Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Just over 768 hours away.
    Damn right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    So let me rephrase for you boy genius. We don’t have a guy who is in any way capable of catching DOUBLE DIGIT TDs, 70, 60, or even 50 balls. Or anywhere near 1000, 900, or even 800 yards of offense on this roster at receiver. We do have a guy who is capable of doing that sitting his butt on the bench collecting splinters in his behind & that guy’s name is Chris’s. Unfortunately, we don’t have a coach with enough imagination, or capable of recruiting said special athlete to convince the one guy that is capable of doing that to change positions so he can get in the game & be a difference maker. And it doesn’t matter how much you Polly parrot info, it’s not gonna change the situation. So without Jefferson the receiving room is nul & void of that guy which means Mike’s offense is going to suffer. And that suffering is going to show up in the L column. There ain’t gonna be any 17 point, or ten point come backs by this team without a guy like that & UL’s only guy like that is a QB. Capiche?
    Are you off your meds?

Quote Originally Posted by Louisiana84 View Post
    Are you off your meds?
    He is, after all
    Attached Images Attached Images  

So let me rephrase for you boy genius. We don’t have a guy who is in any way capable of catching DOUBLE DIGIT TDs, 70, 60, or even 50 balls. Or anywhere near 1000, 900, or even 800 yards of offense on this roster at receiver. We do have a guy who is capable of doing that sitting his butt on the bench collecting splinters in his behind & that guy’s name is Chris’s. Unfortunately, we don’t have a coach with enough imagination, or capable of recruiting said special athlete to convince the one guy that is capable of doing that to change positions so he can get in the game & be a difference maker. And it doesn’t matter how much you Polly parrot info, it’s not gonna change the situation. So without Jefferson the receiving room is nul & void of that guy which means Mike’s offense is going to suffer. And that suffering is going to show up in the L column. There ain’t gonna be any 17 point, or ten point come backs by this team without a guy like that & UL’s only guy like that is a QB. Capiche?
    BW. I hope one guy in that WR proves you wrong.God Bless you.

Chriss has been a QB his whole life and a dang good one. Show me video of him playing receiver that you base this off of. For all you know he may have horrible hands when it comes to catching a football and he may not break the 3 deep as receiver. Your claims are baseless.

6. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    Chriss has been a QB his whole life and a dang good one. Show me video of him playing receiver that you base this off of. For all you know he may have horrible hands when it comes to catching a football and he may not break the 3 deep as receiver. Your claims are baseless.
    But you forget he is the smartest person on this board and he played the game.

Hate to show my age and a penchant for remembering absolute minutiae, but BWK is the same guy who said Jim Haslet traded for Aaron Brooks and planned on moving Brooks to tight end because Haslet and BWK saw that Brooks's true value was in being an all-pro tight end.

8. Default Re: QB1

But you forget he is the smartest person on this board and he played the game.
    …Got to admit that one of the best athletes we have had at UL sat for almost 2 years…of course the choice was his, but the end of year performances show he could have really helped!

From some of the videos posted on Twitter/X, I think it’s pretty clear BW is in the QB1 drivers seat until he loses control.

10. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    This.A great athlete does not necessarily make a great WR, or just because he is good at one position does not mean he is good at all of them. Zeon has played in a total of 4 games and while most everyone agrees that he is a special talent, that does not mean he is a special WR. That being said, I prefer him to be a QB long term and if you take time away from him learning the position of QB for this team, then he will never be as good as he can be at QB.

11. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Hate to show my age and a penchant for remembering absolute minutiae, but BWK is the same guy who said Jim Haslet traded for Aaron Brooks and planned on moving Brooks to tight end because Haslet and BWK saw that Brooks's true value was in being an all-pro tight end.
    His list of inane comments about things are legendary both on this board and on the radio. I don't have time to list all of them. But suffice it to say, there are so many of them, you could write a book of useless information.

lmfo. that same coach convinced a 4 star qb from a p5 to switch to wr you dumbass

I love how you call a 53-year-old man, boy genius. I aint a boy and I don't claim to be a genius, neither are you. Although you are childish.
    From now on, I will refer to you as the boy genius on the podcast.

14. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Got to admit that one of the best athletes we have had at UL sat for almost 2 years…of course the choice was his, but the end of year performances show he could have really helped!
    There are lots of cases were moving a player from one position to another works and many where it doesn't, but in almost every case you move them because they are never going to be the starter at the position that they came in at or the talent at the position ahead of them (usually more than 1) is far better than they are. That is not the case here, Zeon is arguably the best or 2nd best option at QB and the guy ahead of him is coming off a major injury and is a Senior. The long-term benefit of Zeon Chriss at QB is better than the short-term benefit of ZC at WR.

Taysom Hill was moved because the reality is he was never going to be an everyday NFL player at QB, that is a fact. Plenty of guys go to college after having pretty successful HS quarterback careers, but coaches realize immediatley that they can help the team more at another position, this is never going to be the case with ZC, he is expected to be a QB at UL, had he come to UL and struggled to learn the system or the coaches clearly saw he was not going to ever be "THE GUY", they would have moved him. LL2 is an example of this, I think almost everyone on this board thought when LL2 got here, we had the 2nd coming of LL1, but the reality is that even if LL2 was still on the roster and still playing the position of QB, the best he would have been on the depth chart at QB is 4, behind, BW, ZC, CF and possibly behind "Lunch". Why have a guy who is never going to be QB for you riding the bench, that is why LL2 was moved. ZC is expected to either take the reigns or be on the 2 deep at QB his entire career at UL. When BW exhausts his eligibility next year it will be between ZC and Lunch to see who the QB is, those will be the only 2 options next year, unless something crazy happens with a transfer or a super high-end recruit, but the reality is that this coaching staff is putting their eggs in ZC and Lunch for the QB of the future right now.

Default Re: Wooldridge Named to Wuerffel Trophy Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Anyone that has spent time at the local special education center is a good dude.
    you and boot still dont think he is our starter?

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information