Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black and Gold

UL Football Black and Gold

We bout to find out!

Yea it's preseason but who gives a s-/!

Default Re: Black and Gold

Is this thread a list of non school colors?

Any Cajuns on either team?

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    We bout to find out!

Yea it's preseason but who gives a s-/!
    I'm hoping the NFL isn't still as woke as it has become, not holding my breath.

5. Default Re: Black and Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    No

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    No but listening to the pre game it sounded like there was a Cajun guy on the radio.

Saints offense liked good. Carr was sharp, Crablegs looked good too. KC has better depth but pretty good start of the year.

Derek Carr's first drive in the Superdome goes 6 of 8 for 70 and puts 6 on the board. Good start.

Up next: Saints Football is back in 7 days:

Aug. 20: Saints at Los Angeles Chargers, 6:05 p.m. CT (FOX 8)(Nola)

Cajuns Football in the Swamp this Friday (Open practice) Gates C and D open @ 5:30pm.

LFG.

9. Default Re: Black and Gold

This is as good as Red, white and Black . . .

My biggest surprise in the game today is that Blaine Gabbert is still in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    My biggest surprise in the game today is that Blaine Gabbert is still in the NFL
    Imagine that, posters being wrong about QB choices, are pigs flying too?

12. Default Re: Black and Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Shows the true wealth gap between a starter and a backup in the NFL. There are about 20 quality starters in the NFL and that might be a stretch, after that it is a crapshoot, meaning that most every team in the NFL is lucky to have any quality depth at QB, so if you lose your starter you might be in major trouble. KC has arguably the best QB in the NFL, but their backup is a guy who is a journeyman in the NFL, but he has started before, so, their is that. The Saints have been lucky to have names like, Teddy Bridgewater and Jamies Winston and Andy Dalton as backups who can win games when called to do so, most teams don't have that. Look at the list of backups in the NFL right now, there is a mix of journeymen, no names and then really young quality college guys, who we have no idea what they will be or won't be.

Saints 3rd string QB Jake Haener is the reason Ben Wooldridge is here at Louisiana.

14. UL Football Re: Black and Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Saints 3rd string QB Jake Haener is the reason Ben Wooldridge is here at Louisiana.
    How close was the competition between them? They’re one year apart. Ben went directly to Fresno and Haener was a Washington transfer with a year waiting period. Both had about the same game experience, but Haemer had an extra year of overall college experience.

Not sure how close it was, but apparently the coaching staff at Fresno went with Haener. I'm glad they did.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information