Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Softball

Default Re: Kylei Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver View Post
    A player leaving here and making an impact elsewhere, especially one who was not a major part of our success, reflects very well on our program. Softball at UL is not just another sport; we are an elite program and recognized as such nationally. It is expected that we will lose a few very good players who are unhappy with their playing time; that is one of the downsides to being elite. Being elite also lets us reload rather than rebuild.
    This, we should want them to succeed elsewhere, especially when the reason they are leaving is basically because of our depth and lack of playing time!

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    We brought in two transfer infielders and bringing in two high school infielders. Seems to be a crowded area.
    I'm well aware of the two transfers, I posted both of their Twitter commitments here. Since you are the insider on softball, my question is why the change in direction at this point? Both transfers are upper classmen, does he believe the talent on his roster is too young underneath after competing in two consecutive regionals and one super regional with one of the top ranked classes two years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by cajun55 View Post
    This, we should want them to succeed elsewhere, especially when the reason they are leaving is basically because of our depth and lack of playing time!
    Of course, no one has suggested otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    I'm well aware of the two transfers, I posted both of their Twitter commitments here. Since you are the insider on softball, my question is why the change in direction at this point? Both transfers are upper classmen, does he believe the talent on his roster is too young underneath after competing in two consecutive regionals and one super regional with one of the top ranked classes two years ago?
    I ain't the insider on softball and plenty of folks are way more in tuned to the program, nor am I the coach. But I trust in the coaching staff. My opinion only is Griffin has a huge upside and I wish her well. My opinion doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sometimes we lose one that makes a name for herself elsewhere. Hope that’s not the case with any this season.

https://auprosports.com/softball/ath.alyssa-denham/
    I was sad to see her go when she left us. I don’t remember her being THAT good-looking when she was here! Beautiful and talented young lady for sure.

6. Default Re: Kylei Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Sometimes we lose one that makes a name for herself elsewhere. Hope that’s not the case with any this season.

https://auprosports.com/softball/ath.alyssa-denham/
    Some are quarter horses, but my friend, she was a Thoroughbred . . .

Me and Tim sure ain't counting her out. Tim also had a big stick at La Tech.
    Sir, would you please put a shirt on

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    The two way player [Pitcher/DP] has 1 year left. The infielder has 2. She is in the same class as the player she [I assume] is replacing on the roster.

Prior to any transfers, there were only 2 Seniors on next year's roster; Sophie Piskos and Jourdyn Campbell. Our returning pitching staff is Sam Landry, Chloe Riassetto and Kyleigh Pitzer. Riassetto pitched only 33 innings and Pitzer was red shirted. Loecker pitched 73.1 innings, mostly in relief and had 9 saves and a record of 3-2, ERA of 2.86 and WHIP of 1.51. Her ERA improved every year she played at Iowa. The 9 saves makes me think she will be the closer here. We will need at least one or two more quality pitchers; hopefully Pitzer and the Juco we have coming.

If anyone needs or wants to know the real scoop on Griffin then here you go. Her decision on leaving had nothing to do with softball. It was a educational decision as she wants to be a lawyer and she will have to attend law school. She is technically a junior in college academically through taking college courses in highschool. She will be able to go into law school while still playing ball at A&M. I guess I am kind of an insider, LOL. Oh and she ain't scared of competition or competing for a roster or position spot.

10. Default Re: Kylei Griffin

So, at what point will she be labeled those nasty adjectives . . . she appears to be very in tune with her future . . . how can anyone complain about maneuvering to maximize her scholarship and NIL worth as a softball player into two degrees . . . you go get’m Ms Griffin . . . your future is bright . . .

If anyone needs or wants to know the real scoop on Griffin then here you go. Her decision on leaving had nothing to do with softball. It was a educational decision as she wants to be a lawyer and she will have to attend law school. She is technically a junior in college academically through taking college courses in highschool. She will be able to go into law school while still playing ball at A&M. I guess I am kind of an insider, LOL. Oh and she ain't scared of competition or competing for a roster or position spot.
    Good info there JMV.Thanks!

12. Default Re: Kylei Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    So, at what point will she be labeled those nasty adjectives . .
    Hey now.

The first time the opposing council tosses her a softball and she knocks it out the courtroom?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    Good info there JMV.Thanks!
    I forgot to call you and tell you all that.

That is very good news to me, and she chose a better a&m to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by moorecajun View Post
    That is very good news to me, and she chose a better a&m to attend.
    I agree.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information