Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

https://youtu.be/dtrlwJty_7o
    Apparently Ron Burgundy is our starting qb.

2. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I got to see a couple of periods during Friday nights practice of QBs and WR with no defense. Lunch had a hard time hitting receivers with no coverage. You could tell the game was a little fast for him. It was only a couple days in I am sure he will adjust.
    Thanks for your review. How’d BW, and ZC look in the drills?

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Thanks for your review. How’d BW, and ZC look in the drills?
    I thought all 3 of the other QBs through it well.

Name:  2023 Louisiana QB Depth.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  399.3 KB

Non of them can find a receiver?

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    Non of them can find a receiver?

And there is no defense. We in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Only one person on this site is talking about him at WR. The rest have common sense.
    Just when you thought you had a grip on his lunacy, he manages to top himself. Imagine working with that guy on a daily basis.

8. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Just when you thought you had a grip on his lunacy, he manages to top himself. Imagine working with that guy on a daily basis.
    I can't. I really can't.

Like I said before, the only way you move ZC to WR is if after watching him you realize that their is never a chance of him getting on the field as a QB (which I don't think is the case, I think there is a real chance that between this year and next he will be starting at QB for UL). Or if you are so depleated at WR that you need to get anyone on the field, and he is the best option. Neither is the case for UL. We are loaded with young WR's and a mix of veteran guys. LL2 was moved to WR because after comparing him to the athletes we had at QB, he was not really going to be the best option for us, same with Landon Baptiste from Southside. That was the case with Taysom Hill, that is the case with so many of our players and players around the country that come to college as QB's because they were special athletes in HS and they had to play QB and they played in systems that the QB was a runner more than a thrower. Trey Amos was a QB in HS, but he was never going to play QB in college, hence the move to DB. I would venture to say more guys come to college as QB's and get moved to either WR, RB or DB than any other position group. The reason for this is because they are the best athlete on their HS team, that is the only reason they are playing QB.

I can't. I really can't.

Like I said before, the only way you move ZC to WR is if after watching him you realize that their is never a chance of him getting on the field as a QB (which I don't think is the case, I think there is a real chance that between this year and next he will be starting at QB for UL). Or if you are so depleated at WR that you need to get anyone on the field, and he is the best option. Neither is the case for UL. We are loaded with young WR's and a mix of veteran guys. LL2 was moved to WR because after comparing him to the athletes we had at QB, he was not really going to be the best option for us, same with Landon Baptiste from Southside. That was the case with Taysom Hill, that is the case with so many of our players and players around the country that come to college as QB's because they were special athletes in HS and they had to play QB and they played in systems that the QB was a runner more than a thrower. Trey Amos was a QB in HS, but he was never going to play QB in college, hence the move to DB. I would venture to say more guys come to college as QB's and get moved to either WR, RB or DB than any other position group. The reason for this is because they are the best athlete on their HS team, that is the only reason they are playing QB.
    It’s hilarious bc LL2 was moved to WR bc it was clear he would never beat out ZC.

I remember New Orleans talking about inserting Reggie Bush into TE in very specific situations. Doesn't mean he was going to get the ball. He was simply in formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Name:  2023 Louisiana QB Depth.jpg
Views: 480
Size:  399.3 KB
    This pictures says, "I'm about to force one into double coverage."

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    This pictures says, "I'm about to force one into double coverage."
    Lol

I can't. I really can't.

Loaded at wide receiver huh? Yet you can't make a case to say why not a single one of our great wide outs is going to be 1st, 2nd, or even honorable mention all conference. Who's the one lacking common sense? the idiot that knows how to polly parrot every stat in SBC history, or the one who knows how to judge talent or lack thereof? Face it, you and ______ Charline K couldn't pour pee pee out of a boot if someone told you the instructions were written on the bottom. But oh yeah, go ahead & keep informing yourselves how great our receiver room is with no special game changing, game breaking talent in it.

14. Default Re: QB1

One group here believes that our wide receiver room is loaded with talent.

One here believes that it is not.

As to that part of the receiver room that is generally untested at the D1 college level, what would make one believe that the negative evaluation is more accurate than the positive evaluations at this point?

As to those in the WR room that have been here, each has demonstrated some special abilities as WR but may not have made an all conference team as a result of either

a. injuries,

b. lack of attempts because the Cajun’s WR room has been deep in talent the past few years; or

c. cancellation of the season from Covid.

It is suggested that not one of these reasons should in any way lead to a negative evaluation.

What we know for certain however is that with respect to each, a fair number of college recruiters have surely made an evaluation that each of these WR’s were either worthy of one of its 85 scholarship spots or its limited PWO spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Loaded at wide receiver huh? Yet you can't make a case to say why not a single one of our great wide outs is going to be 1st, 2nd, or even honorable mention all conference. Who's the one lacking common sense? the idiot that knows how to polly parrot every stat in SBC history, or the one who knows how to judge talent or lack thereof? Face it, you and ______ Charline K couldn't pour pee pee out of a boot if someone told you the instructions were written on the bottom. But oh yeah, go ahead & keep informing yourselves how great our receiver room is with no special game changing, game breaking talent in it.
    And how do you know ZC could be a great WR?

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 32 . LastLast

Thread Information