Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    When was the very first reference/first team to use this term qb1?
    Jim Haslett.

After Jake Delhomme had the better preseason he named Arron Brooks QB1a and Jake Delhomme QB1b
    Arro

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by MountainDew View Post
    It HAS to be Zeon in my opinion. But I’m just a plug on a message board. I don’t know shiz.
    I 100% agree. But, the word is the coaches are saying this is Woolridge's team.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I 100% agree. But, the word is the coaches are saying this is Woolridge's team.
    You mean the players are saying its Ben's team

4. Default Re: QB1

. . . that’s not what the bird meant . . . but it certainly solidifies what the bird has said . . . get ready to rumble with Ben at the helm . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    I kind of like the two qb system. If we have two that are close enough to debate, seems we would gain an advantage if others who have a clear cut 1 and an inferior #2 were forced to use a two qb system for some period of time.
    Ok. But we’re not playing fantasy football.

Let's review

CF gets hurt vs South Al.
    BW comes in and takes most of snaps until he gets hurt 5 games later.
    In those 6 games where BW took most of the snaps, BW produced these stats.

108/199
    1311 yds
    13 TD/5 int

Extrapolate that over a 12 game shedule.

216/398
    2622 yds
    26 TD/10 int

That would be a school record for season TD's and close to top 5 season for completions and yards.

Remember, BW put up these kinds of numbers with poor OL and RB production. If those 2 units are where we think they will be, we could be in for something special this year.

Last I heard is BW will start but I guess time will tell.

Bombs Away Ben!

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    Let's review

CF gets hurt vs South Al.
    BW comes in and takes most of snaps until he gets hurt 5 games later.
    In those 6 games where BW took most of the snaps, BW produced these stats.

108/199
    1311 yds
    13 TD/5 int

Extrapolate that over a 12 game shedule.

216/398
    2622 yds
    26 TD/10 int

That would be a school record for season TD's and close to top 5 season for completions and yards.

Remember, BW put up these kinds of numbers with poor OL and RB production. If those 2 units are where we think they will be, we could be in for something special this year.
    Ben was in a neck and neck race for the QB spot at Fresno. The guy who barley edged him out Jake Haener just got drafted by the Saints.

10. Default Re: QB1

I would like to see Z get handed the keys and roll with him.

Ben finished 2nd in the "air it out" competition at the peyton manning passing acdemy, while its just a throwing competition, he beat out some pretty big names in college football, lost to Penix from Washington in the finals who is the 3rd ranked QB in the nfld raft next year.

12. Default Re: QB1

. . . it’s ok to pull for and want a starting QB different than the one the bird told you it would be . . . that would in all likelyhood mean that over the passage of time, the QB position for Louisiana has in fact improved . . . my money and the bird’s money is still on BW . . .

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Ben finished 2nd in the "air it out" competition at the peyton manning passing acdemy, while its just a throwing competition, he beat out some pretty big names in college football, lost to Penix from Washington in the finals who is the 3rd ranked QB in the nfld raft next year.
    Just let that sink in. There is a very good possibility that we have the services of the best Pro QB prospect in the history of the school.

Name:  tenor.gif
Views: 304
Size:  1.79 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Jim Haslett.

After Jake Delhomme had the better preseason he named Arron Brooks QB1a and Jake Delhomme QB1b
    Arro
    Thank you so much. Great answer! Bad decision but great answer! Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Ok. But we’re not playing fantasy football.
    Fair enough, i didnt say assign points that way, though we could have benefited for some added points all those times we were among national leaders in red zone conversion percentageanyhoo. We don't play a lot of sports lol

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 . LastLast

Thread Information