Thread: Podcast: Louisiana Athletics Live 08/28/23

1. Tickets August 28: Louisiana Athletics Live Returns

The 2023-24 edition of Louisiana Athletics Live is set to begin Monday, Aug. 28 at 6 p.m. in studio and is tentatively planned to begin being broadcast live on location from Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux on Kaliste Saloom from 6-7 p.m. on Sept. 11.

The Voice of the Ragin' Cajuns, Jay Walker, will be joined by Louisiana head coaches, student-athletes and administration throughout the year to talk all things Ragin' Cajuns Athletics.

"We are excited to bring Louisiana Athletics Live back for another year and at a new location in Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux on Kaliste Saloom," Ragin' Cajuns Sports Properties General Manger Brian Bille said. "We can't thank Pete's on Johnston enough for their decades of support to Ragin' Cajuns Athletics, and we are excited to see what the future holds for them. With the move to Walk-On's, I am confident that our fans will enjoy the new venue and come out to support our head coaches and student-athletes."

Louisiana Athletics Live can be heard locally on The Goat 103.3 FM/1420 AM or worldwide on the Geaux Cajuns and Varsity apps.

Default Re: August 28: Louisiana Athletics Live Returns

Back at Walk-Ons. Wonder if it's permanent or since Pete's had that fire? I do like the layout of Walk-Ons more for that type of show.

3. Default Re: August 28: Louisiana Athletics Live Returns

I wonder if we can count on a weekly show. Last year was like a box of chocolates. Never knew what you were going to get. Often not at all.

4. Ragin' Cajuns Athletics: Louisiana Athletics Live to Return August 28

The 2023-24 edition of Louisiana Athletics Live is set to begin Monday, Aug. 28 at 6 p.m. in studio and is tentatively planned to begin being broadcast live on location from Walk-On's Sports Bistreaux on Kaliste Saloom from 6-7 p.m. on Sept. 11.

How much time will be dedicated to football and how much time will be other fall sports? Will Des be first interview? I preferred the days when we had a football coaches show weekly rather than this random La live with no rhyme or reason as to when they are held. JMO

They have practice. Dr. Maggard will join me for the first half hour before Mike gets there around 6:30.

The plan is to have a weekly football show with two exceptions.

We have a basketball game on November 6 (because of the short week with a Thursday game we would have had a show anyway). And, we also have a basketball game in Fort Myers the Monday before the ULM game.

7. Default Re: August 28: Louisiana Athletics Live Returns

So last year you said that the coaches didn’t like to be on the show, and that was partially why the shows were not on regularly. I guess they have come around to interchanging with the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    So last year you said that the coaches didn’t like to be on the show, and that was partially why the shows were not on regularly. I guess they have come around to interchanging with the fans.
    I only know I was told what I just told you guys. I'm not involved in those discussions. Last year was last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    They have practice. Dr. Maggard will join me for the first half hour before Mike gets there around 6:30.

The plan is to have a weekly football show with two exceptions.

We have a basketball game on November 6 (because of the short week with a Thursday game we would have had a show anyway). And, we also have a basketball game in Fort Myers the Monday before the ULM game.
    Thanks Jay.

10. Default Re: August 28: Louisiana Athletics Live Returns

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I only know I was told what I just told you guys. I'm not involved in those discussions. Last year was last year.
    . . . tough crowd here and undeservedly so when aimed at you . . . but they are what they are . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . tough crowd here and undeservedly so when aimed at you . . . but they are what they are . . .
    I'm good, Vic. As long as it doesn't get personal. The rest comes with the territory. LOL

I went one time and I couldn't hear the show or you talking.
    Does the restaurant play the radio feed or do people in the restaurant hear directly from your microphones?

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I went one time and I couldn't hear the show or you talking.
    Does the restaurant play the radio feed or do people in the restaurant hear directly from your microphones?
    I believe next week will be in studio again (not sure if it is on Monday or Tuesday) and then they will move to Walk On's. It may be better at Walk On's than Pete's from the perspective of attendees being able to hear the conversation. Also note, Dave Schultz will have an interview with Dez every Monday at 5 PM. He will record it after the weekly media luncheon held on Mondays. Last season, Scott Prather interviewed Coach on Monday mornings. In my opinion, the current morning guys on The GOAT are not qualified to conduct such an interview. Dave most certainly is. If you can't hear the interviews at 6 with Jay, catch Dave's interview on your ride home.

Tickets Podcast: Louisiana Athletics Live 08/28/23

Thread Information