Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Pretty funny exchange on the Twitter machine:

"Curt, what are your thoughts on Paul Skenes throwing tomorrow for LSU on 3 days rest after throwing 120 pitches last thursday? I think he's a kid and injuries are going to happen one way or another. Go out there with your teammates and win a Championship," a fan asked.

"3 days rest? At what, 20? 21? Take the ______ing ball," Schilling responded.

They will throw Skenes. His delivery is effortless and not whip-like. His command is what I would watch for. If he has command of the fast ball early and his off speed stuff is decent he will get through 5 inning and likely be shut down. Then it will be up to their bullpen.

But the facts remain, LSU must start hitting the ball. Which I hope they don’t.

Thatcher Hurd is gonna start. And Skenes will likely follow.

With the shadows and the glare for the 6:00 start, that’s probably LSU’s best bet. It’s hard to hit anyone decent at that time of night. I’m sure the plan is for Hurd to go as long as he’s effective and then go to Skenes at the first sign of trouble.

I think that’s the smart way to play it. And I hope it blows up in their face

Skenes has thrown 240 pitches his last two games. He is on 4 games rest. They can't throw him. If Johnson uses him and he gets hurt next month, next year, not even tonight, Johnson will get blamed and roasted by the media. Of course, if Johnson doesn't use him and LSU loses, he will be blamed by the same media and a billion LSU fans.

5. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Skeenes will pitch if he is needed tonight for his team to win a national championship . . .

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Skeenes will pitch if he is needed tonight for his team to win a national championship . . .
    Gutless flip flopper.

7. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Gutless flip flopper.
    WTF are you talking about . . .

Interesting to see a UL coach getting copied onto Tigerploppings. Walmart burn…sweet.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/.-jt/108741641/

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    WTF are you talking about . . .
    Just the other night you were lamenting the possibility they were gonna burn him up with an 80 pitch, or less count & him not have him the rest of the series. Tonight he's the super hero, which of course he will be, if they win this tournament. Hence the term FLIP FLOPPER! Gutless was a bit too much. Clueless is more like it for you.

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Just the other night you were lamenting the possibility they were gonna burn him up with an 80 pitch, or less count & him not have him the rest of the series. Tonight he's the super hero, which of course he will be, if they win this tournament. Hence the term FLIP FLOPPER! Gutless was a bit too much. Clueless is more like it for you.
    I did not want him to pitch if they were not going to let him go his distance 120 . . . Burning him up for anything less would have been a bad coaching decision.

They did what I wanted them to do and he should pitch again tonight if needed.

This ain’t no 6’ 175 lb pitcher contorting his arm and body in all directions to get 93

He is beast who has trained like a beast and has placed himself in a position to pitch tonight if he feels comfortable doing so. That guy I described above would not have gone 120 on Thursday.

Word is no Skenes period.

12. Default Re: 2023 CWS

. . . I doubt that CJJ has tipped his hand one bit . . . he hasn’t all season . . . Vegas is at LSU -150 . . . The OU on runs has gone down from 9.5 to 9 . . .what does that tell you . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Word is no Skenes period.
    Source?

14. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Source?
    There is no source . . . reliable source that is . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Interesting to see a UL coach getting copied onto Tigerploppings. Walmart burn…sweet.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/.-jt/108741641/
    Sounds like someone's in the transfer portal.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread Information