Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

1. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    The only one writing a check he can't cash is the one who is proclaiming the WR room is so blessed with talent only those riding magical unicorns pooping skittles across the sky can see this unbridled talent which hath yet to produce one name on any all conference list made by anyone who pays a lick of attention to this conference. IOW, name an all conference wide out from this school who is a sure fire guarantee to catch at least teen TDs & 70 balls for 1000 yards, or please Please. The only one I can see is named Chriss & he's buried on the bench at QB when he could be an all conference WR.

Have you guys ever heard of guy named Hinze Ward, or slash, or that white dude named Taysom Hill? Maybe some of you heard about this guy named Kevin Faulk, or Early Doucet? Oh yeah, they're from that other team, the ones who are always bragging about playing for championships? Man I hate those frickers! There's no way I'd ever do what they do, even when it works.

Far it be it from me to describe a hundred other guys who went to college as QBs & ended up as positional players just because their God given talent outweighed their ability to run a college offense due to the way they were molly coddled by their pathetic high school coaches & their failing educational systems. THIS is the reality of college football. Those who accept this reality & learn to plow on the cutting edge of it reap the benefits of success. Those who choose to be mutton heads end up with their faces in the mud while their asses bear the brunt of someone else's wagon tracks.
    What makes you assume Chriss can't run the offense? He looked pretty good last year as a true freshman. He took all the snaps in the Spring and our offense isn't even complex. Again, this is the same mentality that Bustle had with Gautier. Chriss was a three star, mvp, championship-winning, No. 2 QB in the state coming out of high school. Talent and accomplishment - wise he's near or at the top of QB recruits we've ever had and you want to play him out of position? The guy is a quarterback.

Default Re: QB1

Actually we gave two fumbles away, both for 6 each in the first half. Talk about beating ourself, damn.

Wuerffel won Heisman that year, pretty sure. He was Nola's first pick in the draft. Dude still lives in Nola today doing all kinds of good stuff for the community.

Also, Chriss will be the starting QB here in 2024. That is another reason he will not be moved. He may be one play away from starting here in 2023. Rarely does one go through a season without your starter missing time. Levi Lewis was an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    I agree. Chriss is physically talented, we all can see that. I'm sure he is not ready, being a redshirt freshman, to know the offense like Ben does. I think Ben is a good QB, and there is nothing to say he can't improve upon what he has done. One area I would like to see is his completion percentage. He needs to get that up into the 60's. With an improving receiving core, I like his chances. Z Chriss can still play here and there, gain experience, and be ready for next year.
    Hopefully an improved OL will allow completion percentage to increase. That should come from not only better pass protection but a more effective running game. That should make the play action game more efficient. If the QB does not have to throw the ball away purposefully as often, the percentage will increase.

It’s sad that this is a factor, but it is reality. Say you start ZC all year, and he lights it up. Very good chance he would portal out to a P5, and our QB room is gutted next season with BW gone as well.

6. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    It’s sad that this is a factor, but it is reality. Say you start ZC all year, and he lights it up. Very good chance he would portal out to a P5, and our QB room is gutted next season with BW gone as well.
    You can’t coach scared. As CBN said scared money don’t make money.

7. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by CajunNation View Post
    I don't think portaling out as a quarterback is as easy as it is for other positions. It's too important a position and they're not just going to have someone from a G5 come right in and start on a P5 team, especially after one year. Grayson McCall couldn't even do it and he's been lighting it up for multiple years now. Even then, it's still a huge gamble because you go from the starter to an also ran sitting behind very highly recruited players. Players that know the playbook and that already have priority over you. It's not like wide receiver where it's like three or four on the field at the same time.

8. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by FeelDaRage View Post
    I don't think portaling out as a quarterback is as easy as it is for other positions. It's too important a position and they're not just going to have someone from a G5 come right in and start on a P5 team, especially after one year. Grayson McCall couldn't even do it and he's been lighting it up for multiple years now.
    Great point. But unfortunately that info does not seem to always filter down to the Portalee

9. Default Re: QB1

I don't think portaling out as a quarterback is as easy as it is for other positions. It's too important a position and they're not just going to have someone from a G5 come right in and start on a P5 team, especially after one year. Grayson McCall couldn't even do it and he's been lighting it up for multiple years now.
    G5 programs with more money to spare than us SMU, Rice, Tulsa. But I don’t believe he’d leave just for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    Also, Chriss will be the starting QB here in 2024. That is another reason he will not be moved. He may be one play away from starting here in 2023. Rarely does one go through a season without your starter missing time. Levi Lewis was an exception.
    I bet he will start in 23 also.

I don't think portaling out as a quarterback is as easy as it is for other positions. It's too important a position and they're not just going to have someone from a G5 come right in and start on a P5 team, especially after one year. Grayson McCall couldn't even do it and he's been lighting it up for multiple years now. Even then, it's still a huge gamble because you go from the starter to an also ran sitting behind very highly recruited players. Players that know the playbook and that already have priority over you. It's not like wide receiver where it's like three or four on the field at the same time.
    Grayson tried, he just didn’t have the grades.

12. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Huh?

13. Default Re: QB1

On December 12, 2022, it was announced that he would enter the NCAA transfer portal.[12] ESPN reported on January 1, 2023 that McCall had exited the portal and would remain at Coastal for the 2023 season.

So is entering the portal quitting on your team or not? Just going off what others have posted, I am neutral

14. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Most Autonomous 5 schools don’t put a premium on grades. If he’s working towards a degree is good enough for the NCAA he’s good for transferring to most places.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Actually we gave two fumbles away, both for 6 each in the first half. Talk about beating ourself, damn.

Wuerffel won Heisman that year, pretty sure. He was Nola's first pick in the draft. Dude still lives in Nola today doing all kinds of good stuff for the community.
    He was a fourth round pick.

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information