Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Softball

Default Re: Kylei Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    If anyone needs or wants to know the real scoop on Griffin then here you go. Her decision on leaving had nothing to do with softball. It was a educational decision as she wants to be a lawyer and she will have to attend law school. She is technically a junior in college academically through taking college courses in highschool. She will be able to go into law school while still playing ball at A&M. I guess I am kind of an insider, LOL. Oh and she ain't scared of competition or competing for a roster or position spot.
    There you go, it sounds like she has her career path planned out. Was that difficult to discuss? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    The two way player [Pitcher/DP] has 1 year left. The infielder has 2. She is in the same class as the player she [I assume] is replacing on the roster.

Prior to any transfers, there were only 2 Seniors on next year's roster; Sophie Piskos and Jourdyn Campbell. Our returning pitching staff is Sam Landry, Chloe Riassetto and Kyleigh Pitzer. Riassetto pitched only 33 innings and Pitzer was red shirted. Loecker pitched 73.1 innings, mostly in relief and had 9 saves and a record of 3-2, ERA of 2.86 and WHIP of 1.51. Her ERA improved every year she played at Iowa. The 9 saves makes me think she will be the closer here. We will need at least one or two more quality pitchers; hopefully Pitzer and the Juco we have coming.
    Thanks VO, it's clear that pitching is his weakness to address going forward. And let me clarify my comments, there is talent currently on the roster but outside of Landry it's unproven against top competition.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    Thanks VO, it's clear that pitching is his weakness to address going forward. And let me clarify my comments, there is talent currently on the roster but outside of Landry it's unproven against top competition.
    Stay tuned. Coach is always looking to improve his ballclub, expect a few more transfers to arrive. It is a good time to be a Ragin Cajun.

Quote Originally Posted by Looney Lou View Post
    Is everyone forgetting Lillian Soto, the All State Player from the Ruston, LA area? She is listed as 1b/3b and has a big stick. She will be a Freshman in 2024. Don't count her out as Lauren Allred was counted out last year.
    Roarman didn't count her out.

It is nice to be talking about what we need to do to move up one step, and that one step be the WCWS. It also feels good to have fans discussing this in the manner that they seem concerned that we will "only" get to championship Sunday in a regional [for the 15th consecutive tournament] next year.

Got Samantha Ryan coming in. Canadian national team and JC All-American.

Hope she's as good as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Monkee View Post
    Got Samantha Ryan coming in. Canadian national team and JC All-American.

Hope she's as good as advertised.
    Yes sir, my post mentioned talent but unproven. She has yet to pitch against an LSU, Washington, Clemson, Florida or even any SBC programs.

Yes sir, my post mentioned talent but unproven. She has yet to pitch against an LSU, Washington, Clemson, Florida or even any SBC programs.
    Jut should be able to coach her up.

9. Default Re: Kylei Griffin

One of the pitchers interviewed (I forget by whom) was complimenting Justin on teaching her pitch placrment.

What I thought she was going to say was he taught her a new pitch or taught her better delivery.

Since baseball and softball techniques are so different, is that something you think he is good at yet?

So potential. That's fine, but is it the same as getting another pitcher with experience against quality D1 opponents? She may very well be very good eventually, but he will need someone that can help elevate his program beyond a regional again next season. Whether that comes from within the program with improvement from Landry and the JC transfer remains to be seen.

So potential. That's fine, but is it the same as getting another pitcher with experience against quality D1 opponents? She may very well be very good eventually, but he will need someone that can help elevate his program beyond a regional again next season. Whether that comes from within the program with improvement from Landry and the JC transfer remains to be seen.
    Ryan played with the Canadian National team in 2022 after her JUCO career and also for the 2023 Canadian National team, so she has been pitching against international competition for the last two years. I am not sure how that compares with D1 softball, but I am pretty sure it is better than JUCO ball. If I am interpreting her career correctly, she should have 2 years to play 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Sir, would you please put a shirt on
    Say what?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    One of the pitchers interviewed (I forget by whom) was complimenting Justin on teaching her pitch placrment.

What I thought she was going to say was he taught her a new pitch or taught her better delivery.

Since baseball and softball techniques are so different, is that something you think he is good at yet?
    Good question. I really am not sure. I personally thought his strengths coming into the position would be mental mind set training and pitch calling. I am sure he has improved on other areas as the game was new to him. I can guarantee nobody will out work Jut as he grows into this position.

T, I have never seen Ryan pitch. I think your statement is fair. Potential just means you really haven't done anything yet. If Coach Glasco likes her then I am good with his judgement.

15. Default Re: Kylei Griffin

Texas A&M softball head coach Trisha Ford announced the signing of Louisiana transfer infielder Kylei Griffin on Saturday.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information