Default Re: QB1

Can the WRs block downfield?

2. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Sort of

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    You don’t believe we’re going to have a receiver with 70+ receptions thousand plus yards in 15 touchdowns this year. Every team should have those numbers multiple guys going to Kyle.

Again, those numbers are in rarified air for Collins. There are so few get out to come close to any three annually and for a team to have one guy gets all three is ridiculous.
    To have me on ignore you sure do seem to feel the need to post rebuttal after rebuttal to all my non sense. However, in a season which has now swollen to 14 games for conference championship contenders it is not unlikely at all to have a gifted receiver achieve those kinds of numbers although I never said 15 TDs although you will swear on your religion & your family hate exactly what I wrote.

We won't have a single receiver with gaudy stats. That does not mean we won't be slinging it, though. We have 4-6 receivers who will share time out there. If you're concerned about the X because Lance may not be back, we have options. Never forget the contributions that our tight ends will make; they can be very productive in this offense, as well. No one should be worried. The ball will get there. They just have to catch it.

5. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    To have me on ignore you sure do seem to feel the need to post rebuttal after rebuttal to all my non sense. However, in a season which has now swollen to 14 games for conference championship contenders it is not unlikely at all to have a gifted receiver achieve those kinds of numbers although I never said 15 TDs although you will swear on your religion & your family hate exactly what I wrote.
    First of all I had not responded to anything of yours for over 6 months. I just unblocked you.

Secondly you said teens. I picked 15, but that being said the number could be 13. We have had one player in our history with 10. That is the highest total ever. 13 + was achieved by a total of 5 college football players last year. That is in all of college fcs division. 5 total. All knowing Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    interesting take, good insight.
    .and just about every time he threw a bubble screen to the sideline, never over the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    We have probably one of the best blocking receivers on the team over the last 4 years coming back. His blocking is probably what got him on the field so much as a true freshman. IMO. When you are receiver in the wing T they ran in high school you have to be able to block. I got to see them a couple of times watching Catholic against my old high school.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    Well Jacob Bernard should be used like Edelman from the Pats.

Harvey Broussard is the best WR prospect we’ve signed in 20 years. He just has to adjust to the college game and learn the playbook.

But our offense isn’t designed to have WR’s crazy stats.
    Yep. That and don’t forget we return a 3 year starter for his fifth year in the program that led the team in yards and receptions through the championship game in 2021. Last year he had somewhat of an off year as he missed the spring recovering from elbow surgery and all of fall with a severely strained groin muscle that bothered him all year. He should be back healthy this year too. Des has told a few people I have spoken to that he probably had his best spring ever last spring.

9. Default Re: QB1

Sorry, I meant FBS, that was a typo. But the point is the same, last year, a year which many teams played as least 14 games, in the entire FBS division, 4 receivers in the country caught more than 13 (that is the minimum to qualify as teens, in case the smartest man in America was unaware) TD passes.

Here are those names and you expect us to have one of those guys, they are few and far between:

1. Tank Dell--caught 17 for the University of Houston, he was a 3rd Round Draft Choice in this years NFL draft.
    2. Zakhari Franklin--15 for UTSA, he is a rising Senior this year
    3. Jalin Hyatt--15 for the University of Tennessee, he was a 3rd Round Draft Choice in this years NFL draft
    4. Marvin Harrison JR--14 for The Ohio State University, he is a Junior for them this year and will probably be the #1 receiver taken in the NFL draft.

That is your entire list of WR's in FBS that caught "TEENS" as you put it in college football. Even with the potential 14 game seasons that we have today, it is nearly impossible for guys to put up those types of numbers.

Just check the facts! I know that logic, truthfulness and facts elude you, but you might want to double check them sometime.

Seems like your foolishness was exposed with numbers

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    And the other two years
    What other 2 years are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    If only it were possible to recreate that kind of schedule as an Independent to launch us into a P5 conference.
    Yep that would be great. No TV contract money and no shared money with conference affiliation. Houston and A&M both came here that ain’t happening again. You also had a lot more independents back then to fill a schedule with. It would be hard today once everyone got into the thick of their conference schedules. VT was an independent back then too.

13. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    If only it were possible to recreate that kind of schedule as an Independent to launch us into a P5 conference.
    If UL were to build a reputation of playing that strong of a schedule very few programs would turn down a home-n-home with Louisiana.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    If UL were to build a reputation of playing that strong of a schedule very few programs would turn down a home-n-home with Louisiana.
    Only those in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12, and ACC would not schedule a home and home. Other than that when teams have OOC dates available in October or November I’m sure they’d have a shot at scheduling them.

15. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Only those in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, PAC 12, and ACC would not schedule a home and home. Other than that when teams have OOC dates available in October or November I’m sure they’d have a shot at scheduling them.
    Schools have open dates that span conference play.

Some coaches don't like the break.

Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst . 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 . LastLast

Thread Information