Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Datt Meggs View Post
    Ben wooldridge is an exact replica of taysom hill? Holy smokes son they couldn’t be more different. I guess we should move BW to tight end as well so your golden boy gun slinger can get under center. Taysom hill???? Lol. That’s like jmv saying you’re a real basketball player…
    Let me simplify it for you little one. Taysom is an athlete trying to play quarterback. ( same as Ben) Tight end never came out of my mouth. Maybe I shouldn’t of use the word exact since it brings up a broader spectrum than the position at hand. At the end of the day Taysom was not a true QB. Same situation I believe we have here
    Maybe I am wrong. But I doubt it. If he ends up being the QB then I hope I am 100% wrong and he leads us all the way

But …… CF is the man

If there is any punctuation type crap in my texts because I’m voice texting while driving

2. Default Re: QB1

. . . not only is BW a QB, he is the QB . . . The Bird

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Does BW stand for Bird Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Let me simplify it for you little one. Taysom is an athlete trying to play quarterback. ( same as Ben) Tight end never came out of my mouth. Maybe I shouldn’t of use the word exact since it brings up a broader spectrum than the position at hand. At the end of the day Taysom was not a true QB. Same situation I believe we have here
    Maybe I am wrong. But I doubt it. If he ends up being the QB then I hope I am 100% wrong and he leads us all the way

But …… CF is the man

If there is any punctuation type crap in my texts because I’m voice texting while driving
    He finished 2nd in the AIR IT OUT contest at the Manning PASSING academy against the best college QB’s in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    He finished 2nd in the AIR IT OUT contest at the Manning PASSING academy against the best college QB’s in the country.

And Aaron Brooks could throw the ball 70 yards

Your point ?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Agree with you tweety

He is . At least ( for now )

And yes I do support him

Regardless if he’s 1 ,2 , 3

Your point ?
    Uhm… Aaron brooks played qb in the nfl For 8 years and is in the saints hall of fame. We have had several athletes play qb here and Ben isn’t one of them. He threw for 1600 yards and 15 TD’s in half a season

Your point ?
    Without his shoe on!

9. Default Re: QB1

Yeah, I don't see alot of similarities between Taysom Hill and Ben Wooldridge. At the college level, I think Ben is a much better passer than Taysom was both at the college and NFL level. Taysom is a freak of an athlete, Ben is a good athlete, but a much better true QB. If any QB on our roster is most similar to Taysom Hill, that would be Chantz Ceasar in my book. Chantz is a guy who lined up at both QB and DE in HS, he is 6'1 221 and can run like the wind. I watched him play in the state semifinal game vs Brother Martin and I can tell you, he was one of the best 3 athletes on the field that day. The other two played for BMHS and are both playing college football this season.

The other two were Torey Lambert, who originally signed with Texas State, but decommited when they fired Spatival and then signed with ETSU and the other is Clayton Lonardo, who is playing for SLU this year and who I think is going to be a stud for them. This is a kid who was Taysom Hill for the Crusaders, he lined up at QB, RB, WR and TE for them last year.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Yeah, I don't see alot of similarities between Taysom Hill and Ben Wooldridge. At the college level, I think Ben is a much better passer than Taysom was both at the college and NFL level. Taysom is a freak of an athlete, Ben is a good athlete, but a much better true QB. If any QB on our roster is most similar to Taysom Hill, that would be Chantz Ceasar in my book. Chantz is a guy who lined up at both QB and DE in HS, he is 6'1 221 and can run like the wind. I watched him play in the state semifinal game vs Brother Martin and I can tell you, he was one of the best 3 athletes on the field that day. The other two played for BMHS and are both playing college football this season.

The other two were Torey Lambert, who originally signed with Texas State, but decommited when they fired Spatival and then signed with ETSU and the other is Clayton Lonardo, who is playing for SLU this year and who I think is going to be a stud for them. This is a kid who was Taysom Hill for the Crusaders, he lined up at QB, RB, WR and TE for them last year.
    Actually very well said. Maybe I should just be blunt I feel Chandler is a more complete pro style quarterback Ben is, guess we shall see

11. Default Re: QB1

Actually very well said. Maybe I should just be blunt I feel Chandler is a more complete pro style quarterback Ben is, guess we shall see
    That is a fair statement. I am not sure if it is true or not and that is why I am not a coach. I trust in CMD and his staff to make the right decision based on what they know. Good luck to whomever leads us this season as QB1.

The only thing chandler lacks is physical stature.

But …… CF is the man

When he was playing here, Desormeaux was an example of an athlete trying to play the QB position. That's why we ran the pretty much every play but when we played teams with good run defenses we got beat down. Wooldridge is not that, he's a QB through and through that just happens to be able to run the ball a little better than Fields. Something else to consider is that our offensive line isn't exactly seasoned and as I understand it, they've been struggling in camp. We also saw last year how Fields struggled behind a porous line and his height factored into that. There's also the fact that our receivers are largely inexperienced this year so Wooldridge seems to be the logical choice.

14. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    When he was playing here, Desormeaux was an example of an athlete trying to play the QB position. That's why we ran the pretty much every play but when we played teams with good run defenses we got beat down. Wooldridge is not that, he's a QB through and through that just happens to be able to run the ball a little better than Fields. Something else to consider is that our offensive line isn't exactly seasoned and as I understand it, they've been struggling in camp. We also saw last year how Fields struggled behind a porous line and his height factored into that. There's also the fact that our receivers are largely inexperienced this year so Wooldridge seems to be the logical choice.
    If you guys want to see a Taysom Hill type player, we will this season. Watch Jiya Wright at ULM. Jiya played his first year at NIU in the MAC as a backup that was put in for certain wildcat type packages. Jiya will throw the ball, but what makes him most dangerous is his running ability. He is a true, Taysom Hill type guy.

15. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    If you guys want to see a Taysom Hill type player, we will this season. Watch Jiya Wright at ULM. Jiya started his college career at NIU, then transferred to 2 different JUCO's before landing at ULM. Jiya will throw the ball, but what makes him most dangerous is his running ability. He is a true, Taysom Hill type guy.

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 . LastLast

Thread Information