Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Is there even such thing as a “pro style” QB anymore? NFL offenses are doing more and more “college style” things these days.
    Great point

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    HC-college QB
    OC-college QB
    TE-coached a heisman QB and our HC
    Daboot-knows more about QB’s than all of them
    And three point contests

Is there even such thing as a “pro style” QB anymore? NFL offenses are doing more and more “college style” things these days.
    NIL - check
    Outside coaches - check
    A true pro style qb might not even want to start every game

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Ben throwing into triple coverage. At least it is just practice.

https://x.com/ragincajunsfb/status/1.870950083?s=42
    Just Ben being Ben. Nothing new. Don’t expect that to change. He’s predetermined where it’s going pre-snap and that’s where it’s going.

He’s been here for 4 years now. I’d call that plenty of opportunity. I guess Des killed all his momentum in the south Alabama game when he threw a pick on his first pass of the game. Then failed to score again on his next possession. Jake was a true freshman. It’s not even close to comparable.
    No. That’s when they realized the shoulder was more injured than the knew and admitted afterwards he probably should have sat that one out.

6. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Just Ben being Ben. Nothing new. Don’t expect that to change. He’s predetermined where it’s going pre-snap and that’s where it’s going.
    . . . the most over generalization in RP history . . . agenda always seems to drive post content . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . the most over generalization in RP history . . . agenda always seems to drive post content . . .
    Nah. You wouldn’t know because you are not there at every game like me.

8. Default Re: QB1

Nah. You wouldn’t know because you are not there at every game like me.
    I have been proven to know pretty much . . . just follow my posts . . .

9. Default Re: QB1

Rewatch the video. The ball is tipped at the line of scrimmage.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunfan33 View Post
    Rewatch the video. The ball is tipped at the line of scrimmage.
    So you are thinking it possibly wasn’t intend for Migl with 3 guys around him? Maybe so that still doesn’t change what he did time after time in trying to force it to MJ in double and triple coverage last year. I hope he has matured in that aspect.

To be honest I'm more concerned about our o-line and receiving corps. I don't expect any qb to look like a world beater this year.

So you are thinking it possibly wasn’t intend for Migl with 3 guys around him? Maybe so that still doesn’t change what he did time after time in trying to force it to MJ in double and triple coverage last year. I hope he has matured in that aspect.
    Jefferson is the kind of athlete at receiver that every now and then, the QB is even instructed by the OC or HC to give him a chance to make a play regardless of coverage.

We did the same with some success to Jamarcus Bradley and Ladarius Green in past seasons. Guys who were clear mismatches.

Cunningham did it with guys like Moss and Carter. I’m sure Burrow’s done it at times with Chase, at LSU and Cincy. Steve Young did it with Owens in that last play TD to beat the Packers.

Now Miguel…he’s likely not the type of athlete to force a throw into triple coverage; however, it was practice. Not a game. There could have been other variables other than BW’s decision making. No one posting on this board knows.

If that same thing happens in an actual game, then criticize away.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    To be honest I'm more concerned about our o-line and receiving corps. I don't expect any qb to look like a world beater this year.
    We absolutely need a more consistent running game this season to have success.

14. Default Re: QB1

They design plays like that for certain people. That play is most likely something they call/ a check down if Ben sees a certain defensive scheme which can get them a solid 3-4 yards. Had that ball not been tipped that is a great play to pick up yards on 1st down or get them to a 3rd down and manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by des for pres View Post
    They design plays like that for certain people. That play is most likely something they call/ a check down if Ben sees a certain defensive scheme which can get them a solid 3-4 yards. Had that ball not been tipped that is a great play to pick up yards on 1st down or get them to a 3rd down and manageable.
    Right if not tipped and had he not had 3 defenders in his face. Other than that if he was open great play.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst . 25 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information