Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    If only it were possible to recreate that kind of schedule as an Independent to launch us into a P5 conference.
    No thanks. We got our asses handed to us more times than not that year by the big boys. In order to compete with those guys we have to be in the same conference and have the same resources. Being independent does not afford us that. You and turbine need to stop with that foolishness

2. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    No thanks. We got our asses handed to us more times than not that year by the big boys. In order to compete with those guys we have to be in the same conference and have the same resources. Being independent does not afford us that. You and turbine need to stop with that foolishness
    6-5 in an 11 game, schedule, does, not fit your description.

Trying it for one year does not fit the definition of solid reputation.

The resources of today would seem small with a stellar schedule.

It can, still be done, as a member of the SunBelt. Don't be scared

3. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    It was actually said in a Pitbull song before BN.
    Ruhroh

Default Re: QB1

Name:  2023 Cajuns Football.png
Views: 408
Size:  1,023.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Name:  2023 Cajuns Football.png
Views: 408
Size:  1,023.7 KB
    Swamp, I like this one.

6. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    To have me on ignore you sure do seem to feel the need to post rebuttal after rebuttal to all my nonsense. However, in a season which has now swollen to 14 games for conference championship contenders it is not unlikely at all to have a gifted receiver achieve those kinds of numbers although I never said 15 TDs although you will swear on your religion & your family hate exactly what I wrote.
    So, lets dig deeper into your point. The top 2 teams in the country last year who played 15 games, not 14 as you put it, did not have a player hit those types of numbers.

Georgia's top receiver had 60 catches (10 less than 70, if you can count), he had 1059 yards (so he did get that by 59 yards) and 6 TD's (I know you don't know what constitutes teens, but that would be 13, he was 7 TD's less than the "TEENS") again that was in 15 games, not many teams will play 15 games.

TCU's top receiver did not hit any of those marks in 15 games. He had 63 receptions (7 less than 70), 942 yards (58 less than 1000) and 7 TD's (6 less than 13).

Again, both of these teams played 15 games. The only teams that will get 15 games are the two national champions and anyone that plays Hawaii if they are one of the top two teams in their conference (they play 13 game regular season, then the conference championship and a bowl game, just a secret, they won't they are picked to finish dead last in the MWC.)

Let's breakdown the SBCThe top receiver in terms of receptions in the SBC last year was Sam Pickney of Coastal Carolina with 71 receptions, he did not have 1000 yards receiving and only had 3 TD's. The top yardage receiver in the SBC last year was Jamari Thrash of Georgia State with 1122 yards, but only had 61 receptions and 7 TD's. And the top TD receiver in the SBC last year was Ali Jennings of ODU with 9, he did that while coming up short on both receptions and yards in your scenario.

The Cajuns top receiver by a wide margin was Michael Jefferson, he ended up with 51 catches for 810 yards and 7 TD's and he was really good last year.

The better question is do we have a receiver on the team that is capable of catching 50+ receptions, 750 + yards and 7+ TD's in a season while at UL. And the answer to that question is I don't know. I think we have guys with the potential for sure, but at this point it is all in the way of potential and conjecture. To me the guys to keep an eye on that could be potentially breakout stars this year and after are, Jaydon Johnson, Charles Robertson, Robert Wilson and Harvey Broussard. Also, while I do not think that Neal Johnson can hit those numbers, he will be a huge piece of the offense this year. Last year he finished with 25 catches for 296 yards and 3 TD's. I think anything less than 30+ receptions for 400 yards and 5 TDs would be a disappointment in him. Another couple of names to watch on this team are WR Tavion Smith JUCO kid who was in for the spring out of Jones Community College who is 6'4", he did not put-up huge numbers while at JCC, but he was still growing out of HS he was listed at 6'2 now he is 6'4. I am interested in AJ Jayroe who is listed at 6'5 180 and also at TE Ty Stamey who is 6'5 240.

I hope Peter Leblanc is healthy this year as he will not hit the numbers I list above, but he gives you a nice complementary piece when he is healthy in the ability to get down the field as he showed vs Iowa State. I wish his hands were a little more consistent, but hopefully coming in healthy this year will make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Swamp, I like this one.
    The problem is on "defeat" shows up actually on the helmet

8. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So, lets dig deeper into your point. The top 2 teams in the country last year who played 15 games, not 14 as you put it, did not have a player hit those types of numbers.

Georgia's top receiver had 60 catches (10 less than 70, if you can count), he had 1059 yards (so he did get that by 59 yards) and 6 TD's (I know you don't know what constitutes teens, but that would be 13, he was 7 TD's less than the "TEENS") again that was in 15 games, not many teams will play 15 games.

TCU's top receiver did not hit any of those marks in 15 games. He had 63 receptions (7 less than 70), 942 yards (58 less than 1000) and 7 TD's (6 less than 13).

Again, both of these teams played 15 games. The only teams that will get 15 games are the two national champions and anyone that plays Hawaii if they are one of the top two teams in their conference (they play 13 game regular season, then the conference championship and a bowl game, just a secret, they won't they are picked to finish dead last in the MWC.)

Let's breakdown the SBCThe top receiver in terms of receptions in the SBC last year was Sam Pickney of Coastal Carolina with 71 receptions, he did not have 1000 yards receiving and only had 3 TD's. The top yardage receiver in the SBC last year was Jamari Thrash of Georgia State with 1122 yards, but only had 61 receptions and 7 TD's. And the top TD receiver in the SBC last year was Ali Jennings of ODU with 9, he did that while coming up short on both receptions and yards in your scenario.

The Cajuns top receiver by a wide margin was Michael Jefferson, he ended up with 51 catches for 810 yards and 7 TD's and he was really good last year.

The better question is do we have a receiver on the team that is capable of catching 50+ receptions, 750 + yards and 7+ TD's in a season while at UL. And the answer to that question is I don't know. I think we have guys with the potential for sure, but at this point it is all in the way of potential and conjecture. To me the guys to keep an eye on that could be potentially breakout stars this year and after are, Jaydon Johnson, Charles Robertson, Robert Wilson and Harvey Broussard. Also, while I do not think that Neal Johnson can hit those numbers, he will be a huge piece of the offense this year. Last year he finished with 25 catches for 296 yards and 3 TD's. I think anything less than 30+ receptions for 400 yards and 5 TDs would be a disappointment in him. Another couple of names to watch on this team are WR Tavion Smith JUCO kid who was in for the spring out of Jones Community College who is 6'4", he did not put-up huge numbers while at JCC, but he was still growing out of HS he was listed at 6'2 now he is 6'4. I am interested in AJ Jayroe who is listed at 6'5 180 and also at TE Ty Stamey who is 6'5 240.

I hope Peter Leblanc is healthy this year as he will not hit the numbers I list above, but he gives you a nice complementary piece when he is healthy in the ability to get down the field as he showed vs Iowa State. I wish his hands were a little more consistent, but hopefully coming in healthy this year will make a difference.
    Sorry, it won't let me edit this post, I had two errors, it should have said Robert Willams, not Robert Wilson. And I meant, Hawaii, not anyone who plays Hawaii. Hawaii will play 13 regular season games, they if they were to finish in first or second would play in the MWC conference championship plus a bowl game, that would allow them to play 15 games. It is unlikely that will happen in 2023 as Hawaii is not very good.

On another note camp starts tomorrow. Questions will begin to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantvb View Post
    Swamp, I like this one.
    Thanks man, 32 days it begins.

11. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Thanks man, 32 days it begins.
    Just over 768 hours away.

Hopefully the updated roster gets posted tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post

So let me rephrase for you boy genius. We don’t have a guy who is in any way capable of catching DOUBLE DIGIT TDs, 70, 60, or even 50 balls. Or anywhere near 1000, 900, or even 800 yards of offense on this roster at receiver. We do have a guy who is capable of doing that sitting his butt on the bench collecting splinters in his behind & that guy’s name is Chris’s. Unfortunately, we don’t have a coach with enough imagination, or capable of recruiting said special athlete to convince the one guy that is capable of doing that to change positions so he can get in the game & be a difference maker. And it doesn’t matter how much you Polly parrot info, it’s not gonna change the situation. So without Jefferson the receiving room is nul & void of that guy which means Mike’s offense is going to suffer. And that suffering is going to show up in the L column. There ain’t gonna be any 17 point, or ten point come backs by this team without a guy like that & UL’s only guy like that is a QB. Capiche?

So let me rephrase for you boy genius. We don’t have a guy who is in any way capable of catching DOUBLE DIGIT TDs, 70, 60, or even 50 balls. Or anywhere near 1000, 900, or even 800 yards of offense on this roster at receiver. We do have a guy who is capable of doing that sitting his butt on the bench collecting splinters in his behind & that guy’s name is Chris’s. Unfortunately, we don’t have a coach with enough imagination, or capable of recruiting said special athlete to convince the one guy that is capable of doing that to change positions so he can get in the game & be a difference maker. And it doesn’t matter how much you Polly parrot info, it’s not gonna change the situation. So without Jefferson the receiving room is nul & void of that guy which means Mike’s offense is going to suffer. And that suffering is going to show up in the L column. There ain’t gonna be any 17 point, or ten point come backs by this team without a guy like that & UL’s only guy like that is a QB. Capiche?
    Have you ever seen Zeon play WR?

15. Default Re: QB1

How in the hell do you know that a guy whom has never played WR could catch 50+ balls in D1 football?

I love how you call a 53-year-old man, boy genius. I aint a boy and I don't claim to be a genius, neither are you. Although you are childish.

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information