Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: Marlin Contract Extension - FOUR MORE YEARS!

Default Re: Marlin Contract Extension - FOUR MORE YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Everyone knew it was coming, not worth the rise in blood pressure, real or assumed.

Rewarding a coach yet putting the coach on a short leash does not happen unless the coach is an idiot with off the court public drama.
    Nobody expected 4 more years.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunjayhawk View Post
    In 13 seasons, we've finished outside the Top 6 only 3 times.
    We've finished in the Top 4, 8 out of 13 seasons.
    Cool. You can hang out with the other 500 people at the cajundome for the basketball games.

3. Default Re: Marlin Contract Extension - FOUR MORE YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    20 wins used to be automatic bid to the dance are we why it no longer is?
    Twenty wins haven’t been a ticket to the NCAA since before Marty. Maybe 20 wins against the right teams, but not just any 20.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb.-marlin-1.html

I see 5 each 20 win seasons in 13 tries. Last year was the first in 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Twenty wins haven’t been a ticket to the NCAA since before Marty. Maybe 20 wins against the right teams, but not just any 20.
    The growth of the original Big East and ESPN coincided with that time frame.

FIU/SDSU was an 100% anomaly; even one non power conference team making runs that deep falls between blue moons and Hailey’s Comet.

Look, all the Marlin mediocrity fans here can sit together and fill up 2 rows. Yall can pretty much pick your rows. The cajundome will be pretty empty. But by all means, as long as the same 500 people show up, this administration will be ecstatic, and keep extending him in perpetuity. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Look, all the Marlin mediocrity fans here can sit together and fill up 2 rows. Yall can pretty much pick your rows. The cajundome will be pretty empty. But by all means, as long as the same 500 people show up, this administration will be ecstatic, and keep extending him in perpetuity. Yay!
    #MarlinMafia

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    We just don’t have enough bandwagon fans. That’s another indicator of how poorly Bob has handled his job.

I'm not sure if I would be considered a fair weather fan, bandwagon fan or something else. I haven't stepped in the Cajundome to watch a Cajun basketball game since before Marlin's 1st extension. However, I have never missed listening to a basketball game on the radio. I want the Cajuns to win every game, but I do not support the decision to keep extending Marlin's contract. And for that reason, I will not give my money to watch a team coached by Marlin.

That is hyperbole. Attendance may be exaggerated some but there are way more than 500 people at games. We had that many in students attend several games last season. Some of that was due to the players on the team promoting their efforts on campus. People who did attend the games last season enjoyed them. Everyone who went agreed the team played hard every possession and put the team first over their own stats. That is why they were able to garner the first home undefeated season since the CajunDome opened.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSaint08 View Post
    I'm not sure if I would be considered a fair weather fan, bandwagon fan or something else. I haven't stepped in the Cajundome to watch a Cajun basketball game since before Marlin's 1st extension. However, I have never missed listening to a basketball game on the radio. I want the Cajuns to win every game, but I do not support the decision to keep extending Marlin's contract. And for that reason, I will not give my money to watch a team coached by Marlin.
    Pay the 10 dollars a month for ESPN plus and sync your radio to Jay’s call. You will enjoy the games more that way. There are other people who have your view. I wonder if that would change if the Cajuns get into post season play for a second consecutive season.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    That is hyperbole. Attendance may be exaggerated some but there are way more than 500 people at games. We had that many in students attend several games last season. Some of that was due to the players on the team promoting their efforts on campus. People who did attend the games last season enjoyed them. Everyone who went agreed the team played hard every possession and put the team first over their own stats. That is why they were able to garner the first home undefeated season since the CajunDome opened.
    Also a certain group tried to draw up intrest outside the Cajundome and was ran off.

I don't want to be non-negative as that seems to be the trend on here.

We had a great time last year watching the team play, and win a conference championship. I am looking forward to watching a new team go out this year and play their hearts out to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    GREAT! So we're all set. Basketball is killing it. Attendance is great! We are maintaining peak program performance. We don't wanna mess up this great thing we have going!

14. Default Re: Marlin Contract Extension - FOUR MORE YEARS!

Hoping for a great season

GREAT! So we're all set. Basketball is killing it. Attendance is great! We are maintaining peak program performance. We don't wanna mess up this great thing we have going!
    Calm down brother.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information