Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

Speaking of Lunch? I’d love for anyone who actually sees him practicing give us a preview. I know practice are more or less private but….

I recall Jake in his first fall camp. He was so accurate I couldn’t believe that they didn’t start him. They of course wanted him to mature physically and learn the offense. It didn’t take long before they understood he was their only real option.

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Speaking of Lunch? I’d love for anyone who actually sees him practicing give us a preview. I know practice are more or less private but….

I recall Jake in his first fall camp. He was so accurate I couldn’t believe that they didn’t start him. They of course wanted him to mature physically and learn the offense. It didn’t take long before they understood he was their only real option.
    Jake was an amazing story. Going from a single A high school to what he was able to do as a true freshman, doesn't happen every day.

Default Re: Wooldridge Named to Wuerffel Trophy Watch List

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    you and boot still dont think he is our starter?
    What does his visit to the special education center or being a good dude have to do with starting?

4. UL Football Re: QB1

Not expecting Lunch to duplicate Jake, but I’m still interested in his throwing skills. Some on this board thought he was strictly the best and fastest athlete on the field. I’m curious to see who’s right CMD, or unknown board posters.

I watched several games and was very impressed before we unexpectedly landed him.

Not expecting Lunch to duplicate Jake, but I’m still interested in his throwing skills. Some on this board thought he was strictly the best and fastest athlete on the field. I’m curious to see who’s right CMD, or unknown board posters.

I watched several games and was very impressed before we unexpectedly landed him.
    I hope you are right because when Ben is gone, rumor is CF is going to be a grad transfer. Next year you will have RS sophomore ZC, which will probably be a RS freshman in Lunch, and the kid that commited from CHSBR as a true freshman. That's an awfully young group at the most important position.

I know you weren't saying Lunch was Jake. Just saying Jake was kind of a freak of nature in his ability to grasp the college game so fast. It is my understanding that Zeon is the better passer of the 2 between he and Lunch. Time will tell.

At this point, it would be a huge stretch to expect Zeon to be anything but a QB. He is a QB and probably will get some playing time as QB this year, although not in the sense of last years 2-QB system.

ZC was the number 2 QB in Louisiana behind Walker Howard! Stop the talk of him to WR!

8. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    ZC was the number 2 QB in Louisiana behind Walker Howard! Stop the talk of him to WR!
    Only one person on this site is talking about him at WR. The rest have common sense.

This right here. He is a QB who is a really gifted athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Have you ever seen Zeon play WR?
    Is he confusing ZC with LL2?

Quote Originally Posted by KajunKrazy View Post
    I hope you are right because when Ben is gone, rumor is CF is going to be a grad transfer. Next year you will have RS sophomore ZC, which will probably be a RS freshman in Lunch, and the kid that commited from CHSBR as a true freshman. That's an awfully young group at the most important position.
    Exactly why I want Zeon to be the starter THIS year.

Yep. And if Walker’s last name was Boudreaux, ZC would have probably been number one. Kinda of like Arch being number one this past year. Louisiana loves the legacies with notable names.

13. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    Yep. And if Walker’s last name was Boudreaux, ZC would have probably been number one. Kinda of like Arch being number one this past year. Louisiana loves the legacies with notable names.
    Arch was number one prospect yet Winfield ate his “Lunch “ winning championship, and all metro NOLA honors.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesTheJeweler View Post
    Exactly why I want Zeon to be the starter THIS year.
    According to article written by Kevin Foote which appeared in today’s Acadiana Advocate, the players on the team want Ben Woolridge to be the starter THIS year. Coaches say he approaches his role like an NFL player.

I got to see a couple of periods during Friday nights practice of QBs and WR with no defense. Lunch had a hard time hitting receivers with no coverage. You could tell the game was a little fast for him. It was only a couple days in I am sure he will adjust.

Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 31 . LastLast

Thread Information