Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Iff he did/does read this stuff, I'm sure it is just to get a good laugh!
    Every time he’d read this stuff he’d lose enough brain cells for a complete game plan.

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    BW will have a really great year and this team will be better than most people think they will be.
    I don't mind telling you I'm concerned about several areas on this team. QB is not one of them. I want to see if this offensive line has learned how to block & the backs have learned which holes to cut into. I'm concerned about a receiving corps which needs to live up to it's capabilities for once & quit being so inconsistent. I'm definitely not sure about our defensive front seven, although I hear Mike say they're practicing like their hair was on fire. I feel pretty good about the DBs even with the losses of great players back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I don't mind telling you I'm concerned about several areas on this team. QB is not one of them. I want to see if this offensive line has learned how to block & the backs have learned which holes to cut into. I'm concerned about a receiving corps which needs to live up to it's capabilities for once & quit being so inconsistent. I'm definitely not sure about our defensive front seven, although I hear Mike say they're practicing like their hair was on fire. I feel pretty good about the DBs even with the losses of great players back there.
    This team will be determined at the OL. Stay healthy and grasp the concepts we will be in the hunt for the west at the end of the year.

WR/TE deepest we’ve been in ages. No superstar player coming back, but very very talented.

RB you’ll be surprised. Collectively they are really talented. Perry, Washington and Davis are studs. Williams will be great late in games keeping those chains moving.

DL once we get to game 4 will be the strongest position on defense.

LB will be able to cover sideline to sideline for the first time in a while.

S we have some ball hawks at the safety position. They will just have to step up and not get the jitters of being first time starters.

CB is the same as the safeties. A lot of new faces, but definitely very talented.

Overall the recruiting of Napier and Des has been fantastic. OL/DL is where it is most important. It looks as though we will be improved on the OL and as good on the DL.

I think we will be 6-2 or 7-1 going into the South Al game. Win that one and we will be in position to win the SBC.

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I think any coach or admin that reads this site does so only to get a pulse for what the fan base is feeling. Probably fair to say the most passionate fans come here. I am sure this is not where they come for their strategic planning meetings.
    My opinion on this issue has never changed. Coaches and players should spend zero time here during their season. That time could be better spent preparing for their next opponent. Their offseason is a different matter. Administrators on the other hand should have someone monitoring the site to keep a pulse of the fan base. Also, they may pick up a good idea from time to time. After all, many here are experienced business professionals. On the other hand very few are in the least bit qualified as far as being able to tell coaches how to do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    My opinion on this issue has never changed. Coaches and players should spend zero time here during their season. That time could be better spent preparing for their next opponent. Their offseason is a different matter. Administrators on the other hand should have someone monitoring the site to keep a pulse of the fan base. Also, they may pick up a good idea from time to time. After all, many here are experienced business professionals. On the other hand very few are in the least bit qualified as far as being able to tell coaches how to do their jobs.
    Why shouldn't the administration just hire one or two of us then

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Why shouldn't the administration just hire one or two of us then
    There is a self imposed hiring freeze right now.

7. Default Re: QB1

. . . surely there are a couple here who would work pro bono just to be in the know . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . surely there are a couple here who would work pro bono just to be in the know . . .
    Cajuns like yes men. If you’re not in the echo chamber you’re a hater or just a negative person.

You already know this.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Ain't nothing free anymore, including ideas

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ain't nothing free anymore, including ideas
    The mascot idea was freeCrickets.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Cajuns like yes men. If you’re not in the echo chamber you’re a hater or just a negative person.

You already know this.
    Got to have the nads to be the squeaky wheel.what's the worst that could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    While I applaud the young man who tried with Albino, and I don't think it was the worst idea (we had that pepper when I was in school), vast majority of Cajuns fans I know did not like the white gator at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    How about that vermilion writer he could be the mascot then merit free trips

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Got to have the nads to be the squeaky wheel.what's the worst that could happen.
    Well…if you’ve been around this board long enough you know when a statement or idea hits too close to the facts or insults and administrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    While I applaud the young man who tried with Albino, and I don't think it was the worst idea (we had that pepper when I was in school), vast majority of Cajuns fans I know did not like the white gator at all.
    I get that, but to have a young man care more than the administration is sad.

Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst . 21 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 . LastLast

Thread Information