Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Two things:

In the history of college baseball, never has an ace possibly been more effective piddling in the locker room and in the bull pen than he may have been out there on the mound.

I hope Florida learned the difference between running up the score in a fake game and getting the score run up on them in a real game.
    I keep seeing this nonsense, what do you suggest they do? Strike out on purpose? It’s baseball, you can’t run out the clock or kneel it. You try to hit the ball, every time. Johnson ran scrubs out there who were throwing BP, which was the right call but this run up the score crap is ridiculous. It’s not beer league softball. Should they stop before the bag and let lsu’s backups throw them out? Swing at bad pitches on purpose?

2. Default Re: 2023 CWS

. . . you answered your own question . . . thanks for recognizing and then agreeing . . .

. . . you answered your own question . . . thanks for recognizing and then agreeing . . .
    I guess if they were born losers that would be an option, but I doubt they got to the World Series finals being natural born losers. Not much you can do if the other team can’t get you out and Keeps putting you on base.

4. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    It’s no different than any other sport. In football it happens often that the best games are in the afc/nfc championship round, the CFP is usually one of the semifinal games, the ncaa tournament it’s usually one of the final four games…this year it was lsu/wake forest. Happens all the time, across the board. This idea that you can always “regulate” your way to the best matchup for the perfect ending is nonsense, it’s living in a fairytale, it’s not real. Florida was well rested, a more rested lsu just makes the finals more lopsided that it was and doesn’t even go 3 games.
    Blowouts happen in football, true!

But not because they took one, day off before the championship.

When a blowout happens in football you know who the better team was.

College baseball leaves room for debate with back to back football scores performed by both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

College baseball leaves room for debate with back to back football scores performed by both teams.
    For the first time ever, but you know that because you watch almost every game of every CWS like some of us do. The finals rarely live up to the hype in any sport, it’s usually the road to the finals that has the best games.

6. Default Re: 2023 CWS

I guess if they were born losers that would be an option, but I doubt they got to the World Series finals being natural born losers. Not much you can do if the other team can’t get you out and Keeps putting you on base.
    It is baseball that they are playing . . . not sure your point about born losers . . . I saw a hell of a lot of winners out there over the course of the CWS . . .

you cannot tell me you doubt which was the better team; Florida went down without ever having to face the best pitcher in the country, tho' they trotted out their regular rotation. C'mon.

8. Default Re: 2023 CWS

It is baseball that they are playing . . . not sure your point about born losers . . . I saw a hell of a lot of winners out there over the course of the CWS . . .
    Truth borne out, every team but one, left a loser.

9. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Truth borne out, every team but one, left a loser.
    If that is an issue, sports is not your thing . . .

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

If that is an issue, sports is not your thing . . .
    You have to learn the difference between "issue" and "fact"

I don't have an "issue" with every team but one leaving a loser. That "fact" is the nature of sport.

You on the other hand, are very prone to have an issue with anyone who points out a fact in the middle of a sporting event.

The nice thing about facts, is they can change.

It can be a fact that someone is having a bad outing but then turns it around and wins, the game.

11. Default Re: 2023 CWS

I’ve said it as long as you have, you must not do anything for the 4th of July. The last place I want to be, and most people want to be on the 4th of July, is sitting inside in front of a tv. Take your mask off and go get some sunlight and fresh air bruh.
    Yesterday would have set records for a game 3 of the CWS.

People were so desperate to watch something, anything, NASCAR benefited.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ra.rs/ar-AA1dooJl

12. Default Re: 2023 CWS

False: there was a pickleball tournament on and hot dog eating contest

13. Default Re: 2023 CWS

This is kind of odd yet interesting. consider this stat along with that the cubs pretty much suck this year.

Runs allowed in 7th inning or later in team's last three games:

Cubs: 11
    TSAB: 13

Don't think cubs are winning nlcs that way, but cws on the other hand, oh well

In 2022 even MLB waited 5 days before starting the World Series.

One day off for the CWS is a joke.

A week of hype would generate way more interest.
    They need to go back to the old format of winner takes all!

Yesterday would have set records for a game 3 of the CWS.

People were so desperate to watch something, anything, NASCAR benefited.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ra.rs/ar-AA1dooJl
    I'm just not buying this. 4th of July is spent at the beach or on a boat. Worst case scenario, people are grilling around the pool. I could get into why NASCAR was an exception yesterday, but that's a discussion for a different day.

I agree that the championship series should be with rested pitching but having it on the holiday would not benefit the sport IMO.

Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst . 15 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 . LastLast

Thread Information