Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

1. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I see JT moving to 3rd next year and Amadee, Robuchaux or someone else playing 2nd
    That could be. Looking at JT's play at 2nd and SS, I think he would be solid at 3B. His hitting was what really impressed me this year. After the early season, I was impressed with his defense, but kept getting better and better with his bat as well. Very impressive young man.

Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Dad04 View Post
    Balance Round B (No. 66 Overall): Carson Roccaforte, OF, Louisiana-Lafayette

Roccaforte hit .374/.435/.671 with 16 home runs, 68 RBI and 25 steals in 58 games during his sophomore season, but he struggled mightily in the Cape Cod League last summer with a .182 average and .475 OPS in 83 plate appearances. He didn't have the same leverage in his swing this spring and his power numbers dropped as a result, but he still hit .318/.426/.538 with 26 doubles, eight home runs and 22 steals. With 60-grade speed and a solid glove in the outfield, he has upside if he can get back to where he was as a sophomore.

Grade: B+

This pick was no doubt motivated in part to save some money to go toward an over-slot bonus for Wolters, but I like this upside play. His speed and defensive raise his floor, and a few small tweaks could make him an everyday player.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/.s-and-analysis
    Rocco’s slot money is $1,158,900 at the 66th pick. He was rated at the 126 prospect which the 126 pick slot money is just shy of $600k.

3. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

. . . Doubled what he was told he was worth . . . And until he reports and pays to Uncle Sam, he is a millionaire . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . Doubled what he was told he was worth . . . And until he reports and pays to Uncle Sam, he is a millionaire . . .
    I’d bet that KC is going to split the difference and offer him around $875k to sign.

5. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

. . . why would he take that . . . unless he has already agreed . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    And man, can I say we might just be SS University.

Draft Class 2015 Round 3 pick #84, Blake Trahan, made it to AAA
    Draft Class 2020 Round 5 pick #151, Hayden Cantrelle, currently in AA
    Draft Class 2024 Round ? pick #?, Kyle Debarge, skies the limit on where he could get to.

It is going to be hard to replace this young man in 2025, I sure hope Coach Deggs can keep this lineage going. Pretty special if you ask me over the past 10 years.
    BT actually played some games in the MLB.

Odds are he has agreed to take below slot money, hence why he was picked that high. Still gets paid more than what he would've gotten at his 'projected' spot and club has more to attract players that demand above slot $$ to sign. These are either HS players or college players who have eligibility left and have some leverage.

For Carson and players like him, he could say no, but then has zero leverage next season and unless he puts up monster numbers, probably doesn't improve his draft position.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainman66 View Post
    Odds are he has agreed to take below slot money, hence why he was picked that high. Still gets paid more than what he would've gotten at his 'projected' spot and club has more to attract players that demand above slot $$ to sign. These are either HS players or college players who have eligibility left and have some leverage.

For Carson and players like him, he could say no, but then has zero leverage next season and unless he puts up monster numbers, probably doesn't improve his draft position.
    Exactly. 99% of the deals are made before the pick. Bleacher Report said they made the deal to free up over slot cash for the 1st round pick, also done before the draft started.

So you'd pass on $875,000 and come back to UL ? Is that what your saying ?

He already took it if they drafted him.

11. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Interesting that 5 rounds completed and JB has not been drafted yet.

12. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by babysitter View Post
    So you'd pass on $875,000 and come back to UL ? Is that what your saying ?
    . . . I did not get drafted . . . I did not say that . . . I guess there is not much leverage even if you have playing time left . . . if it’s agreed to before the pick, then that is something else . . .

13. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

. . . surely thought a good hitting catcher with the beautiful attitude that JB has would be worth more than that . . .

14. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

. . . good for him . . . when he makes it up, I can see Vivian and company there to see him often as they were here to see him here . . . what a great family . . .

. . . inconvenient memory . . . you go with that and me, Deggs and the MLB will go with Rocco . . .
    MLB went Rocco because of his ability to hit. If Max could hit as well as Carson he’d be right there with him. Max is actually faster than Carson and covered more ground in center. I am all for Roc and wish him the best. He won’t be a CF in the minors. Either corner OF or 1st base.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information