Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Instead of arguing amongst ourselves about qb1 vs qb2 it is clear we would benefit if we got the ncaa to instill a rule requiring a certain amount of snaps for the #2. If our 1 and 2 are worth arguing over we shouldn't see that big a drop off. But our opponents who have clear cut #1s would and thus we gain.
    Holy smokes.

2. Default Re: QB1

Instead of arguing amongst ourselves about qb1 vs qb2 it is clear we would benefit if we got the ncaa to instill a rule requiring a certain amount of snaps for the #2. If our 1 and 2 are worth arguing over we shouldn't see that big a drop off. But our opponents who have clear cut #1s would and thus we gain.
    . . . this is silly . . .

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    When he was playing here, Desormeaux was an example of an athlete trying to play the QB position. That's why we ran the pretty much every play but when we played teams with good run defenses we got beat down. Wooldridge is not that, he's a QB through and through that just happens to be able to run the ball a little better than Fields. Something else to consider is that our offensive line isn't exactly seasoned and as I understand it, they've been struggling in camp. We also saw last year how Fields struggled behind a porous line and his height factored into that. There's also the fact that our receivers are largely inexperienced this year so Wooldridge seems to be the logical choice.
    For everyone that says Fields struggled, they had nearly the same stats.

Our play improved because of the improved health and play of the OL. It didn’t matter who the QB was.

WTF is this?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    For everyone that says Fields struggled, they had nearly the same stats.

Our play improved because of the improved health and play of the OL. It didn’t matter who the QB was.
    I do think with a healthy O-Line gelling like a tight knit group, with our potential backfield talent, we can win games with either of the top 2 QBs.

Yep ncaa never takes rule change suggestions from member institutions hmmm. Well granted it is only if the rule could help.the p5, but this one could as they could then swoop down to promise more things to potential backups who otherwise may have looked to g5 for more playing time. I guess teams aren't throwing the ball more than they used to so zero pct chance arm injuries could ever occur

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The only thing chandler lacks is physical stature.
    And poor decision making since he chose to go to archbishop rummel

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I do think with a healthy O-Line gelling like a tight knit group, with our potential backfield talent, we can win games with either of the top 2 QBs.
    Holy smokes. Could have put this out their on page 1, but nah tin foil time!

Passing plays conferred significantly higher odds of injury than running plays (odds ratio [OR] 1.4, 95% confidence interval

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    When he was playing here, Desormeaux was an example of an athlete trying to play the QB position. That's why we ran the pretty much every play but when we played teams with good run defenses we got beat down. Wooldridge is not that, he's a QB through and through that just happens to be able to run the ball a little better than Fields. Something else to consider is that our offensive line isn't exactly seasoned and as I understand it, they've been struggling in camp. We also saw last year how Fields struggled behind a porous line and his height factored into that. There's also the fact that our receivers are largely inexperienced this year so Wooldridge seems to be the logical choice.
    Prob1 of the best takes I’ve read in a long time

I get it if a line is struggling athleticism is needed . Maybe that factored into the decision .

12. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    The only thing chandler lacks is physical stature.
    . . . The Bird would say that is pretty important and goes hand in hand with level of ability to scramble when playing behind a G5 OL . . .

13. UL Football Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . The Bird would say that is pretty important and goes hand in hand with level of ability to scramble when playing behind a G5 OL . . .
    I’m pulling for every single player to compete at their God given best. Let the chips fall where they may. CMD probably should pick one, and only one to start and play the vast majority of the plays.

Hopefully none are paying attention to some of these useless debates.

14. Default Re: QB1

. . . I’m not in a debate . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    I’m pulling for every single player to compete at their God given best. Let the chips fall where they may. CMD probably should pick one, and only one to start and play the vast majority of the plays.

Hopefully none are paying attention to some of these useless debates.
    Sorry to inform you they do pay attention to this site.

Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst . 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 . LastLast

Thread Information