Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread: Academic news from this morning

Default Re: Academic news from this morning

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Source?
    According to The Hickory Record, the Appalachian State Board of Trustees claim the show led to a 25% increase in applications, the equivalent of $360 million in advertising.

Read More: App State Reveals How Much Money They Made From College Gameday | https://1033thegoat.com/app-state-re.edium=referral

And 3 students also won a full free ride of tuition and fees for a year

2. Default Re: Academic news from this morning

. . . we can make stuff up like that also, and should . . .

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I'll have to search it, but it was a part of a sort of a recap of how big that event wasI certainly didn't pull it out my azz
    You pulled it out your wallet…lol.

Great points about app state and GameDay
    But what is the argument? I don't think we have ever turned away gameday

See also those who say when others claim that espn picks winners and losers that those people are tin foil hat conspiracy theorists, seems like evidence was just provided for that

6. UL 1984, 1999 . . . . Re: Academic news from this morning

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    What kind of students applied? Not just SAT & GPA, but what are their goals? What do they think higher education is supposed to do for them?

I'll bet no one cancelled their applications to the Ivy League schools to go there.

I’d say as many as canceled their Ivy League applications to come here because we’re R1.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’d say as many as canceled their Ivy League applications to come here because we’re R1.
    Checks notes: multiple schools can be applied to at the same time

8. Default Re: Academic news from this morning

Cajun Fun was casting disdain on fellow conference members students and school with the remark about high schoolers not canceling their Ivy League education to attend football pow App State.

25 pct of the ivy league has something in common with app st, that we don't seem to be allowed to have

Any guesses

10. Default Re: Academic news from this morning

The R1 status really impacts our graduate student recruiting and enrollment. I believe this has improved/increased. It also hugely impacts UL's ability to recruit new companies to interview our graduates along with giving the faculty a much more competitive position to win more grants. Both are also up.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRaginCajun View Post
    The R1 status really impacts our graduate student recruiting and enrollment. I believe this has improved/increased. It also hugely impacts UL's ability to recruit new companies to interview our graduates along with giving the faculty a much more competitive position to win more grants. Both are also up.
    From da man. It’s good to have a front porch but you best have a solid home behind it.

Checks notes: does graduate tuition fee parameters have same restrictions as undergrad? Maybe we can add a separate athletics fee to them? Aren't most grad students subsidized anyway, so would be a simple transfer from academic $ (they are increasing) to athletics $???

13. Default Re: Academic news from this morning

Quote Originally Posted by 60swerethebest View Post
    From da man. It’s good to have a front porch but you best have a solid home behind it.
    Well put

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6

Thread Information