Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread: QB1

Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Some think that our victory shield will be sticking with Fields….others say that Woolridge will take us across the bridge….oh yea go with Chris and take what others see a risk…hey some even have a hunch that the guy could be Lunch….I keep looking at the Houston game and say play Zeon from now on….and I am the guy that wanted to play the kid from Warren Easton!
    Lol. Boomer with the 5am Ihop special. I don't agree with y'all but you and James make some good points.

Our offensive philosophy will not produce a WR that will go for 1000 yards. We don’t have a system that is designed to get WRs open through complex route trees and schemes. We rely on the run game to draw defenses in and use play action to open up the passing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Jake Delhamme was 5-6 on the field his senior year but Texas Tech "forfeited" which is different from "vacated" so Jake was 6-5 in 1996
    That year Jake played Florida, Texas A&M, Houston, Memphis, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, and a very good So Miss team. That 5-6 is definitely not the same as 5-6 today. Jake might have won 11 games with todays schedules.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I will always defer to experience in this situation. You have a proven winner in BW and he has experience. I know we're all excited for what ZC brings in the future but I just think we know what we have in BW right now and he's been successful. No reason currently to change that up.
    I agree. Chriss is physically talented, we all can see that. I'm sure he is not ready, being a redshirt freshman, to know the offense like Ben does. I think Ben is a good QB, and there is nothing to say he can't improve upon what he has done. One area I would like to see is his completion percentage. He needs to get that up into the 60's. With an improving receiving core, I like his chances. Z Chriss can still play here and there, gain experience, and be ready for next year.

5. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    That year Jake played Florida, Texas A&M, Houston, Memphis, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech, and a very good So Miss team. That 5-6 is definitely not the same as 5-6 today. Jake might have won 11 games with todays schedules.
    I have no doubt, you are correct.

BW's leadership ability puts him on top. Cleared medically and hoping to see him. clear the mental hurdle too. ZC can learn a lot from BW and will get the opportunity to do that this season.

7. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    …Some think that our victory shield will be sticking with Fields….others say that Woolridge will take us across the bridge….oh yea go with Chris and take what others see a risk…hey some even have a hunch that the guy could be Lunch….I keep looking at the Houston game and say play Zeon from now on….and I am the guy that wanted to play the kid from Warren Easton!
    Too bad we can't play each team three times and both teams have to use three different qbs, doesn't another team on campus do something like that?

I remember Stokely saying that Florida game was in the bag for us. That would have been nice. That 2012 Florida game was another heartbreaking moment vs Gainesville.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    I remember Stokely saying that Florida game was in the bag for us. That would have been nice. That 2012 Florida game was another heartbreaking moment vs Gainesville.
    Didn’t Florida hang like 60 on us in ‘96?

10. Default Re: QB1

And the other two years

11. Default Re: QB1

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    WTF are you even trying to say???
    Do you really not know what I was trying to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp View Post
    Not exactly.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    Didn’t Florida hang like 60 on us in ‘96?
    Yep. Wrong one. It was a three score 2nd half I was thinking. We were scoreless at half but remember his thoughts on the 2nd (HC Stokley)

I went back and looked at the stats (which LouisianaB) has pulled up as well. Cajun Defense got 6 in the 3rd. And Delhomme threw for 2. Had to look again at B's scoring summary.

That 2012 game at F was on CBS and I remember walking into a dive bar in Nola and seeing us up way late in the 4th and a UL alum was in this place going crazy. I remember some wild punt play and possession changed to F for 6. I'm trying to remember more. Someone else can chime in.
    Last edited by Swamp; July 29th, 2023 at 07:25 pm. Reason: One Cajun Defensive score in 2nd half not 2

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    Do you really not know what I was trying to say.
    I said boom on post 208. I actually copied you again but it was meant for BWK.

If only it were possible to recreate that kind of schedule as an Independent to launch us into a P5 conference.

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst . 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 . LastLast

Thread Information