Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread: Softball

UL Softball Softball

Noticed there was another signee, Kylei Griffin, playing in a national all-star game with Mihyia.

https://twitter.com/RaginCajunsSB/st.cQBXGrp6g&s=01

Default Re: Incoming Softball Freshman Mihyia Davis Honored by Texas Girls Coaches Association

Quote Originally Posted by CajunAmos View Post
    Noticed there was another signee, Kylei Griffin, playing in a national all-star game with Mihyia.

https://twitter.com/RaginCajunsSB/st.cQBXGrp6g&s=01
    Buckle up Amos this will be a good upcoming season. I have these two inserted into my starting lineup as of now.

3. Ragin' Cajuns Soon-to-Be Ragin' Cajuns Set to Participate in 2022 Alliance Fastpitch All-Star Game

Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Softball incoming freshman outfielder Mihyia Davis and incoming freshman infielder Kylei Griffin are joining a select group of 40 high school graduates nationwide for the 2022 The Alliance Fastpitch All-Star Game on Sunday, Juy 24 at Kokomo Municipal Stadium in Kokomo, Indiana.

UL Softball Kylei Griffin Portals home

Former Cajun Kylei Griffin has landed at Texas A&M. This kid will do big things in Aggie land.

Default Re: Kylei Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Former Cajun Kylei Griffin has landed at Texas A&M. This kid will do big things in Aggie land.
    So, what you are saying is she should still be on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Her being in the portal is a result of our roster being very deep in talented players. While I would love for her to still be here, her leaving is not a mortal blow to our team. The additions of Ellestad and the girl from STM give us two more solid middle infielders, so Griffin's absence should not have much impact in us defensively; though it remains to be seen what either of those two can produce offensively against good D1 pitching.

7. Default Re: Kylei Griffin

It is really tough to see some of these ladies with talent that we have become accustomed to transfer out. However depth without absolute results is not what is demanded here. Also, too much depth in one particular area has diminishing returns for both the team and the player at the end of the depth chart. It is neither an indictment of the Coach or the players. We made an additional step under Glasco this year to raise him to Super Regional Glasco. Getting him to CWS Glasco appears to need yet another level of adjustment. When you have only so many pieces to work with, tough decisions must be made . . . May the good lord be with Glasco, Justin and staff to make the right moves with its pieces and elevate Glasco another level this upcoming year . . .

8. Default Re: Kylei Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    Her being in the portal is a result of our roster being very deep in talented players. While I would love for her to still be here, her leaving is not a mortal blow to our team. The additions of Ellestad and the girl from STM give us two more solid middle infielders, so Griffin's absence should not have much impact in us defensively; though it remains to be seen what either of those two can produce offensively against good D1 pitching.
    Is everyone forgetting Lillian Soto, the All State Player from the Ruston, LA area? She is listed as 1b/3b and has a big stick. She will be a Freshman in 2024. Don't count her out as Lauren Allred was counted out last year.

Sometimes we lose one that makes a name for herself elsewhere. Hope that’s not the case with any this season.

https://auprosports.com/softball/ath.alyssa-denham/

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    I get that VO, but generally when we lose athletes in other sports questions are asked. Generally, if the coaching staff is winning I seldom question player attrition in that particular program. Considering this young lady was a top 75 recruit I find it a bit peculiar t that one would suggest she will do big things in the Big 12, but she didn't get many opportunities here this past season.

Yes, I understand the depth but Stormy has now transferred along with others. Wouldn't her opportunity to play increase this fall. Seems to me there is more to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Is everyone forgetting Lillian Soto, the All State Player from the Ruston, LA area? She is listed as 1b/3b and has a big stick. She will be a Freshman in 2024. Don't count her out as Lauren Allred was counted out last year.
    Me and Tim sure ain't counting her out. Tim also had a big stick at La Tech.

I get that VO, but generally when we lose athletes in other sports questions are asked. Generally, if the coaching staff is winning I seldom question player attrition in that particular program. Considering this young lady was a top 75 recruit I find it a bit peculiar t that one would suggest she will do big things in the Big 12, but she didn't get many opportunities here this past season.

Yes, I understand the depth but Stormy has now transferred along with others. Wouldn't her opportunity to play increase this fall. Seems to me there is more to the story.
    We brought in two transfer infielders and bringing in two high school infielders. Seems to be a crowded area.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sometimes we lose one that makes a name for herself elsewhere. Hope that’s not the case with any this season.

https://auprosports.com/softball/ath.alyssa-denham/
    A player leaving here and making an impact elsewhere, especially one who was not a major part of our success, reflects very well on our program. Softball at UL is not just another sport; we are an elite program and recognized as such nationally. It is expected that we will lose a few very good players who are unhappy with their playing time; that is one of the downsides to being elite. Being elite also lets us reload rather than rebuild.

Griffin has a huge upside.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 . LastLast

Thread Information