Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Ain't nothing free anymore, including ideas
    No matter how old and inside the box they are

After watching the practice yesterday it is clear that chandler is not QB1. Dare I say he may not even be QB2. Chriss has all the tools and the livest arm. It’ll be interesting to see what unfolds but my guess as of now is that Chriss will be the backup and probably get some meaningful snaps in games.

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    After watching the practice yesterday it is clear that chandler is not QB1. Dare I say he may not even be QB2. Chriss has all the tools and the livest arm. It’ll be interesting to see what unfolds but my guess as of now is that Chriss will be the backup and probably get some meaningful snaps in games.
    My son was able to watch the practice yesterday, and quite a few others hecan clearly see that CF has all the tools to be #1

I guess you really have to know the sport to know what you were watching

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    My son was able to watch the practice yesterday, and quite a few others hecan clearly see that CF has all the tools to be #1

He’s too short and his release is way too long. He’s a decent little player but not QB1 material.

That is the same report that I was told from a few different folks. Most folks don't know the sport or how to evaluate someone.

I gotta agree with you there. Zeon might have the most zip out of all the QBs yesterday. Add all the other intangibles and he is my QB2 as well. Nothing against CF as he is more than capable of making plays.

If CF is our best QB, O dear. Great kid. Glad he’s here. Unless our OL and WR are all everything, not a fun year. JMO.

Ben was our best QB last year, and from what I saw of Chandler, he is a capable backup. At this point Zeon must not be ready, or Des doesn't want him to start as a redshirt Frsh. He seems to lean towards seniors, in some of his interviews. So, this is not to say Ben cannot or should not improve. We need a more effective QB than last year to be successful. Ben has to improve his accuracy. There are bigger question marks on this team, imo. The running game in particular, was not very good. Both, the OL and the RB's need to make a significant improvement. It's not just the OL (the popular opinion), our RB's did not show they can evade or break tackles very well. They showed up in spurts, but no consistency. Maybe the new guys can provide it this year.

9. Default Re: QB1

. . . wut . . .

I was at the practice as well. My opinion is that Chandler will be the backup. My opinion is meaningless of course.

11. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I was at the practice as well. My opinion is that Chandler will be the backup. My opinion is meaningless of course.
    Just from the relative position next to Ben I’d agree with you. CF also practiced like he was starting. All in all Ben, CF. Lunch gaining on ZC.

12. Default Re: QB1

. . . how can one gain on someone he is ahead of . . .

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwJlZi3O.RlODBiNWFlZA==

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Uhm… Aaron brooks played qb in the nfl For 8 years and is in the saints hall of fame. We have had several athletes play qb here and Ben isn’t one of them. He threw for 1600 yards and 15 TD’s in half a season
    Once upon a time, there was a much smaller quarterback, than Aaron Brooks that rode the bench. He was a Super Bowl caliber quarterback at the same time. This little guy also sat behind some flashy quarterback from California
    USL his freshman year if I’m not mistaken, he got into the game at halftime and never looked back

You are the first person including every coach on the staff the last 2 years to say that chandlers arm isn’t the livest on the team. That’s his biggest asset.

Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst . 22 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 . LastLast

Thread Information