Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread: Helmets

Default Re: Helmets

I’ll say this, the LA does look clean on the helmet.

I hate the flames going in different directions. I hate dropping the UL for LA. If you are going to change it, it should be Louisiana only, never LA. Also, for the record, I hate the current Ragin' Cajuns logo with the flames going in opposite directions.

Again, this is the problem, we continue to change our logos every 10-15 or 20 years, and therefore we have no tradition. We are our own worst enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post
    I hate the flames going in different directions. I hate dropping the UL for LA. If you are going to change it, it should be Louisiana only, never LA. Also, for the record, I hate the current Ragin' Cajuns logo with the flames going in opposite directions.

Again, this is the problem, we continue to change our logos every 10-15 or 20 years, and therefore we have no tradition. We are our own worst enemy.
    Well I am offering the A on RCAF is going the same direction as the L just needs a little editing,

We are not changing logo or I am not advocating changing logos. To me it’s more of explaining who we are. The Ragin Cajuns logo is not the end all be all. We can’t use it for everything. Softball teams doesn’t even have uniforms that have Louisiana on them it’s just the Ragin Cajuns or Cajuns. That doesn’t say who we are as a school. Same with the FDL Now I like the FDL but again doesn’t say who we are. No symbol or logo that university has came up with that says we are Louisiana. We got rid of UL because it’s not rule compliant. This would be replacing that logo.

No one is advocating in getting rid of the current signage. Just a logo to replace the UL logo. Before someone say we can use no we can’t or we can and risk a lawsuit.

This is just a avenue forward let’s use LA! As a logo Louisiana is to long.

4. Default Re: Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Well I am offering the A on RCAF is going the same direction as the L just needs a little editing,

We are not changing logo or I am not advocating changing logos. To me it’s more of explaining who we are. The Ragin Cajuns logo is not the end all be all. We can’t use it for everything. Softball teams doesn’t even have uniforms that have Louisiana on them it’s just the Ragin Cajuns or Cajuns. That doesn’t say who we are as a school. Same with the FDL Now I like the FDL but again doesn’t say who we are. No symbol or logo that university has came up with that says we are Louisiana. We got rid of UL because it’s not rule compliant. This would be replacing that logo.

No one is advocating in getting rid of the current signage. Just a logo to replace the UL logo. Before someone say we can use no we can’t or we can and risk a lawsuit.

This is just an avenue forward let’s use LA! As a logo Louisiana is too long.
    ….Except for Dan McDonald’s Redneck 4 syllables in pronouncing Louisiana, we are a 5 syllable word….our fight song Carries the UL out very well….let’s keep the thing we struggled for so long going…LOUISIANA……UL…RAGIN’ CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ….Except for Dan McDonald’s Redneck 4 syllables in pronouncing Louisiana, we are a 5 syllable word….our fight song Carries the UL out very well….let’s keep the thing we struggled for so long going…LOUISIANA……UL…RAGIN’ CAJUNS!
    That’s why we are not going to progress. Like we remain in the past because we can’t change the way we think about stuff.

Trying to move a narrative and agenda, if we keep going the same route nothing will ever change. Y’all say y’all want to become Louisiana. The most obvious thing we can do is come up with a logo that proclaims just that.

Stacked Ragin Cajuns is not it, when is the last time you saw UL on anything?

So, would Univ of Kentucky use KY on their helmets?

Illinois use ILL?

Alabama use ALA?

While I agree our logo IDs have grown somewhat stale, I think LA is a step in the wrong direction. The stand alone L (got to choose a correct font) has a better chance.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    So, would Univ of Kentucky use KY on their helmets?

Illinois use ILL?

Alabama use ALA?

While I agree our logo IDs have grown somewhat stale, I think LA is a step in the wrong direction. The stand alone L (got to choose a correct font) has a better chance.
    Well the best way is to use the state, but people on this forum always have an excuse on why we can’t use it.I really think using the state with the letter is the best option to go .

One thing I have come across no matter what argument i present that not everyone will agree.

Alumni Re: Helmets

The arguments!

1. We can’t use an L we need to stick with the same logos ( which no one is trying to get rid of current logos) just use Ragin Cajuns and FDL.

2. Since Louisville already used an L we might be confused with Louisville but no one can’t come up with an L that everyone can agree on.

2. FDL is to much like the Saints, and also doesn’t say we are as a University and we just copying other programs.

3. An L needs to be introduced but can not use the state because it looks to much like LaTech and they own the state symbol.

4. Cannot use LA because Kentucky wouldn’t use KY, or Alabama wouldn’t use AL, even though Georgia or Virginia use the abrreviated version of the state and also LA is considered to be more Los Angeles signage then Louisiana, but cannot use the state with that because that is a LaTech thing.

Did I miss any arguments ?

So no matter what we are not moving forward we are not going to do anything because it is not original or unique, we are not doing anything to move the Louisiana agenda forward. We are going to remain the same and nothing changes.

9. Default Re: Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    The arguments!

1. We can’t use an L we need to stick with the same logos ( which no one is trying to get rid of current logos) just use Ragin Cajuns and FDL.

2. Since Louisville already used an L we might be confused with Louisville but no one can’t come up with an L that everyone can agree on.

2. FDL is to much like the Saints, and also doesn’t say we are as a University and we just copying other programs.

3. An L needs to be introduced but can not use the state because it looks to much like LaTech and they own the state symbol.

4. Cannot use LA because Kentucky wouldn’t use KY, or Alabama wouldn’t use AL, even though Georgia or Virginia use the abrreviated version of the state and also LA is considered to be more Los Angeles signage then Louisiana, but cannot use the state with that because that is a LaTech thing.

Did I miss any arguments ?

So no matter what we are not moving forward we are not going to do anything because it is not original or unique, we are not doing anything to move the Louisiana agenda forward. We are going to remain the same and nothing changes.
    Those are objections, but I don’t think any one is a complete stumbling block.

The best cleanest uncluttered design should be first and formost.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Those are objections, but I don’t think any one is a complete stumbling block.

The best cleanest uncluttered design should be first and formost.

IMO
    As much I have worked on to me the best and most unique one is posted on this thread. I think LA is unique, doesn’t look at all like Tech, we are using the state what LA is referring to, and also LA is not unheard of because other universities use logos with the letters for the abbreviation of the state.

Ragin 9221, you've done great work brother. The following is not directed at you, only a synopsis of what I've been wanting to word.

If I can offer some constructive criticism, I humbly submit the following.

1. Louisiana Football has a helmet and it is sick. Very smart improvements have been made to it since 2002 and it is currently far ahead of anything I ever thought of. The State silhouette for the "Warning" information on the rear of the lid is simply a spark of genius.

2. If the "Arch" brand from the helmet were to be applied to all fan paraphernalia, 35-40% rise in royalty revenue straight into the coffers of Louisiana Football. Just think about what kind of improvements could be made to everything Cajun Football. The fact that no one is allowed to re-print the standard on our helmet is the most ridiculous philosophy in NCAA Football.

3. Nothing. Nothing beats the Cajuns script on the helmet. It's not a contradiction, you know what I mean. Use the Cajuns script whenever the hell we feel like it. Playing B.R., lets break out the script.

4. The Great State of Louisiana Silhouette is the Game-Changer. No lettering, no additions, no subtractions. A state of Louisiana Silhouette 3x5' flag with the USPTO Registered Trademark down in the bottom right quarter of the flag and every single flag printed would be sold that same day it hit the shelf. White with a red Louisiana. Red with a white Louisiana. Black with a two-tone of red and white? That would look pretty cool across Acadiana.

5. Please end the talk of "it looks like Nola, it looks like Tech, LSU trash came up with it first. No. No. No. There is one entity which can brand the border of Louisiana, from its' northern border lying @ 33 degrees and south to the Gulf. From the Sabine to the Pearl. Us and Only Us. The one and only Ragin' Cajuns. The one and only Louisiana.

Let's Geaux.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Ragin 9221, you've done great work brother. The following is not directed at you, only a synopsis of what I've been wanting to word.

If I can offer some constructive criticism, I humbly submit the following.

1. Louisiana Football has a helmet and it is sick. Very smart improvements have been made to it since 2002 and it is currently far ahead of anything I ever thought of. The State silhouette for the "Warning" information on the rear of the lid is simply a spark of genius.

2. If the "Arch" brand from the helmet were to be applied to all fan paraphernalia, 35-40% rise in royalty revenue straight into the coffers of Louisiana Football. Just think about what kind of improvements could be made to everything Cajun Football. The fact that no one is allowed to re-print the standard on our helmet is the most ridiculous philosophy in NCAA Football.

3. Nothing. Nothing beats the Cajuns script on the helmet. It's not a contradiction, you know what I mean. Use the Cajuns script whenever the hell we feel like it. Playing B.R., lets break out the script.

4. The Great State of Louisiana Silhouette is the Game-Changer. No lettering, no additions, no subtractions. A state of Louisiana Silhouette 3x5' flag with the USPTO Registered Trademark down in the bottom right quarter of the flag and every single flag printed would be sold that same day it hit the shelf. White with a red Louisiana. Red with a white Louisiana. Black with a two-tone of red and white? That would look pretty cool across Acadiana.

5. Please end the talk of "it looks like Nola, it looks like Tech, LSU trash came up with it first. No. No. No. There is one entity which can brand the border of Louisiana, from its' northern border lying @ 33 degrees and south to the Gulf. From the Sabine to the Pearl. Us and Only Us. The one and only Ragin' Cajuns. The one and only Louisiana.

Let's Geaux.
    I agree, but just choose one a role with it, idc what they do but do something.

I personally okay with outline of the state with the FDL little plain looking but whatever just do it! Just have a logo saying who are! That’s Louisiana!

Thanks Ragin9221.

As a matter of fact, that outline you're using on your designs is very sharp.

14. Default Re: Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by MelRock View Post

The flames don’t bother me at all. Unfortunately it’s part of the font UL has. I suppose we could just drop the flames altogether on the LA if that’s the only objection.

15. Default Re: Helmets

The flames going in opposite directions is a relic of the HotWheels logo.

When it was a rolling wheel they were pushing in the same direction.

Now that they are stacked or on the same line it looks uncoordinated.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . LastLast

Thread Information