Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: More Cajuns in the Swamp.

Default More Cajuns in the Swamp.

This is an idea to add some souls to Gameday.

Intramurals back in my day were played on a field behind Fraternity Row behind the BB courts and across from that bus stop up top of that tunnel that heads to Bourgeois. I can only guess that these days its played on that land which has added Rugby and a couple other sports over there behind Sorority Row. What if they were given the opportunity to play Intramural Football inside the Swamp. Maybe the night before Gameday with the lights on, testing audio, with some AC/DC, 5FDP, etc... They'd bring others along as well. Maybe even, BYOB? Even more out there would be they can play their game after The Game in the Swamp. During halftime they could (both) run a series, two plays, one, then Pride of Acadiana rolls in, or do it after the traditional halftime ceremonies. in advance of the Intramural game.

Just putting it out there.

Swamp

As a matter of fact, my freshman year we actually played that season right outside of CF where the pavement ended.

Last edited by Swamp; August 3rd, 2023 at 08:31 pm. Reason: More info

2. Default Re: More Cajuns in the Swamp.

The more uses they find for the Swamp, the more likely it is that people will head there on GameDay without giving it a second thought.

Default Re: More Cajuns in the Swamp.

We played intramurals in the cajun field parking lot

Ragin' Cajuns Re: More Cajuns in the Swamp.

VERY interesting ideas. Many of you don't know that I attended Oklahoma State University for my first 2 years of college before transferring to U(S)L. I was in the band up there, as well. What was cool was that they allowed the band to practice in the stadium on Saturday mornings before the game. After practice, a group of us would play a football game for an hour or so before we left. I don't remember POA ever being allowed in CAJUN FIELD for a practice.

#cULture
    #WeAreLouisiana
    #GeauxCajuns

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    This is an idea to add some souls to Gameday.

Intramurals back in my day were played on a field behind Fraternity Row behind the BB courts and across from that bus stop up top of that tunnel that heads to Bourgeois. I can only guess that these days its played on that land which has added Rugby and a couple other sports over there behind Sorority Row. What if they were given the opportunity to play Intramural Football inside the Swamp. Maybe the night before Gameday with the lights on, testing audio, with some AC/DC, 5FDP, etc... They'd bring others along as well. Maybe even, BYOB? Even more out there would be they can play their game after The Game in the Swamp. During halftime they could (both) run a series, two plays, one, then Pride of Acadiana rolls in, or do it after the traditional halftime ceremonies. in advance of the Intramural game.

Just putting it out there.

Swamp

As a matter of fact, my freshman year we actually played that season right outside of CF where the pavement ended.
    Yeah that'll work. The entire fraternity and sorority "Game Day Experience" has been kicked in the head by our illustrious leaders. Wanna witness a big F-U to the university from the Greeks, approach them with your idea.

Another idea would be maybe they could have 1000s of students park at cajun field every day. If they see the stadium every day and tents up on Fridays in the fall they might get curious and come back on the weekends to see what that is all about. Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Another idea would be maybe they could have 1000s of students park at cajun field every day. If they see the stadium every day and tents up on Fridays in the fall they might get curious and come back on the weekends to see what that is all about. Just a thought.
    As a riff on that...every Friday prior to a Saturday home game set up a couple of Pitts/grills near drop off points at CF...every student gets a free burger along with a one sheet about Saturdays student tail gate or oak tailgating, where to park, game info etc...Set up and q 11a to 3P....INVITE THEM PERSONALLY TO GAME..

I like it 71.

On another note, u should drop the "fanof" in "fanof71" and become straight up Z71. Lol

On a final note:

Here We Geaux! We need energy like this from our current coaches and players. Geaux Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    We played intramurals in the cajun field parking lot
    Dang. You must be as old as I am!! We played flag football and softball there. Mid-late 70s.

Quote Originally Posted by shof View Post
    Dang. You must be as old as I am!! We played flag football and softball there. Mid-late 70s.
    Us too...mid 70's....GDI

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Us too...mid 70's....GDI
    Same here.

Name:  new swamp.png
Views: 567
Size:  723.1 KB

Highly detailed rendering of improvements presented in I wanna say 2014. Came across the file today and haven't seen it in years. Anyhow, here she is

14. Default Re: More Cajuns in the Swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Name:  new swamp.png
Views: 567
Size:  723.1 KB

Highly detailed rendering of improvements presented in I wanna say 2014. Came across the file today and haven't seen it in years. Anyhow, here she is
    Nice archival find

That's Texas Tech's stadium. I think that was floated around as an idea as to what the dream was involving CF. Not necessarily plans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information