Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Yesterday would have set records for a game 3 of the CWS.

People were so desperate to watch something, anything, NASCAR benefited.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ra.rs/ar-AA1dooJl
    The same 14 people that I watched the CWS with would not have watched yesterday. almost everyone I know spent yesterday on the beach, on a boat, at a camp or swimming.

2. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Blowouts happen in football, true!

But not because they took one, day off before the championship.

When a blowout happens in football you know who the better team was.

College baseball leaves room for debate with back to back football scores performed by both teams.
    Maybe to even the playing field make football teams switch out quarterbacks same way starting pitchers in baseball switch out. Teams like UL with ongoing qb controversies may actually have an advantage

3. Default Re: 2023 CWS

And how many job offers in their actual degree would many of the graduating seniors have to turn down by still playing so long after semester ended?

4. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The same 14 people that I watched the CWS with would not have watched yesterday. almost everyone I know spent yesterday on the beach, on a boat, at a camp or swimming.
    In this hot summer we don't want to watch anything, we want to be in the cold
    Hi all!

5. Default Re: 2023 CWS

If anyone else had said they watched a LaSt game with 14 others certain posters might question their allegiance

6. Default Re: 2023 CWS

. . .

College baseball leaves room for debate with back to back football scores performed by both teams.
    Not really . . .

7. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    If anyone else had said they watched a LaSt game with 14 others certain posters might question their allegiance
    . . . to baseball . . .

8. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Not really . . .
    You will never get a 70-0 blowout by a football team in one week and then lose zero to 70 in utter defeat to the same team the next week, or the same season.

Whereas in the 2023 College World Series that's exactly what you had in game two and game three. Complete opposite performances. You are never going to get that extreme opposite result in football.

And that is "really" why College baseball leaves room for debate when back to back football scores are performed in opposite directions by both teams.

9. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Baseball is not football . . . Football is one and done in one week . . . baseball generally gives you more chances but still in one week . . . QB depth is generally not a thing in one football game in one week . . . pitching depth is a thing . . . the next thing you will want to do is have CWS extend for a month so the Ace can pitch every game . . . Sorry, but that is just not baseball . . . LSU chose not to use any pitching up on Saturday and showed on Sunday they just had more than Florida . . .

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Baseball is not football . . . Football is one and done in one week . . . baseball generally gives you more chances but still in one week . . . QB depth is generally not a thing in one football game in one week . . . pitching depth is a thing . . . the next thing you will want to do is have CWS extend for a month so the Ace can pitch every game . . . Sorry, but that is just not baseball . . . LSU chose not to use any pitching up on Saturday and showed on Sunday they just had more than Florida . . .
    Robichaux told me (when when I called into the Mr. Bitter show) that consistent intervals for pitchers were very inportant for consistency.

Your projected month long thought implant won't work.

Only the CWS insists on putting an inferior product out there for the three most important games of the season.

11. Default Re: 2023 CWS

I bet he never told you he would not play in the CWS because the Championship three game series would follow the two 4 team bracket double elimination portion with only one days rest . . .

12. Default Re: 2023 CWS

I bet he never told you he would not play in the CWS because the Championship three game series would follow the two 4 team bracket double elimination portion with only one days rest . . .
    Nope he never did.

Nice sidestep.

13. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Not sure what exactly is being debated here, but cws is certainly a watered down product. Since 2013 only twice has a team won the so called double elimination tournament with less than two losses. I would say college baseball in general is as well, they probably need to go to wooden bats(not that that matters to this point) But, At the end of the day a great college baseball teams gets what, about 7 or 8 pros maybe 2 or 3 big leaguers? Meanwhile every rookie ball and short A team has ALL pros. It's also hard to believe that many of these draft picks (or most players for that matter) that are allegedly Walkons or just partial scholarship are paying the difference.
    Softball was growing faster at college level partially because (outside of Olympic years) it IS THE highest level of the sport

14. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Nope he never did.

Nice sidestep.
    Unfortunately he also never kept his team off the field if the scoreboard had our wrong name

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by RougaWhite&Blue View Post
    Not sure what exactly is being debated here, but cws is certainly a watered down product. Since 2013 only twice has a team won the so called double elimination tournament with less than two losses. I would say college baseball in general is as well, they probably need to go to wooden bats(not that that matters to this point) But, At the end of the day a great college baseball teams gets what, about 7 or 8 pros maybe 2 or 3 big leaguers? Meanwhile every rookie ball and short A team has ALL pros. It's also hard to believe that many of these draft picks (or most players for that matter) that are allegedly Walkons or just partial scholarship are paying the difference.
    Softball was growing faster at college level partially because (outside of Olympic years) it IS THE highest level of the sport
    I imagine they'll try to find ways to water it down a bit more in light of ratings records.

https://theathletic.com/4646267/2023.wership-espn/#

Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst . 16 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 . LastLast

Thread Information