retired, out the loop, no terrestrial connections, no real television hype, no billboards, no vibes picked up. I have weekly contact with folks that will be at the game, but not a topic of discussion.

I survived four years there with no text or even an email.
    You're right. We're a well oiled marketing machine! Nothing needed to push us ahead. We'll "survive".

Gotta love this mentality.

9. Default Re: No Campus Promotion

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    You're right. We're a well oiled marketing machine! Nothing needed to push us ahead. We'll "survive".

Gotta love this mentality.
    The Cajun team is active this morning. I see ton's of stuff on X/Twitter, including tables that were set up yesterday around campus to assist students in downloading their tickets for this weekends game.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    You have to download a ticket. I finally received an email reminder this afternoon.
    Download a ticket using the ID?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    They just moved in!
    They forgot stuff at home

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    What if a group of liberal arts students see the flyers, become disgruntled that the university is advertising the football game and not their basket weaving convention, and decide to burn them. Boom. Burn ban violation. Huge fines. All capital advancement projects are put on hold. Better to play this one safe.
    I lived one year in Athens, GA, it was less than 2 years after I graduated USL. The thing that struck me the most about that place was granted their was certainly "a liberal side" of town (see R.E.M., John Mayer, b52s,etc) but even "they" liked UGA sports and came together with the "jocks" or "preps" or "greeks" for gameday events and watch parties. Whereas at USL that didn't happen. Is that one small step in the separation between p5 and g5?

They forgot stuff at home
    No they are going home for momma's cooking and for her to do the laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    No they are going home for momma's cooking and for her to do the laundry.
    Laundry yes although I thought the cafeteria at the conference center was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Laziness in the answer here.

Everyone good as long as they keep collecting their taxpayer funded paycheck and retirement.

FACT.
    Reminds me of that TC baseball paying to tryout thread that may or may not have been deleted. While I agree they shouldn't have to pay to tryout why is it OK for a tenured professor to assign his or her own book to students and thus I assume pocket cash above their salary from that

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information