Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

1. UL Football When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

. . . reading RP, not sure that is a resounding endorsement . . .

Default Re: RB Steven Blanco Commits to Louisiana for 2024

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . reading RP, not sure that is a resounding endorsement . . .
    Some people just don’t know what they are looking at when it comes to Des. Hiring him was a good hire, but not splashy at all. Had the OL not had the injuries in fall camp we win 8 games. His coaching cost is 2 games last year. He will be better this season and the floor for this program is 8 wins. Anything lower than that is a failure IMHO.

3. Default Re: RB Steven Blanco Commits to Louisiana for 2024

. . . oh, I was 1000% a Des supporter when he was hired and I still am . . . we have yet to see here an alternate hirable name which we could afford when the Des hire was made

. . . oh, I was 1000% a Des supporter when he was hired and I still am . . . we have yet to see here an alternate hirable name which we could afford when the Des hire was made
    We could have afforded a lot. But we stayed in house. If he continues to recruit well and starts to win his tenure here will be very long. But if he struggles again like last year it will be a quick coaching change.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We could have afforded a lot. But we stayed in house. If he continues to recruit well and starts to win his tenure here will be very long. But if he struggles again like last year it will be a quick coaching change.
    We could have definitely afford a lot more. It will not be a quick coaching change if need (See Marlin) we let guys hang around.

He will be better this season and the floor for this program is 8 wins. Anything lower than that is a failure IMHO.
    Well, have to agree 6-6/6-7 won’t excite most fans.

If UL is serious about a marketing campaign this year, the first step is not having another excuse laden meh season.

7. Default Re: RB Steven Blanco Commits to Louisiana for 2024

I love all those who say we could have afforded a lot more when we were already in almost a $6,000,000 deficit . . . please state exactly who we would have gotten and for how much a year and where the money was and is coming from to cover that $6mm deficit plus the extra for your suggested coach or forever hold your peace . . .

8. Default Re: RB Steven Blanco Commits to Louisiana for 2024

Some people just don’t know what they are looking at when it comes to Des. Hiring him was a good hire, but not splashy at all. Had the OL not had the injuries in fall camp we win 8 games. His coaching cost is 2 games last year. He will be better this season and the floor for this program is 8 wins. Anything lower than that is a failure IMHO.
    Did his coaching win us any games last year? I’m not sure his coaching costed us the USA game.

9. Default Re: RB Steven Blanco Commits to Louisiana for 2024

I love all those who say we could have afforded a lot more when we were already in almost a $6,000,000 deficit . . . please state exactly who we would have gotten and for how much a year and where the money was and is coming from to cover that $6mm deficit plus the extra for your suggested coach or forever hold your peace . . .
    T Joe has yet to take up to the two or three percent of the university budget for athletics even though he helped push that resource through the legislature.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    T Joe has yet to take up to the two or three percent of the university budget for athletics even though he helped push that resource through the legislature.
    We also got a 3 million dollar buy out from UF. If Napier would have stayed he was also going to be bumped up to over 3 million. So we had a coach who we would have paid 3 million and we got his replacement for 750K.

11. Default Re: When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

That’s a 1 time payment, with that we only $3mm in the hole . . .

Default Re: When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

Name:  IMG_2226.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  76.5 KB

13. Default Re: When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    Name:  IMG_2226.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  76.5 KB
    Ju Ju would guarantee a spot in the playoffs and a Natty at the cost of a rooster sacrifice

Default Re: When the coaching staff is high on a recruit

Dez gets 4 years IMO. I gave Marlin more than that and I won't be back in the dome till he is gone.

15. Default Re: RB Steven Blanco Commits to Louisiana for 2024

Crickets

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information