Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    You do not have to be a football scholar to know that, that sort of information doesn’t need to come out until after camp. There are several reasons why. Here are just a couple. Number one being open competition makes everyone involved in the competing better. Another what if your back does have the obvious, to your entire team, much better camp and deserves the starting job? If you don’t make the announcement in July you are not in a predicament.
    You should apply to be a coach

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    You should apply to be a coach
    Was at the high school level for 15 years then left for private business. I miss it but not the pay.

3. Default Re: QB1

College pay isn’t bad, and hasn’t been for a while.

4. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    . . . but you have to know something to get that pay . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . but you have to know something to get that pay . . .
    Or have posters make posts about you knowing

You do not have to be a football scholar to know that, that sort of information doesn’t need to come out until after camp. There are several reasons why. Here are just a couple. Number one being open competition makes everyone involved in the competing better. Another what if your back does have the obvious, to your entire team, much better camp and deserves the starting job? If you don’t make the announcement in July you are not in a predicament.
    Everyone should have to earn a spot, nothing should be given.

Unless you are the head coach, then you really don't have a life. You are always working off of someone else's schedule. Ask Brent Indest how college assistant football life is like.

I think there’s a distinction between BW “expected to be the starter” and BW “will be the starter”. It’s a small distinction. But it leaves room for others to overcome the expectation.

Maybe it’s an over correction from last year when many of you _____ed because he didn’t name a starter.

I trust Des to coach football. I trust y’all to _____.

9. Default Re: QB1

Two steps forward, one step back, THROW.

Otherwise known as a halfback pass.

Since I started this post let me make things a lot more easier by complicating them. I try to never bash a Cajun player however when I watch Ben he is almost a exact replica of #7 Taysom Hill . ( so it’s not a bash )
    Maybe this style will work for us? But I don't
    Think so . But expecting him to be a true QB …it will have to be for forced .
    But Chandler never got a chance to prove himself by being taken off the field every two possessions. I know this kid, he is an absolute gunslinger and has some Jake Delhomme type qualities in his game
    I stick by my word and believe he will be the QB and will win over all of Cajun Nation .

Let’s GEAUX

Correct. At the highest level. For every well payed FBS assistant there are 10 assistants at the FCS, D2, D3, NAIA levels making about what a high school assistant does. There is only one person on the UL football staff that currently makes more than me.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post
    Since I started this post let me make things a lot more easier by complicating them. I try to never bash a Cajun player however when I watch Ben he is almost a exact replica of #7 Taysom Hill . ( so it’s not a bash )
    But Chandler never got a chance to prove himself by being taken off the field every two possessions. I know this kid, he is an absolute gunslinger and has some Jake Delhomme type qualities in his game
    I stick by my word and believe he will be the QB and will win over all of Cajun Nation .

Let’s GEAUX
    Gunslinger Mentality!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBoot View Post

Let’s GEAUX
    Ben wooldridge is an exact replica of taysom hill? Holy smokes son they couldn’t be more different. I guess we should move BW to tight end as well so your golden boy gun slinger can get under center. Taysom hill???? Lol. That’s like jmv saying you’re a real basketball player…

Instead of arguing amongst ourselves about qb1 vs qb2 it is clear we would benefit if we got the ncaa to instill a rule requiring a certain amount of snaps for the #2. If our 1 and 2 are worth arguing over we shouldn't see that big a drop off. But our opponents who have clear cut #1s would and thus we gain.

Correct. At the highest level. For every well payed FBS assistant there are 10 assistants at the FCS, D2, D3, NAIA levels making about what a high school assistant does. There is only one person on the UL football staff that currently makes more than me.
    Do you think any of these so called "assistants" are actually coaches. NCAA sets a limit on "COACHES" but then seems that limit is usurped by calling other coaches different titles. The ncaa used to define the term but seems to have gotten away from that. Used to mean coach = instruction to players, hard to believe none of these assistants ever instructed players

Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst . 17 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 . LastLast

Thread Information