Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Guess my old eyes have been deceived. I’m not sure I remember anyone said he had the livest arm but rather that he was more of a gun slinger. I took that as he took more chances which in turn leads to more turnovers. I’m not saying the kid is bad. He’s just too small and his delivery is too slow. Zeons ball gets out fast and he has much more zip on it. His deep ball touchdown Friday was a thing of beauty.

And as far as dapoot comparing chandler to Jake delhomme lol. Jake took his opportunity and ran with it. Chandler has had plenty of opportunities and it’s always come back to Ben. It’s not even close to the same thing.

Plenty of opportunity really ? Did you actually bother to watch the games last year 2 TD drives in a row and then the rotation comes. No…. go back and evaluate.DaPoot Lol I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Plenty of opportunity really ? Did you actually bother to watch the games last year to touch drives in a row and then the rotation comes. No, go back and evaluate.DaPoor Lol I like it.
    Correct everytime CF got in a rhythm, CMD would mess up the momentum.

Ben throwing into triple coverage. At least it is just practice.

https://x.com/ragincajunsfb/status/1.870950083?s=42

4. Default Re: QB1

. . . it was completed to a Cajun . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Ben throwing into triple coverage. At least it is just practice.

https://x.com/ragincajunsfb/status/1.870950083?s=42
    A tipped ball at the LOS is not throwing into triple coverage

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Plenty of opportunity really ? Did you actually bother to watch the games last year 2 TD drives in a row and then the rotation comes. No…. go back and evaluate.DaPoot Lol I like it.
    He’s been here for 4 years now. I’d call that plenty of opportunity. I guess Des killed all his momentum in the south Alabama game when he threw a pick on his first pass of the game. Then failed to score again on his next possession. Jake was a true freshman. It’s not even close to comparable.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    He’s been here for 4 years now. I’d call that plenty of opportunity. I guess Des killed all his momentum in the south Alabama game when he threw a pick on his first pass of the game. Then failed to score again on his next possession. Jake was a true freshman. It’s not even close to comparable.
    Or trying to compare

Let’s agree on this
    Chandler is a better pro style quarterback. When there is a good offensive line in front of him.

Is the line is weaker and breaks down easy then Ben seems like a better choice due to his size and athletic ability

My fear with Ben is when we are in those games that we have to rely on a passing game to get back in it or win it

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Aaron Brooks 6’4” Jake Delhomme 6’2” not much difference. BW 6’3” CF listed at a very generous 5’10” big difference.
    No offense fo Fields but we saw last season how much his height is a hindrance especially with the play of the o-line. Even Lewis had problems himself but he was far superior with his legs which somewhat made up for it.
    I see people bringing up Fields being the best pro-style qb but the problem is we don't run a pro-style offense so what does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    No offense fo Fields but we saw last season how much his height is a hindrance especially with the play of the o-line. Even Lewis had problems himself but he was far superior with his legs which somewhat made up for it.
    I see people bringing up Fields being the best pro-style qb but the problem is we don't run a pro-style offense so what does that even mean?
    I brought it up

Meaning he is the best option ( IMO ) when having to make passing plays when passing plays are needed

IE down by 10 pts in the 4th and having to complete passes when the defense knows it’s coming

Are they practicing getting excessive celebration penalties also

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Or he places more emphasis on leadership, use of legs, tall enough to actually pass the ball over and around taller linemen than a simple passing drill where there’s no heat.

The real point isn’t about the quarterbacks, but about your decision to cast doubt on CMD motivation, and dedication to winning.
    I really don't understand all this back and forth about who is the "best" qb for our team. We have a head coach, who if I remember correctly, played that same position in college. It ihs his responsibility, along with input from his coordinators, to select the starters based on on their ability to help us win the game.

Not put up the best stats. Leadership is more than stats, much more. Even with that, I am good with whomever is selected to start for the Cajuns.

As fans, it is time for us to get ready for a new season.

GEAUX CAJUNS!

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    I really don't understand all this back and forth about who is the "best" qb for our team. We have a head coach, who if I remember correctly, played that same position in college. It ihs his responsibility, along with input from his coordinators, to select the starters based on on their ability to help us win the game.

Not put up the best stats. Leadership is more than stats, much more. Even with that, I am good with whomever is selected to start for the Cajuns.

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    HC-college QB
    OC-college QB
    TE-coached a heisman QB and our HC
    Daboot-knows more about QB’s than all of them

13. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post

GEAUX CAJUNS!
    From the GetGeaux

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    HC-college QB
    OC-college QB
    TE-coached a heisman QB and our HC
    Daboot-knows more about QB’s than all of them
    DaBoot making a run as RPCA Prez.

Is there even such thing as a “pro style” QB anymore? NFL offenses are doing more and more “college style” things these days.

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst . 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information