Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

1. Default Re: 2023 CWS

. . . nobody will be done when Skeenes pitches tomorrow . . .

2. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This why the final 3 games of this College World Series should have been played next Monday and a double header on Tuesday.

Watching a bunch of drag arms go at it is anticlimactic, and for some dangerous.
    . . . Dependent thinking . . .

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    I mean it’s pretty obvious why she hated her time here right? She wasn’t even a 2 at 2
    Or a 1 at 1 for that matter.

4. Default Re: 2023 CWS

I’ve said it as long as you have, you must not do anything for the 4th of July. The last place I want to be, and most people want to be on the 4th of July, is sitting inside in front of a tv. Take your mask off and go get some sunlight and fresh air bruh.
    I can't remember the last time I watched a baseball game on TV. I grew up listening to baseball.

But if you are right Omaha would be jam packed and with all the outdoor TVs there are now, ESPN would be raking it in.

immediately followed by the MLB draft.

5. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Reward the loser huh? It’s almost as if it’s designed to figure out the best team, not who has the best pitcher.
    All you get is a last team.

There is no such thing as a "best team" after two teams average 7 games apiece in 10 days.

6. Default Re: 2023 CWS

. . . last team is what you get in every competition . . .

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Absolutely the coverage is fun because you love the school. But, what does it do for the state? Nothing. Even if UL was in the same position. It’s a nice story, but in the grand scheme of things it’s only just a story.

Still bottom 5 in education, healthcare, infrastructure. Not trying to dump on Louisiana. I love living here. But good for the state? The state is not going to change because any university wins a game. I just hate that argument. To me, it’s just a made up reason to blindly support that school.
    Strictly speaking it's nothing more than a distraction from the very things you mentioned. That's why I'm glad when something like this occurs. I'd feel the same way if it was tech, or Southeastern, Tulane, or Southern for that matter. If my dog ain't hunting, I have nothing against guys named Jobert & Dugas getting a chance to play in the dream games of their lives. But I don't blame you, or anyone else for thinking, or feeling differently about it. In fact, I find it quite amusing & enjoy the honesty. IOW, I ain't hating, but don't mind you hating. Just don't be mad if I decide not to hate. I can promise if florida beats good ole state tomorrow, I won't be crying. I'll prolly jump onto the hate train with you & hand out choker of the series awards.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    All you get is a last team.

There is no such thing as a "best team" after two teams average 7 games apiece in 10 days.
    I wish it was the way it was when you had a one & done championship myself regardless of who wins this thing. I loved the drama of the switch from double elimination to one & done. It makes that game THE GAME!

9. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think LSU needed to win today. The post game discussion on the radio broadcast was "who is going to pitch tomorrow". The question is if Florida in the same boat? I dunno.

We shall see if Florida should have saved some runs for tomorrow or. is LSU pitching toast? I still would have preferred TCU vs Wake Forest but people in hell want ice water.
    ……It’s baseball…could be 1-0 tomorrow…How long was the field goal to get 24?

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . last team is what you get in every competition . . .
    Of course. But do you you get a no energy midweek game or creme of the crop.

The NFL switches back and forth but they give two weeks off so you see their best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    I wish it was the way it was when you had a one & done championship myself regardless of who wins this thing. I loved the drama of the switch from double elimination to one & done. It makes that game THE GAME!
    Me too! The old format was way better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Dude, ignore the sea lion.

If JJ throws Skenes and he gets hurt, he’ll be done as a coach in this day and age.
    I dont disagree with your statement. BUT . dont think this is JJ decision alone. Decision will be between Skenes and his family. Now if he wants to pitch and JJ leaves him out longer than what is agreed upon and he gets hurt

I think Skenes will be available for about 40 pitches.

I think they should ask Nathan Bannister for his advice as well. You know…just to see if he would have done things differently.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor.jury/86350840/

Start the guy with the freshest arm, work your way up to Skene's in about the 4th and 5th inning if needed.I agree he needs to be on a 40 to 50 pitch count.and Alice Shu can't win tonight on jus 3 runs.bats have to show.what's Florida's pitching situation?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingCajun08 View Post
    I dont disagree with your statement. BUT . dont think this is JJ decision alone. Decision will be between Skenes and his family. Now if he wants to pitch and JJ leaves him out longer than what is agreed upon and he gets hurt

I think Skenes will be available for about 40 pitches.
    Skenes is gonna play today. I don't know if state has another starter they could burn for one time through the florida line up, but I would expect that guy to start, then Skenes twice around the batting order, then then the closer, or pitch Floyd if need be for an inning. Then the closer. The whole theory of how much money is on the table is for losers. Believe it, or not, there are more important things than just money. If Skenes chose to sit out, no one would put any blame at his feet. their pitching staff is why they are playing tonight. It's their batting which has been a tinge above miserable & fielding which was absolutely putrid last game which has let them down. I would imagine Florida will be ready to pull out all the stops from their end as well. But Skenes is a monster & a big time competitor. He has already proven it & will prove it again because that's his team out there & he knows they need him to win. That's what the game is all about.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst . 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 30 . LastLast

Thread Information