Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Baseball next week on the fourth, that's where we would be with this.

Rested, ready, and the whole sports world hyping the sport for a week.
    There would be way less interest.

2. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    That’s not what this article or that thread was about. Your medicine is really getting to you.

Besides, I straightened him out on that already . . . I guess you not paying attention . . .
    It very much was. 124 pitches and the pitchers very first complete game was the talk.

Jay Johnson tried to change the subject and make it about how bold it was to have Skenes open the series against Tulane.

3. Default Re: 2023 CWS

It very much was. 124 pitches and the pitchers very first complete game was the talk.

Jay Johnson tried to change the subject and make it about how bold it was to have Skenes open the series against Tulane.
    and . . .

4. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by lafman1 View Post
    There would be way less interest.
    In 2022 even MLB waited 5 days before starting the World Series.

One day off for the CWS is a joke.

A week of hype would generate way more interest.

5. Default Re: 2023 CWS

and . . .
    And you posted it.

6. Default Re: 2023 CWS

And you posted it.
    . . . and if you read it, you will see that it’s not anything about the point you are trying to make it about . . . so there is that . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun Bullet View Post
    The Tigers beat the #1 seed Wake Forest twice and the beat the #2 seed Florida twice. I guess they deserve to win the Natty??
    I guess. I really dislike the NIL + Transfer Portal era. So far LSU has gone out and bought pieces that takes their typical contending squads into championship squads on paper. They still have to play the games though, but they are excelling in the current "collegiate" athletics climate. I did enjoy watching Crews and Skenes in the games I did catch, subtracting points for doing it across the basin.

8. Default Re: 2023 CWS

It's easy to see the diversionary tactic Jay Johnson was tooling everyone with.

"SURPRISE I started him. Bet you didn’t see that coming." When during the game the talk was about elevated pitch count.

. . . and if you read it, you will see that it’s not anything about the point you are trying to make it about . . . so there is that . . .
    You read like a caught catfish to me. Just sayin.

And you posted it.
    Cajun Vic got his thingy caught in the fan. The BIG FAN!

What makes Vic always right? He manages to take all sides of action at the same time. What a flippity floppity boy.

12. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Congrats LSU on #7

Not bad for a midweek level of competition.

Would have loved to listen to a weekend best level of play, and that's a knock on changing the sport to an endurance RACE with football scores at the end. It's not a knock on LSU.

13. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    What makes Vic always right? He manages to take all sides of action at the same time. What a flippity floppity boy.
    Never done that. . .

Congrats LSU on #7

Not bad for a midweek level of competition.

Would have loved to listen to a weekend best level of play, and that's a knock on changing the sport to an endurance RACE with football scores at the end. It's not a knock on LSU.
    It’s no different than any other sport. In football it happens often that the best games are in the afc/nfc championship round, the CFP is usually one of the semifinal games, the ncaa tournament it’s usually one of the final four games…this year it was lsu/wake forest. Happens all the time, across the board. This idea that you can always “regulate” your way to the best matchup for the perfect ending is nonsense, it’s living in a fairytale, it’s not real. Florida was well rested, a more rested lsu just makes the finals more lopsided that it was and doesn’t even go 3 games.

15. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Two things:

In the history of college baseball, never has an ace possibly been more effective piddling in the locker room and in the bull pen than he may have been out there on the mound.

I hope Florida learned the difference between running up the score in a fake game and getting the score run up on them in a real game.

Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst . 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 . LastLast

Thread Information