Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Default 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Troy recently sent the following to all 2022 QB Club members. If you have not participated in the past and have time on Thursdays, you may want to consider doing so. You really learn a lot of the inner workings of the program at these luncheons. First meeting is August 31 and you can handle the finances when you arrive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great time to be a Ragin Cajun!

The 2023 QB Club Schedule is below. With all of the Saturday games… we have a lot more opportunities to meet and fellowship. As always, we will have Student Athletes and Assistant Coaches that will speak at our meetings as well as our Head Coach Michael Desormeaux. These meetings give great insight into the upcoming opponents and the previous week’s game.

11:15 Doors Open
    11:30 Lunch Opens
    12:00 Guest Player Presentation
    12:15 Assistant Coach Presentation
    12:30 Coach Desormeaux

As our journey takes us through the 2023 season, we look forward to having more opportunities to see each other. This season, apart from a couple of weeks, will have a QB club meeting every week. As we have done in the past couple of years; we will host the weekly QB Club meetings in the baseball stadium club. While we eagerly anticipate our new stadium and our own stadium club… the baseball facility is one of the finest meeting spaces in town and a venue that is perfect for our membership. This on-campus venue also offers investors like yourself an opportunity to spend more time in the hub of our athletic department. Additionally, the location affords our coaches and student athletes closer proximity to our meetings thus easing the issues with other school and football time commitments. Our hope is that events like these give our investors more opportunities to invite friends and to grow our organization.

This message has gone out to all pledged members of the 2023 QB club. In the event that you have not had time to fulfill your pledge via mail or online, we will be accepting membership donations at the first meeting on 8/31/2023.

I look forward to seeing you all on 8/31… Geaux Cajuns!

Troy Wingerter Ed.D
    Associate Director of Athletics - Football

2. Default Re: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Wingerter is the right guy to drum up support.

Default Re: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Troy recently sent the following to all 2022 QB Club members. If you have not participated in the past and have time on Thursdays, you may want to consider doing so. You really learn a lot of the inner workings of the program at these luncheons. First meeting is August 31 and you can handle the finances when you arrive.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a great time to be a Ragin Cajun!

The 2023 QB Club Schedule is below. With all of the Saturday games… we have a lot more opportunities to meet and fellowship. As always, we will have Student Athletes and Assistant Coaches that will speak at our meetings as well as our Head Coach Michael Desormeaux. These meetings give great insight into the upcoming opponents and the previous week’s game.

11:15 Doors Open
    11:30 Lunch Opens
    12:00 Guest Player Presentation
    12:15 Assistant Coach Presentation
    12:30 Coach Desormeaux

As our journey takes us through the 2023 season, we look forward to having more opportunities to see each other. This season, apart from a couple of weeks, will have a QB club meeting every week. As we have done in the past couple of years; we will host the weekly QB Club meetings in the baseball stadium club. While we eagerly anticipate our new stadium and our own stadium club… the baseball facility is one of the finest meeting spaces in town and a venue that is perfect for our membership. This on-campus venue also offers investors like yourself an opportunity to spend more time in the hub of our athletic department. Additionally, the location affords our coaches and student athletes closer proximity to our meetings thus easing the issues with other school and football time commitments. Our hope is that events like these give our investors more opportunities to invite friends and to grow our organization.

This message has gone out to all pledged members of the 2023 QB club. In the event that you have not had time to fulfill your pledge via mail or online, we will be accepting membership donations at the first meeting on 8/31/2023.

I look forward to seeing you all on 8/31… Geaux Cajuns!

Troy Wingerter Ed.D
    Associate Director of Athletics - Football
    Is there a Zoom option for out-of-towners?

4. Default Re: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Great question.

This needs to be a YES from the GetGeaux.

Does anyone know how to access the form online?

And willing to share?

And will share?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Great question.

This needs to be a YES from the GetGeaux.
    Are you paying for access?

7. Default Re: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Are you paying for access?
    No, it should be a perk for RCAF out of towners.

Zoom can do 300 for $17 a month.

https://zoom.us/pricing

If they want to charge a Zoom fee for those not eating, they can do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    There was last season. I am not sure how to go about participating that way. I would contact Troy.

No, it should be a perk for RCAF out of towners.

Zoom can do 300 for $17 a month.

https://zoom.us/pricing

If they want to charge a Zoom fee for those not eating, they can do that too.
    Turbine, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the QB Club is and it's function.

1st it isn't a perk at any level of RCAF giving. Like the Rebounders' Club and the Diamond Club it is a separate RCAF Fund specific to that sport and with it's own perks depending upon level of membership. The cost for the lowest membership level last season was $250 and the meals were $30 per person.

I think video access for out-of-town people is a good ideal. But the membership Fee at the lowest level should still be $250. It's not a perk.

10. Default Re: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

. . . has anyone requested to have access without paying the regular fees . . . I have not seen that . . .

11. Default Re: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

. . . and if they are, the answer should be NO . . .

12. Default Re: 2023 QB Club-Troy Wingerter Inviation

Turbine, you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what the QB Club is and it's function.

1st it isn't a perk at any level of RCAF giving. Like the Rebounders' Club and the Diamond Club it is a separate RCAF Fund specific to that sport and with it's own perks depending upon level of membership. The cost for the lowest membership level last season was $250 and the meals were $30 per person.

I think video access for out-of-town people is a good ideal. But the membership Fee at the lowest level should still be $250. It's not a perk.
    Thanks I do have a fundamental misunderstanding.

My bigger point is it should be made available on Zoom.

They can charge the same minus the food.

Your question was whether I was "paying for access?"

I wasn't sure if you meant personally or for everyone.

It will cost the QB Club a borrowed lap top, a one time $150 4K camera, WiFi usage at the facility and $17 a month to ZOOM that will allow 300 viewers as many times as they wish to hold a function.

After the initual download and installation, it takes 2 minutes to start a broadcast, and even less time for designated viewers to tune in.

Thanks I do have a fundamental misunderstanding.

My bigger point is it should be made available on Zoom.

They can charge the same minus the food.

Your question was whether I was "paying for access?"

I wasn't sure if you meant personally or for everyone.

It will cost the QB Club a borrowed lap top, a one time $150 4K camera, WiFi usage at the facility and $17 a month to ZOOM that will allow 300 viewers as many times as they wish to hold a function.

After the initual download and installation, it takes 2 minutes to start a broadcast, and even less time for designated viewers to tune in.
    No, I was asking if the person will still pay for access. The money raised from these clubs go to recruiting, camps, equipment and other needs. So, this is not a perk, but simply another fundraising apparatus with different levels of perks depending upon the level of membership.

I'm fine with the video access to out-of-town supporters as long as the membership fee is the same.

No, I was asking if the person will still pay for access. The money raised from these clubs go to recruiting, camps, equipment and other needs. So, this is not a perk, but simply another fundraising apparatus with different levels of perks depending upon the level of membership.

I'm fine with the video access to out-of-town supporters as long as the membership fee is the same.
    I think you should be able to get video access if you join regardless, it would be nice to still have access even when schedule doesn’t allow someone to make it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I think you should be able to get video access if you join regardless, it would be nice to still have access even when schedule doesn’t allow someone to make it in person.
    I like that idea.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information