Thread: Ragin' Cajuns Connect Podcast - Coach Michael Desormeaux

Default Ragin' Cajuns Connect Podcast - Coach Michael Desormeaux

Gave it a listen during my lunch break. If you listen to this interview and don't feel like the football program is in good hands, check ya'self. Touches on challenges, what he and his staff have done to improve this year, NIL/transfer portal, etc. Very illuminating, thanks Jay.

2. Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Connect Podcast - Coach Michael Desormeaux

. . . it will be very interesting to follow this thread and see what comments are posted and by which posters . . . go get’m Louisiana, CMD, staff and our football roster . . . Vegas has you at 7.5 wins, show them up . . .

Default Re: Ragin' Cajuns Connect Podcast - Coach Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . it will be very interesting to follow this thread and see what comments are posted and by which posters . . . go get’m Louisiana, CMD, staff and our football roster . . . Vegas has you at 7.5 wins, show them up . . .
    I’ll start it by saying that the SID department continues to limit coaches from going on the most popular Cajun podcast out there.

I know you’re fishing…but facts are facts.

Excellent interview, I expected nothing less from the two of you!

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ll start it by saying that the SID department continues to limit coaches from going on the most popular Cajun podcast out there.

I know you’re fishing…but facts are facts.
    We are down to only two podcast promoting Cajun sports.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    We are down to only two podcast promoting Cajun sports.
    Craig is planning on lots of football discussion soon on his We're Talkin Podcast. I believe Kevin Foote plans on having him on his radio show soon to discuss his outlook for the football team. Basketball schedule should be out next week. He and I will review it on a We're Talkin podcast sometime in mid September. That will be after early football impressions are made. Note, if it is not obvious to all as of yet, on We're Talkin we tend to focus more on the actual play on the field/court. Not that any of us are qualified to talk X's and O's but think of it more in those terms as far as analysis goes. The Ragin Review guys talk more about the administrative side (program support/RCAF status etc.) of things at times than we do. That is not to say they don't talk quite a bit of the actual action as well. One of them mentioned to me once they don't feel qualified to actually analyze basketball in depth so they don't even attempt to do so. I am not sure I am qualified to do so either but apparently viewing over 600 Cajun basketball games in person during my life makes some think my opinion has validity at times. Point is there is a place for both pods amongst our fan base. I encourage you all to listen to both when time permits. Those are from the fan perspective. Jay's podcast are from the media/coach/player perspective. That of course may be the most valuable since they know more about what is truly going on that us fans ever will.

He was also on Frary and Smith this week not sure if posted or not

https://open.spotify.com/episode/05n.Qwquk4MDUVwWlA

Listened to CMD interview with Jay. Very enjoyable. Was getting some work done in the house so also listened to Coach Deggs interview and Gunner’s interview. Made time fly while finishing some honey do’s.

Great job as always Jay. What’s up next on the Cajun Connection pod cast?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post

Gave it a listen during my lunch break. If you listen to this interview and don't feel like the football program is in good hands, check ya'self. Touches on challenges, what he and his staff have done to improve this year, NIL/transfer portal, etc. Very illuminating, thanks Jay.
    Listened today. Gives me encouragement for upcoming season. I won’t give the whole story away. However, one main message is lots of time has been spent reviewing the shortcomings of last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Listened today. Gives me encouragement for upcoming season. I won’t give the whole story away. However, one main message is lots of time has been spent reviewing the shortcomings of last season.
    Nobody wants to win and see this program succeed more that Coach Des. Like Jay says he takes it personal. The program is in good hands and I fully believe he has learned big time from his and his team’s shortcomings last season. A lot of that was injuries and a lot was from coaching decisions before and during the season. Injury bug stays away and Coach takes what he learned from last season and this will shape up to be another special year. Can’t wait for September 2!

I’ve said before I hope mike becomes the winningest coach in program history in the shortest amount of time. I hope he wins championships here and has a long career like the last coach who’s name ended with aux.

Thread Information