Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Future Conference Breakdown (What we know now)

1. Sunbelt Future Conference Breakdown (What we know now)

Obviously, this is still a moving target, but here is, if nothing changes as of right now, what conferences will look like in 2025. Tons will still change between now and then, but I figured if anyone was unsure of what it was going to look like as of right now.

This is football only:

BIG 12 (13 Teams)
    BYU, Cincy, Houston, UCF, Baylor, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, OSU, TCU, Texas Tech, WVU and Colorado.

SEC (16 Teams)
    UGA, Tenn, SC, Kentucky, Florida, Mizzou, Vandy, Oklahoma, Texas, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, A&M, Arkansas and MSU.

PAC 12 (9 Teams)
    Utah, Washington, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington State, Arizona, Cal, Stanford and Arizona State

ACC (14 Teams)
    BC, Clemson, Duke, FSU, GT, Louisville, Miami, UNC, NC State, Pitt, Syracuse, UVA, VT and Wake

BIG 10 (16 Teams)
    Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, MSU, Minnesota, Nebraska, NW, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin, USC and UCLA

Independents (4 Teams) *Notre Dame
    ND*, UCONN, UMASS, Army

SUNBELT (14 Teams)
    UL, Texas State, USA, Troy, USM, Arkansas State, ULM, Coastal, App, Marshall, JMU, ODU, Georgia State and Georgia Southern

AAC (14 Teams)
    Charlotte, FAU, UNT, Rice, UAB, UTSA, ECU, Memphis, Navy, SMU, USF, Temple, Tulane and Tulsa

CUSA (10 Teams)
    Liberty, NMSU, Jacksonville State, Sam Houston, WKU, MTSU, UTEP, FIU, La Tech and Kennesaw State

MAC (12 Teams)
    Akron, Bowling Green, Buffalo, Kent State, Miami (Oh), Ohio, Ball State, CMU, EMU, WMU, NIU and Toledo

MWC (12 Teams)
    Boise, AF, Wyoming, Utah State, Colorado State, New Mexico, Fresno, SJSU, SDSU, UNLV, Hawaii and Nevada

This is based on 2025 season; I am positive it won't look like this in 2025. The question is what it will look like then.

I did this because I was so confused, and this gave me a chance to see what I know as of now.

Default Re: Future Conference Breakdow (What we know now)

Any chance, ACC could muscle ND into conference compliance and pickup UCONN?

What about ARMY to the B12?

I thought major independent wasn’t supposed to be a long term thing, just a parking spot while looking for a conference home?

5. Default Re: Future Conference Breakdow (What we know now)

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    I thought major independent wasn’t supposed to be a long term thing, just a parking spot while looking for a conference home?
    Your thoughts are correct.

Temporary.

What about ARMY to the B12?
    No way.

Arizona, ASU and Utah will likely be added to the Big12 this week. Word is the PAC TV deal will only pay $20 Mill and it’s mostly streaming.

From there, Washington and Organ will go to the B1G.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    No way.

Arizona, ASU and Utah will likely be added to the Big12 this week. Word is the PAC TV deal will only pay $20 Mill and it’s mostly streaming.

From there, Washington and Organ will go to the B1G.
    Bud, who do they back fill with? Hawaii? Wyoming?

Bud, who do they back fill with? Hawaii? Wyoming?
    If they even backfill at all. Possibly AAU schools such as Rice, Tulsa, SDSU, Tulane and Memphis. Or, some type of MW/PAC merger. Heck, the PAC is on life support.

Dangit. I thought B12 was on life support.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    If they even backfill at all. Possibly AAU schools such as Rice, Tulsa, SDSU, Tulane and Memphis. Or, some type of MW/PAC merger. Heck, the PAC is on life support.
    Memphis is not an AAU school. Just made R1. I think the same for Tulsa and SDSU.

I see that the Geographic footprint goes to hell.

12. Default Re: Future Conference Breakdow (What we know now)

Dangit. I thought B12 was on life support.
    No, the Big 12 got saved by taking the best available in BYU, Cincy, Houston and UCF as well as Colorado. That in turn put the PAC on life support because they were already losing USC and UCLA and now Colorado and in turn Utah, Arizona and Arizona State are the next dominos to fall.

They will attempt to save themselves and I think SDSU will be first on the list, the question is where do they go from there, do they look at the rest of the MWC teams in that market (SJSU, Boise, Fresno) or do they go in a different direction with SMU and Colorado State out of the AAC or do they do a mix of both.

My personal opinion will be a mix of both. I think Colorado State, SDSU, SMU and Boise could be on the top of their list, but don't be surprised if UNLV is there as well and not because of athletic prowess, but more because the market might be something they want.

If only Arizona goes to Big 12, Pac # can carry on with Oregon/Washington at higher payout. At any rate, remnants of Pac# will invite best of MWC. The MWC might be CUSA'd. Realignment is a cut throat business.

14. Default Re: Future Conference Breakdown (What we know now)

We don’t know what the tv deal is, but it may not be set in concrete. The tv deal might be dependent upon who’s still in. Oregon ad said yesterday that to them it’s not about money but who you associate with. They’re clearly preparing an exit for Big 10. Arizona board having an unplanned meeting.

All this suggests PAC12 is not going to survive. Stanford and CAL independent.

Default Re: Future Conference Breakdown (What we know now)

It’s no coincidence the SBC East got three close proximity teams when the move to 14 happened. 2025 will be interesting.

I look for the remnants of the MWC and C-USA join forces, maybe with a few members of the WAC.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information