Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

1. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by des for pres View Post
    DEBO is going to get drafted in the first round next year. Kid is balling out in the cape right now.
    I don't doubt that and hopefully you are correct, but remember many of us thought the same thing about Blake Trahan and he did not go until the 3rd round. You never know from one year to the other what may occur. Granted, and let me preface this by saying I loved BT as a player and a SS, but I think Debo has a much bigger upside and should go earlier than the 3rd round. I am just saying let's wait and see. There were tons of people that thought BT was one of the top SS in the draft that year and he went behind a handful of guys that surprised allot of so called experts.

2. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

. . . you are absolutely correct . . . many here had him higher than the Astro’s Bregman . . .

3. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    I don't doubt that and hopefully you are correct, but remember many of us thought the same thing about Blake Trahan and he did not go until the 3rd round. You never know from one year to the other what may occur. Granted, and let me preface this by saying I loved BT as a player and a SS, but I think Debo has a much bigger upside and should go earlier than the 3rd round. I am just saying let's wait and see. There were tons of people that thought BT was one of the top SS in the draft that year and he went behind a handful of guys that surprised allot of so called experts.
    You never know for sure with these teams, I saw a ton of 10-30 ranked players are still undrafted after day 1, while rocco got picked 60 ish spots ahead of his ranking. I guess it depends on team needs. Either way, BT and Debo are both great ball players.

4. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

And man, can I say we might just be SS University.

Draft Class 2015 Round 3 pick #84, Blake Trahan, made it to AAA
    Draft Class 2020 Round 5 pick #151, Hayden Cantrelle, currently in AA
    Draft Class 2024 Round ? pick #?, Kyle Debarge, skies the limit on where he could get to.

It is going to be hard to replace this young man in 2025, I sure hope Coach Deggs can keep this lineage going. Pretty special if you ask me over the past 10 years.

5. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

. . . be careful . . . two of LSU’s last two are playing third base in the MLB right now and the other is in the minor’s . . .

6. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Draft Class 2024 Round ? pick #?, Kyle Debarge, skies the limit on where he could get to.

It is going to be hard to replace this young man in 2025, I sure hope Coach Deggs can keep this lineage going. Pretty special if you ask me over the past 10 years.
    Deggs replaced DeBage inter season with JT this year . . . and it worked out pretty well . . . and also demonstrates a that we are even deeper then we thought at middle infield . . . welcome to the field Lee Amedee . . . this past week the Cane Cutters had Lejeune at SS and Amedee at 2B . . .

7. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Deggs replaced DeBage inter season with JT this year . . . and it worked out pretty well . . . and also demonstrates a that we are even deeper then we thought at middle infield . . . welcome to the field Lee Amedee . . .
    That is true, but JT is a rising senior. We are going to need to replace him next year as well. I really like JT and I think he is capable of playing anywhere on the infield. He is that good. The question is really guys like Amedee and Robichaux on the infield. The combination of JT and Debo is about as good defensively as we have seen in a while at 2B and SS, gonna be hard to replace that talent, but I trust in CMD (Coach Matt Deggs, just realized that he and CMD (Coach Mike Desormeaux) have the same initials.

8. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

. . . you may have just jinxed him with some here . . .

9. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Started with Alvin Dark. 1944

Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

We have 2 shortstops committed in the 2023 class and 2 in the 2024 class (One very good if he ends up on campus).

11. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    We have 2 shortstops committed in the 2023 class and 2 in the 2024 class (One very good if he ends up on campus).
    That would be sweet. I hope he does then. I would recruit SS from Kinder if I was UL. They seem to work out pretty good for us.

Balance Round B (No. 66 Overall): Carson Roccaforte, OF, Louisiana-Lafayette

Roccaforte hit .374/.435/.671 with 16 home runs, 68 RBI and 25 steals in 58 games during his sophomore season, but he struggled mightily in the Cape Cod League last summer with a .182 average and .475 OPS in 83 plate appearances. He didn't have the same leverage in his swing this spring and his power numbers dropped as a result, but he still hit .318/.426/.538 with 26 doubles, eight home runs and 22 steals. With 60-grade speed and a solid glove in the outfield, he has upside if he can get back to where he was as a sophomore.

Grade: B+

This pick was no doubt motivated in part to save some money to go toward an over-slot bonus for Wolters, but I like this upside play. His speed and defensive raise his floor, and a few small tweaks could make him an everyday player.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/.s-and-analysis

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . wow, and some here didn’t think he should play CF for the Cajuns this year . . . shock the baseball world Rocco . . .
    I don’t recall anyone saying he shouldn’t play center. He was our 2nd best defensive center fielder. The best defensive center fielder was on 3rd base. Not even arguable.

That is true, but JT is a rising senior. We are going to need to replace him next year as well. I really like JT and I think he is capable of playing anywhere on the infield. He is that good. The question is really guys like Amedee and Robichaux on the infield. The combination of JT and Debo is about as good defensively as we have seen in a while at 2B and SS, gonna be hard to replace that talent, but I trust in CMD (Coach Matt Deggs, just realized that he and CMD (Coach Mike Desormeaux) have the same initials.
    I see JT moving to 3rd next year and Amadee, Robuchaux or someone else playing 2nd

15. Default Re: Roccaforte Selected By Kansas City In 2023 MLB Draft

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
    I don’t recall anyone saying he shouldn’t play center. He was our 2nd best defensive center fielder. The best defensive center fielder was on 3rd base. Not even arguable.
    . . . inconvenient memory . . . you go with that and me, Deggs and the MLB will go with Rocco . . .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information