Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    I think he's the superior talent and runs the team better. As for your second question, because he's a quarterback through and through. This idea that he should be a gadget player or wr because he's athletic is ridiculous. It's the same mentality Bustle had which kept Gautier off the field in favor Masson and McGuire while we got beat almost every week. He's not a Taysom Hill, he's more Lamar Jackson.
    Again, why I feel Chriss should be the starter. Unless BW is far and away the better QB, then Chriss should start. I just don't see the BW is that much better. If it's even close, let the guy that's gonna be your future starter, startrather than make him sit (instead of getting experience) in favor for a guy that won't be here next year.

2. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Jake Delhamme was 5-6 on the field his senior year but Texas Tech "forfeited" which is different from "vacated" so Jake was 6-5 in 1996
    OK. Thanks for update. And how does that relate to the actual point about 1 qb or 2

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Again, why I feel Chriss should be the starter. Unless BW is far and away the better QB, then Chriss should start. I just don't see the BW is that much better. If it's even close, let the guy that's gonna be your future starter, startrather than make him sit (instead of getting experience) in favor for a guy that won't be here next year.
    Coaches don’t think like
    Fans. They rarely sit seniors who are good players. Also, they think Ben gives them best chance to win due to fact he is a team leader. He had to earn respect from working so hard to come back from a severe injury rather quickly.

Ii love it.the WR room is already getting crushed on here, without ANYONE OF YOU having seen anything of the players who are new to the program or the guys who didn't play last year that are in that room.so early to be writing checks with your mouth that you can't cash.

5. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    OK. Thanks for update. And how does that relate to the actual point about 1 qb or 2
    That wasn't the only part of your question. You asked about a Super Bowl caliber QB1

6. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    That wasn't the only part of your question. You asked about a Super Bowl caliber QB1
    It was in response to his bringing up 6-6, implying that a 2 qb system leads to 6-6 and 1qb does better. I think he needs to show more data to prove that point

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    I will always defer to experience in this situation. You have a proven winner in BW and he has experience. I know we're all excited for what ZC brings in the future but I just think we know what we have in BW right now and he's been successful. No reason currently to change that up.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ii love it.the WR room is already getting crushed on here, without ANYONE OF YOU having seen anything of the players who are new to the program or the guys who didn't play last year that are in that room.so early to be writing checks with your mouth that you can't cash.
    The WR’s will be fine. This incoming class is the most talented group we’ve had since Lawson, Surgent and Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Weren't we 6-5 twice and 5-6 once (so basically 6-6 avg) when we had a one qb system with a super bowl caliber QB?
    What does this have to do with last season? UL prolly had the best defense in the conference & a load of talent at the offensive skilled positions left over from the previous regime who supposedly stole all of our root stock which is another complete load of motherless horse poop concocted by those who constantly apologize for all the wickedness created by the fear mongers at Martin Hall. The fact is Mike's own inexperience last season which he now realizes upon self evaluation cost him at least two games last year, is the sole driver for him being so quick to pick a horse & run with it this season.

I happen to agree with his thinking 1 thousand per cent & no one on this heavenly forsaken site can accuse me of being an MD sycophant. As for Jake having to tough out his last season in a one QB system had about as much to do with that season as Drew Brees being the only QB for a Saints team which was the personal whipping boy of a corrupt commissioner who was attempting to make a haggard stance against personal bodily injury in a league where personal bodily harm had been peddled for the followers to dine on for the better part of the past century. What a hypocrite he was. And what a hypocrite are you for using such a miserable comparison as your crutch in this mental war of wits.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    The only one writing a check he can't cash is the one who is proclaiming the WR room is so blessed with talent only those riding magical unicorns pooping skittles across the sky can see this unbridled talent which hath yet to produce one name on any all conference list made by anyone who pays a lick of attention to this conference. IOW, name an all conference wide out from this school who is a sure fire guarantee to catch at least teen TDs & 70 balls for 1000 yards, or please Please. The only one I can see is named Chriss & he's buried on the bench at QB when he could be an all conference WR.

Have you guys ever heard of guy named Hinze Ward, or slash, or that white dude named Taysom Hill? Maybe some of you heard about this guy named Kevin Faulk, or Early Doucet? Oh yeah, they're from that other team, the ones who are always bragging about playing for championships? Man I hate those frickers! There's no way I'd ever do what they do, even when it works.

Far it be it from me to describe a hundred other guys who went to college as QBs & ended up as positional players just because their God given talent outweighed their ability to run a college offense due to the way they were molly coddled by their pathetic high school coaches & their failing educational systems. THIS is the reality of college football. Those who accept this reality & learn to plow on the cutting edge of it reap the benefits of success. Those who choose to be mutton heads end up with their faces in the mud while their asses bear the brunt of someone else's wagon tracks.

11. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The only one writing a check he can't cash is the one who is proclaiming the WR room is so blessed with talent only those riding magical unicorns pooping skittles across the sky can see this unbridled talent which hath yet to produce one name on any all conference list made by anyone who pays a lick of attention to this conference. IOW, name an all conference wide out from this school who is a sure fire guarantee to catch at least teen TDs & 70 balls for 1000 yards, or please Please. The only one I can see is named Chriss & he's buried on the bench at QB when he could be an all conference WR.

Have you guys ever heard of guy named Hinze Ward, or slash, or that white dude named Taysom Hill? Maybe some of you heard about this guy named Kevin Faulk, or Early Doucet? Oh yeah, they're from that other team, the ones who are always bragging about playing for championships? Man I hate those frickers! There's no way I'd ever do what they do, even when it works.

Far it be it from me to describe a hundred other guys who went to college as QBs & ended up as positional players just because their God given talent outweighed their ability to run a college offense due to the way they were molly coddled by their pathetic high school coaches & their failing educational systems. THIS is the reality of college football. Those who accept this reality & learn to plow on the cutting edge of it reap the benefits of success. Those who choose to be mutton heads end up with their faces in the mud while their asses bear the brunt of someone else's wagon tracks.
    So I unblocked you just to see if what you were saying and day one I already take issue with you spewing nonsense.

Do you know how many times a Ragin Cajun WR has hit the marks you laid out. Let’s look at it individually.

Never has a UL receiver had single season teens in TDs. The closest UL receiver had 10 and that was done only 4 times, the most recent by Ja’marcus Bradley.

Twice all time has a UL receiver had 70+ receptions in a season. Both times his name was Brandon stokely.

And only 5 times in UL’s history has a receiver had over 1000 yards in a season. And the last UL time was Javon Lawson in 2011.

In fact if you take the top 5 WR’s and top 2 TE’s from every FBS team last year less than 3% of all college receivers come close to those numbers.

Check this out. A total of about 30 guys had over 1000 yards last year in FBS and only 1 of those was from the SBC. About a total of 30 guys in FBS had over 70 catches and only 1 from the SBC. And 5 guys had teen TD’s and none were from the SBC. Those numbers are just rarified air for collegiate receivers.

By the way. Who is Hinze Ward. For someone who watches the NFL so much. I assume you meant Hines Ward? Hinze is a pen company.

Zeon Chriss is not buried on the depth chart at QB he will probably be the #2 QB on this years roster as a redshirt freshman. This team is loaded at young WR with Charles Robertson, Robert Williams amongst others. All who are more talented at WR than Chriss at this point in time. 2 years ago no one knew anything about a guy named michael Jefferson and he became one of the most prolific WR we have ever had.

I wish we could have a receiver with the numbers you referenced but the reality is they are few and far between based on something I like to use as facts, something you should look into.

12. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    So I unblocked you just to see if what you were saying and day one I already take issue with you spewing nonsense.

Do you know how many times a Ragin Cajun WR has hit the marks you laid out. Let’s look at it individually.

Never has a UL receiver had single season teens in TDs. The closest UL receiver had 10 and that was done only 4 times, the most recent by Ja’marcus Bradley.

Twice all time has a UL receiver had 70+ receptions in a season. Both times his name was Brandon stokely.

And only 5 times in UL’s history has a receiver had over 1000 yards in a season. And the last UL time was Javon Lawson in 2011.

In fact if you take the top 5 WR’s and top 2 TE’s from every FBS team last year less than 3% of all college receivers come close to those numbers.

Check this out. A total of about 30 guys had over 1000 yards last year in FBS and only 1 of those was from the SBC. About a total of 30 guys in FBS had over 70 catches and only 1 from the SBC. And 5 guys had teen TD’s and none were from the SBC. Those numbers are just rarified air for collegiate receivers.

By the way. Who is Hinze Ward. For someone who watches the NFL so much. I assume you meant Hines Ward? Hinze is a pen company.

Zeon Chriss is not buried on the depth chart at QB he will probably be the #2 QB on this years roster as a redshirt freshman. This team is loaded at young WR with Charles Robertson, Robert Williams amongst others. All who are more talented at WR than Chriss at this point in time. 2 years ago no one knew anything about a guy named michael Jefferson and he became one of the most prolific WR we have ever had.

I wish we could have a receiver with the numbers you referenced but the reality is they are few and far between based on something I like to use as facts, something you should look into.
    …Some think that our victory shield will be sticking with Fields….others say that Woolridge will take us across the bridge….oh yea go with Chris and take what others see a risk…hey some even have a hunch that the guy could be Lunch….I keep looking at the Houston game and say play Zeon from now on….and I am the guy that wanted to play the kid from Warren Easton!

Boom!

WTF are you even trying to say???

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post

Huh???

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst . 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 . LastLast

Thread Information