Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Football Transfers out

1. UL Football The Football Transfers out

I know we don't want to talk about the guys who leave here, but man some of these guys you can see why they moved on and others make you go, hmm.

Dontae Fleming according to Outland.com is the projected starter at Tulane, according to Phil Steele he is listed as the backup.

Kam Pedescleaux according to Outland.com and Phil Steele is projected to be the starter at Tulane.

Trey Amos according to Outland.com is projected to be the starter at Alabama, according to Phil Steele he is projected to be 2nd string.

Errol Rogers Jr according to Outland.com and Phil Steele he is projected to be 3rd string at Liberty. Odd that he left to be way back on the roster when he would have been one of the most experienced WR that we have.

Default Re: The Football Transfers out

Losing Amos and Pedescleaux hurts like hell.

Fleming is a bummer.

Rogers.

Amos can be expected in this day and age of no-sit transfer portal, especially with a hope to be a starting DB at Alabama. You start there even for one season, you're all but guaranteed to at least make an NFL roster.

Losing Pedescleaux and Fleming to Tulane hurts perception-wise. The Wave and LA Tech is who we have to compete against to be viewed as the top G5 football program in the state, and the 2nd best football program overall.

Still stings losing those guys

4. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

We need more NIL money for sure. Almost everything negative about UL starts with need more money to compete.

5. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

. . . so now are we going to tell our fans who they can or can’t watch when Louisiana is not playing . . . is that the next step . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We need more NIL money for sure. Almost everything negative about UL starts with need more money to compete.
    Can’t compete with Tulane, Liberty or Alabama for NIL money. That’s just facts.

Dontae Fleming might have been the most hyped, overrated, WR in recent memory. Just my opinion.

The DBs were the blow.

9. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Can’t compete with Tulane, Liberty or Alabama for NIL money. That’s just facts.
    What's Tulane's NIL set-up?

10. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Dontae Fleming might have been the most hyped, overrated, WR in recent memory. Just my opinion.
    I don't know about overhyped, he was a 3 star out of high school, but only had offers from Lamar and ULM besides us. He came here and had 12 receptions for 190 yards as a freshman with 1 TD, had 27 catches for 322 and 2 TDs as a sophomore and in his 3rd, season had 19 catches for 181 yards and 3 TD's.

He is and was a very undersized guy, hence the reason most teams stayed away from him. Out of HS he was 6'0 165, i think he is now listed at 6'1 170 at Tulane. I think he was productive here, just not to the extent most would have liked, but to say he was hyped, overrated would be a stretch, I think, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't know about overhyped, he was a 3 star out of high school, but only had offers from Lamar and ULM besides us. He came here and had 12 receptions for 190 yards as a freshman with 1 TD, had 27 catches for 322 and 2 TDs as a sophomore and in his 3rd, season had 19 catches for 181 yards and 3 TD's.

He is and was a very undersized guy, hence the reason most teams stayed away from him. Out of HS he was 6'0 165, i think he is now listed at 6'1 170 at Tulane. I think he was productive here, just not to the extent most would have liked, but to say he was hyped, overrated would be a stretch, I think, personally.
    I’m saying overhyped on here. I was expecting way more production out of him. I don’t think it’s a huge loss.

12. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    I’m saying overhyped on here. I was expecting way more production out of him. I don’t think it’s a huge loss.
    Now that may be true. I liked him and had the pleasure of meeting his grandparents at a game. I think he was good, just not great. Hell Rogers had more offers coming out of HS then Fleming and I think Fleming was much more productive then Rogers. I think we missed in that class on WR. This is what we signed:

Reggie Johnson--Never Played, don't know if he ever came to be honest
    Kyren Lacy--Way overhyped and now with LSU
    Dontae Fleming--Productive, just not great now at Tulane
    Tanarious Allen--Never Played
    Errol Rogers JR--Under produced and now at Liberty

Looking back, Kam and Dontae made a decision to play in their hometown probably with a little bit of NIL/COL sprinkled in. Amos got picked up by Alabama. Errol may have left after hard talks about playing time.

I don't fault any for leaving for those reasons. I think there was definitely some tampering going on with the timing, which is the bad side of all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Looking back, Kam and Dontae made a decision to play in their hometown probably with a little bit of NIL/COL sprinkled in. Amos got picked up by Alabama. Errol may have left after hard talks about playing time.

I don't fault any for leaving for those reasons. I think there was definitely some tampering going on with the timing, which is the bad side of all of this.
    Amos got between $300-$350k at Bama in NIL.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjayhawk View Post
    What's Tulane's NIL set-up?
    I’ll probably get banned for saying this. They have Jewish east coast money and a $2.05B endowment.

It’s not the same playing field.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information