Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Football Transfers out

Default Re: The Football Transfers out

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    I’ll probably get banned for saying this. They have Jewish east coast money and a $2.05B endowment.

It’s not the same playing field.
    I guess that means they don't have Jesus, so it's not all rosy!

I’ll probably get banned for saying this. They have Jewish east coast money and a $2.05B endowment.

But hey, 2/3 of the posters on here were hoping Tulane got to the NY6 over Coastal. So we have that going for us.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I guess that means they don't have Jesus, so it's not all rosy!
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    But hey, 2/3 of the posters on here were hoping Tulane got to the NY6 over Coastal. So we have that going for us.
    Gross exaggeration.

Gross exaggeration.
    You got the gross part right.

6. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

. . . if one has not offered to put NIL up, should you really be here complaining or even speaking on this subject . . . self reflection may be in order here . . .

I’ll probably get banned for saying this. They have east coast old money and a $2.05B endowment.

FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't know about overhyped, he was a 3 star out of high school, but only had offers from Lamar and ULM besides us. He came here and had 12 receptions for 190 yards as a freshman with 1 TD, had 27 catches for 322 and 2 TDs as a sophomore and in his 3rd, season had 19 catches for 181 yards and 3 TD's.

He is and was a very undersized guy, hence the reason most teams stayed away from him. Out of HS he was 6'0 165, i think he is now listed at 6'1 170 at Tulane. I think he was productive here, just not to the extent most would have liked, but to say he was hyped, overrated would be a stretch, I think, personally.
    I think that's the point. You helped make it. He has marginal numbers to say the least, average at best recruiting but he transfers and he's a projected starter all of a sudden? That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I think that's the point. You helped make it. He has marginal numbers to say the least, average at best recruiting but he transfers and he's a projected starter all of a sudden? That's the point.
    There’s probably 350k reasons he’s a projected starter. NIL encroaching decisions?

Naw…lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    There’s probably 350k reasons he’s a projected starter. NIL encroaching decisions?

Naw…lol
    I would hope no program makes lineup decisions based on NIL money.

I highly doubt saban would be making decisions based on NIL money.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Looking back, Kam and Dontae made a decision to play in their hometown probably with a little bit of NIL/COL sprinkled in. Amos got picked up by Alabama. Errol may have left after hard talks about playing time.

I don't fault any for leaving for those reasons. I think there was definitely some tampering going on with the timing, which is the bad side of all of this.
    Kam was also a grad transfer. He earned his Cajun degree. He had to enroll in a grad program to be eligible. His decision may have been academic based.

Your comment may be controversial but there is more than a basis of fact in the remark.

14. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

. . . it is the other way around . . . NIL is determined based upon pre expected line up presence . . . since the university does not pay NIL, the kind of signing bonus and salary leverage indicated in line up opportunities in pro sports is far less so in college sports . . .

15. Default Re: The Football Transfers out

If a program cannot be involved in NIL, then NIL funders are dictating who gets offered.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information