Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

1. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ohio State could very easily secure both indoor practice and playing facilities. So being too cold isn’t their real problem.
    . . . And who says they can’t recruit the south . . . Stephenson says hold my beer . . .

Default Re: 2023 CWS

What the big 10 is really complaining about is they can’t buy a home schedule that gives them a regional, don’t confuse it for anything else. They can’t fathom that their hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars doesn’t guarantee them being a top 5 conference in anything.

3. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    What the big 10 is really complaining about is they can’t buy a home schedule that gives them a regional, don’t confuse it for anything else.
    Maybe the formula should change. Why reward home wins rather than road? Actually kind of sad a team can advance two rounds by playing every game at home

4. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Well you also sit inside on july 4th and watch tv so I wouldn’t expect you to see the youth play outside year round. I’m not wrong on anything, you try to reword my statements as if they are your own. We do have rinks in every small town, they just aren’t ice and still roller hockey isn’t popular. Baseball is very popular in the north, it’s just they only care about MLB. Our warm climate and lack of mlb teams puts all our interest(money) in to youth high school
    and college baseball.
    I'm going to join you in jumping around here because you are all over the place. This time I will join you in the word salad.

I have never reworded one of your posts. I crop out what I am not replying to. Makes the desired point stand out more.

Roller hockey and ice skating are totally different and there are no collegiate or pro roller leagues to aspire to, thus no high schools.

I have been driving a truck for 40 years in and out of every small town in Acadiana, the baseball fields are not used year round. Irrelevant but true.

People no longer need to be indoors to watch sports. Just because I'm a radio guy doesn’t change the fact that more people would follow championship baseball on the 4th than on an unnamed say in June.

People are so desperate to watch something on the fourth of July they watch people gorging on hotdogs.

5. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . And who says they can’t recruit the south . . . Stephenson says hold my beer . . .
    Post of the day when it comes to "why not?"

Quote Originally Posted by CajunEXPRESS View Post
    Ohio State could very easily secure both indoor practice and playing facilities. So being too cold isn’t their real problem.
    Ohio State's "real" problem like everyone else in college baseball is talent acquisition.

7. Default Re: 2023 CWS

But watching the hot dog contest only takes ten minutes

8. Default Re: 2023 CWS

If big fan really wanted a fourth sporting event to watch he missed the concacaf gold cup. Also seems the women's golf U.S. open is on now, having that just three days early seems easier than delaying a baseball tournament over a week.AND it has U.S. in the NAME!

9. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    If big fan really wanted a fourth sporting event to watch he missed the concacaf gold cup. Also seems the women's golf U.S. open is on now, having that just three days early seems easier than delaying a baseball tournament over a week.AND it has U.S. in the NAME!
    It's not a delay if it's scheduled.

No one says the Superbowl has been delayed a week.

Why not? It was scheduled.

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

8 out of first 10 CWS finals had a team from "the north" AND 5 out of the first 10 had a team that would today be considered from a NON P5 school.

So did the ncaa make a change to help the south at some point. If so Should be easy enough to change it back

11. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    It's not a delay if it's scheduled.

No one says the Superbowl has been delayed a week.

Why not? It was scheduled.
    I was trying to HELP YOU, I've learned my lesson.

12. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Maybe it's not a delay because it was putting it back how it used to be. Checks notes: not the case with cws

“The two-week break before the Super Bowl started with Super Bowl I,” Greg Aiello, an NFL spokesman, told the Guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    It was winner take all one game over 30 years ago when Wichita state still never got a second loss but were not called champs
    As it should be!!!

14. Default Re: 2023 CWS

In concacaf gold cup, 7 days between group stage match and knock out stage match for USA, but then just three days in between knockout stage rounds. ruhoh, will we see double digit goals?

15. Default Re: 2023 CWS

. . . surely have lots of HS players taken in the first round of the MLB draft that are far from being from the south . . .

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst . 20 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread Information