Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

Hearing MD say they are full out rolling with BW makes me so excited for this season. I got on the BW train last year because of what I saw in the spring game. He didn't do anything spectacular, but his attitude on the field and the way his teammates rallied to him made him stand out to me.

Since CF was kind of already pegged to be the starter last year, when MD said "both kids deserve to start" I felt like he was really saying BW deserves to see the field because there is something special about him. CF didn't have enough to fully beat BW. Ben transferred into a QB room with an entrenched starter in Levi, with a semi designated heir in Chandler, and athletic backups in Zy McDonald, and Lance; not to mention Zeon. But apparently BW has something in him that has made him rise to the top.

I'm really excited to have a whole season to see what that is!

2. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Chriss is the future. Start him.
    The question ultimately is who gives you the best chance to win right now. I am not CMD, so I don't know what he is seeing, but as a football coach, your lifespan is very short if you don't win.

Ditka F'd this up back in the Aaron Brooks/Jake Delhomme days. Aaron Brooks had (what seemed to be, a much bigger upside), but JD was to many who watched the better QB right now. Ditka made the wrong choice and went with a guy who could not win, a year later JD was playing in the Super Bowl.

CMD has to make the right choice for now, not the future, another 6-6 or below season and he will be sitting on a very hot seat. I think if he thinks all things are equal with BW and ZC, then ZC would get the nod, but I think if there is any question if ZC is ready right now, he will go with the known commodity, which is BW.

I don't know who is better, I do know that what I saw from BW showed me that he can be very good, he is not perfect and I have made my issues with BW well known on this site. I think his biggest weakness is that 15 yard out to the sideline where he throws it where bad, really bad things can happen. We saw it last year, if he corrects that one weakness, I think BW probably gives us the best chance to win now!

That being said, I would give ZC some snaps this season, because he is probably our future, but if they are equal, I lean to BW.

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by cajuns80 View Post
    I will link the ESPN+ media day when it is published. Coach Des just said it publicly on the podium.
    Heard Des say it.

Love the start to the season already. No QB controversy. Is it the right decision, we don’t know. I agree whole-heartedly that you go with the player that gives you the best chance to win right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Love the start to the season already. No QB controversy. Is it the right decision, we don’t know. I agree whole-heartedly that you go with the player that gives you the best chance to win right now.
    The right decision is to go into the season with a bonafide starter. I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    The question ultimately is who gives you the best chance to win right now. I am not CMD, so I don't know what he is seeing, but as a football coach, your lifespan is very short if you don't win.

Ditka F'd this up back in the Aaron Brooks/Jake Delhomme days. Aaron Brooks had (what seemed to be, a much bigger upside), but JD was to many who watched the better QB right now. Ditka made the wrong choice and went with a guy who could not win, a year later JD was playing in the Super Bowl.

CMD has to make the right choice for now, not the future, another 6-6 or below season and he will be sitting on a very hot seat. I think if he thinks all things are equal with BW and ZC, then ZC would get the nod, but I think if there is any question if ZC is ready right now, he will go with the known commodity, which is BW.

I don't know who is better, I do know that what I saw from BW showed me that he can be very good, he is not perfect and I have made my issues with BW well known on this site. I think his biggest weakness is that 15 yard out to the sideline where he throws it where bad, really bad things can happen. We saw it last year, if he corrects that one weakness, I think BW probably gives us the best chance to win now!

That being said, I would give ZC some snaps this season, because he is probably our future, but if they are equal, I lean to BW.
    Jim Hasslet.

Ditka was long gone.

CMD will choose whoever he believes gives us best chance to win the SBC, right? Actually, I'm indifferent on who CMD chooses as Game 1 starter. If they prove themselves to be the MAN, then great. If not, move quickly to giving the next guy a shot. A good running game & OL will tremendously help whoever is named the starter remain the starter. Win now.

8. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Jim Hasslet.

Ditka was long gone.
    My bad.

9. Default Re: QB1

Ditka actually started Jake against Dallas and Carolina.

He beat Dallas and lost to Carolina but ran for three times the yards that Hershal Walker got vs Carilina's stout defense.

Ditka was not retained and Haslett took over, leading to QB1a and QB1b

Unlike college, regardless of what people believe, it’s not always up to the head coach in the nfl who starts at QB. Or I guess I should say that not every nfl coach has the stroke to bench the guy taking up %20 of the teams payroll for the backup.

11. Default Re: QB1

. . . I thought this thread was about QB1 for the Cajuns . . . it’s not a FDL thread so why all the Saints talk . . . Listen to the bird . . . it’s like listening to the coach . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    I think it’s time for a couple of jack wagons on here to eat some crow about who our starting QB was gonna be. Seems some people “in the know” really don’t know diddly poo
    Who on here said that they were in the know and it would be someone else besides BW as the starter?

13. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    My bad.
    Not important enough to apologize. I mean Ditka vs Haslett? Like Dumb and Dumber can’t resurrect those two football IQ.

14. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Who on here said that they were in the know and it would be someone else besides BW as the starter?
    Speaking of jack wagons

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Speaking of jack wagons
    Proof?

Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst . 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 . LastLast

Thread Information