Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: OT Podcast: We're Talkin' Whiskey

Tickets OT Podcast: We're Talkin' Whiskey

Turbine, if you do not want this on the site, I understand and will not post it. Otherwise, I will post on this one thread. I would love to have you on to record a commercial or two.

The We're Talkin' Crew is talking whiskey. In this episode, we are talking not quite whiskey 101, so we called this episode 50.5.

Default Re: OT Podcast: We're Talkin' Whiskey

If you haven’t tried Garrison Brothers from the TX Hill Country, I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    If you haven’t tried Garrison Brothers from the TX Hill Country, I highly recommend it.
    The pride of Hye. We’ve done the distillery tour and keep a bottle on hand at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    The pride of Hye. We’ve done the distillery tour and keep a bottle on hand at all times.
    We spent a night and day up in Jackson, Wyoming last weekend on our way up to Yellowstone. Walking the shops, there was a store for a distillery called Wyoming Whiskey.

Picked up a bottle of their Outryder 100%. Very good and smooth, with a bit of nice spicyness.

I’m not an expert like some on here, but I was given a bottle of Wyoming Whiskey and found it to be very good.

Thanks, guys, I will have to check it out. I have seen the Wyoming Whiskey and will pick up a bottle next time I see it.

I was able to acquire a bottle of Russels 13 year barrel proof. Hefty price but if you get a chance to find it, buy it.

Whoever does the store picks for Rouses (whether it be Donny Sr or whoever) must have the same taste preferences as me, because I've never had a single barrel pick of whatever from Rouses that I didn't like. Also, randomly picked up a store pick of 1792 Full Proof from Richey's Y-Not-Stop on Ambassador and was one of my favorite bottles of bourbon I ever purchased. That's what's cool about trying random single barrels of anything. Friend of mine grabbed a 1792 full proof bottle from elsewhere and we both agreed that one was pretty bad.

Enjoyed the pod episode guys.

Enjoying some Kentucky distilled wolcott right now. Pretty darn good I must say.

Regarding Rouse’s, they carry the brand my son reps for south Texas (pretty much everything Austin south to the border. Calumet Farms. Very nice bourbon! Nunu’s has it as well. I keep the 8 year on hand as well as the small batch (8 and 15 year blend). Both good and won’t break the bank either. Now once you hit the 14, 15, and 16 year bottles you’ll pay for it!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Garrison Bros is tough to beat.

Z

12. Default Re: OT Podcast: We're Talkin' Whiskey

Coors/Molson Beer Company has just purchased Blue Run Spirits. That is the company that produces Buffalo Trace, Blanton's and Pappy Van Winkle amongst others.

That is a huge investment. Coors/Molson and other legacy beer companies (MACRO BREWRIES) see the problem with the slow down of your traditional Macro beers, like Coors, Bud and Miller as more and more people are moving towards, Wine, spirits and more importantly Craft or Micro Breweries. The only way those companies like the beforementioned beer companies can survive is to diversify. That means either take over Micro Breweries or move to Spirits. That is what Coors/Molson just did.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Coors/Molson Beer Company has just purchased Blue Run Spirits. That is the company that produces Buffalo Trace, Blanton's and Pappy Van Winkle amongst others.

That is a huge investment. Coors/Molson and other legacy beer companies (MACRO BREWRIES) see the problem with the slow down of your traditional Macro beers, like Coors, Bud and Miller as more and more people are moving towards, Wine, spirits and more importantly Craft or Micro Breweries. The only way those companies like the beforementioned beer companies can survive is to diversify. That means either take over Micro Breweries or move to Spirits. That is what Coors/Molson just did.
    I am not sure where you read that, but Buffalo Trace and the others are owned by Sazarac. I did see where they bought Blue Run, but to my knowledge that is not who owns the others. Can you please share a story? Thanks!

14. Default Re: OT Podcast: We're Talkin' Whiskey

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I am not sure where you read that, but Buffalo Trace and the others are owned by Sazarac. I did see where they bought Blue Run, but to my knowledge that is not who owns the others. Can you please share a story? Thanks!
    My bad. I read it wrong.

As a non recovering alcoholic. I hate you all.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information