Thread: Good Morning.a few updates for you

Default Good Morning.a few updates for you

I'll be at SBC Media Days next week and then headed to Kansas City for a week. But I did want to update you on a few things while I'm here today. (I'll be commenting on a couple of threads while I'm here LOL)

I recorded an episode of "Ragin' Cajun Connection" with Volleyball coach Kristi Gray, and it's available now. Man, she gets it. She's all about the #cULture. We talk about the updates to EKL and what they mean. She addresses personnel (she has nine new players but only had one senior). We talk about chemistry, her vision for the program, her philosophy on scheduling, fan support and her always seeming to be at every sporting event that isn't volleyball. We also get into her decision to build a house here, her dog, food and vacation spots.

Today, I'm recording with Gunner Leger. Now, this one is a bit tricky. You see, the University has not announced his promotion to pitching coach. If it weren't for Kendall Rogers, a lot of us still wouldn't know. There's a process.and it's a slow one. Signing off on Jake's resignation, posting the position, etc. So, I'll be introducing him under his current title of Director of Pitching and Analytics. We'll discuss analytics in depthbut I can ask the questions about Gunner's philosophy on development, the new Trackman being purchased by the Diamond Club and his working with pitchers on their development since leaving the Cajuns after the 2019 season which will give you a look into what's going to happen after the promotion is official. We'll also get into some personal stuff as well. (My goal is always to learn some personal things about those I interview.)

At media days next week, I'll be speaking with Neal Johnson and K. C. Ossai. I'll also have a one on one with Commissioner Gill. After SBC Media Days, I'll get an in depth one on one with Coach Des. (Media Days allows for 20 minutes for interviews. I'll probably need three times that much, so we'll do that after we get back to town.)

I'll be updating you on these things after I get back from Kansas City. I'll get to cross off another ballpark off my list. Never seen a game at Kaufmann Stadium. But I'll be there for the Mets/Royals on 8/1. IT'S DOLLAR HOT DOG NIGHT.

Oh, and Happy National Hot Dog Day to You.

We'll probably release a podcast once a week so you'll always have fresh content between now and the beginning of the season.

Default Re: Good Morning.a few updates for you

Thanks Jay, enjoy the game.

Jay, your latest RCC with Maggard was excellent.

Jay if you could ask a few questions to the commish if you could fit them in…

What is the conference doing to offset the NIL + Transfer portal craziness

What is the conference doing to expand the brand and build revenue… for example in the new day of NIL are the looking into investors for the conference as a whole to help bring product and resources to market? Like what outside the box things are they doing?

Thanks for your time.

Jay how dare you go to KC the week after media days when we need content. Lol. Enjoy your trip, looking forward to your cast leading into the football season.

Liked the episode with Kristi Gray. I went to my first volleyball game last year and took my 8 year old along. She doesn’t really like sports, but liked watching volleyball so much that one time that she asked to sign up for rec league and is actually asking me to go to Cajuns VB games. It was that fun to watch. Can’t wait to go back this season.

Gunner and I recorded yesterday. Even with the limitations of how much detail we could get into, we went 90 minutes. When his new position is "official" we will record another one getting into more detail, specifically personnel and his contact with returning pitchers.and recruiting.

We went through a lotincluding a lot of personal stuff many of you don't know about.

It'll be published Monday or Tuesday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWalker View Post
    I'll be at SBC Media Days next week and then headed to Kansas City for a week. But I did want to update you on a few things while I'm here today. (I'll be commenting on a couple of threads while I'm here LOL)

I recorded an episode of "Ragin' Cajun Connection" with Volleyball coach Kristi Gray, and it's available now. Man, she gets it. She's all about the #cULture. We talk about the updates to EKL and what they mean. She addresses personnel (she has nine new players but only had one senior). We talk about chemistry, her vision for the program, her philosophy on scheduling, fan support and her always seeming to be at every sporting event that isn't volleyball. We also get into her decision to build a house here, her dog, food and vacation spots.

Today, I'm recording with Gunner Leger. Now, this one is a bit tricky. You see, the University has not announced his promotion to pitching coach. If it weren't for Kendall Rogers, a lot of us still wouldn't know. There's a process.and it's a slow one. Signing off on Jake's resignation, posting the position, etc. So, I'll be introducing him under his current title of Director of Pitching and Analytics. We'll discuss analytics in depthbut I can ask the questions about Gunner's philosophy on development, the new Trackman being purchased by the Diamond Club and his working with pitchers on their development since leaving the Cajuns after the 2019 season which will give you a look into what's going to happen after the promotion is official. We'll also get into some personal stuff as well. (My goal is always to learn some personal things about those I interview.)

At media days next week, I'll be speaking with Neal Johnson and K. C. Ossai. I'll also have a one on one with Commissioner Gill. After SBC Media Days, I'll get an in depth one on one with Coach Des. (Media Days allows for 20 minutes for interviews. I'll probably need three times that much, so we'll do that after we get back to town.)

I'll be updating you on these things after I get back from Kansas City. I'll get to cross off another ballpark off my list. Never seen a game at Kaufmann Stadium. But I'll be there for the Mets/Royals on 8/1. IT'S DOLLAR HOT DOG NIGHT.

Oh, and Happy National Hot Dog Day to You.

We'll probably release a podcast once a week so you'll always have fresh content between now and the beginning of the season.
    Hey man, tell Colston, Uncle Z said hey.

Speaking of returning/incoming arms. Anyone know if Lacomb signed? Or, will he be a Cajun?

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    Speaking of returning/incoming arms. Anyone know if Lacomb signed? Or, will he be a Cajun?
    Everything I've seen has indicated he will sign with the White Sox. I believe he was flying in from France to complete the paperwork

Also, the HS signee that was drafted signed yesterday - Johnathan Rogers (20th rd - DET)

It's getting to be that with the way the draft is setup nowadays (number of rounds, structured money, etc.) that very few elect not to turn down the contract

A trip to KC and no mention of the BBQ agenda? Come on man.

It might take two seasons of season tixkets to check out all the places that stadium has to eat, wow.

https://www.mlb.com/royals/ballpark/food

Thread Information