Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Last 10 times a game 3 for the NC was forced, the winner of game 2 is 7 for 10.

LSU fans wonder why so many people despise them. For context, he went 5-5 today and had a very good game. Talking about wanting to kill (what is essentially still a) kid for having a good game is another form of ____ed up. I hope they lose again tomorrow.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Guessing we see Skenes vs. Caglianone tomorrow.
    The concerns you have regarding Skenes and his current situation. Many experts in the field strongly advise against pushing Skenes too hard, as it may jeopardize his professional career and potentially lead to injuries. It is worth noting that after a strenuous game where Skenes threw over 120 pitches, a mere three days of rest is not considered optimal for his recovery and well-being.

However, it is unfortunate that the focus might not solely be on Skenes' health in this situation. Instead, there seems to be a higher priority placed on securing a victory, which could potentially increase the risk of injury for the young athlete. It is crucial for the medical staff and coaching team to carefully assess the situation, considering both the short-term goal of winning and the long-term implications for Skenes' health.

I think LSU needed to win today. The post game discussion on the radio broadcast was "who is going to pitch tomorrow". The question is if Florida in the same boat? I dunno.

We shall see if Florida should have saved some runs for tomorrow or. is LSU pitching toast? I still would have preferred TCU vs Wake Forest but people in hell want ice water.

5. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Guessing we see Skenes vs. Caglianone tomorrow.
    It surely would be fun to see them truly face off against each other as batter and pitcher and Vice Versa for at least a couple times . . . winner take all . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Midweek games for a championship series is a sports farce and travesty on the whole season

I have said for decades (2) that the final game or games (DH) should be on July 4th.

Having rested arms and teams would be the real deal.The popularity of July 4th Baseball Apple Pie games would go through the roof.

They are so worried about fans leaving Omaha or not being able to afford the extra week that they would prefer to put an inferior product on the table.

The MLB draft should start at the end of the last out of the championship series.

The viewership for both would be unbelievable on July 4th.

jmo
    I’ve said it as long as you have, you must not do anything for the 4th of July. The last place I want to be, and most people want to be on the 4th of July, is sitting inside in front of a tv. Take your mask off and go get some sunlight and fresh air bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by fpc4life99 View Post
    The concerns you have regarding Skenes and his current situation. Many experts in the field strongly advise against pushing Skenes too hard, as it may jeopardize his professional career and potentially lead to injuries. It is worth noting that after a strenuous game where Skenes threw over 120 pitches, a mere three days of rest is not considered optimal for his recovery and well-being.

However, it is unfortunate that the focus might not solely be on Skenes' health in this situation. Instead, there seems to be a higher priority placed on securing a victory, which could potentially increase the risk of injury for the young athlete. It is crucial for the medical staff and coaching team to carefully assess the situation, considering both the short-term goal of winning and the long-term implications for Skenes' health.
    I agree with you. Jay Johnson does not.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    https://twitter.com/raginreview/stat.690964994?s=46

While their team is playing for a National Championship. Tell me more about how people’s distaste for them is “unprovoked.”
    I mean it’s pretty obvious why she hated her time here right? She wasn’t even a 2 at 2

Quote Originally Posted by HelmutVII View Post
    I think LSU needed to win today. The post game discussion on the radio broadcast was "who is going to pitch tomorrow". The question is if Florida in the same boat? I dunno.

We shall see if Florida should have saved some runs for tomorrow or. is LSU pitching toast? I still would have preferred TCU vs Wake Forest but people in hell want ice water.
    Florida will play their 6th game in 11 days tomorrow, lsu will play their 8th in 10 days.

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Skeenes will make these decisions with his support staff and that little guy with the gun following him around . . .

Skeenes will be available for a couple innings tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    LSU fans wonder why so many people despise them. For context, he went 5-5 today and had a very good game. Talking about wanting to kill (what is essentially still a) kid for having a good game is another form of ____ed up. I hope they lose again tomorrow.
    Dude, ignore the sea lion.

If JJ throws Skenes and he gets hurt, he’ll be done as a coach in this day and age.

13. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Florida will play their 6th game in 11 days tomorrow, lsu will play their 8th in 10 days.
    This why the final 3 games of this College World Series should have been played next Monday and a double header on Tuesday.

Watching a bunch of drag arms go at it is anticlimactic, and for some dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    This why the final 3 games of this College World Series should have been played next Monday and a double header on Tuesday.

Watching a bunch of drag arms go at it is anticlimactic, and for some dangerous.
    Reward the loser huh? It’s almost as if it’s designed to figure out the best team, not who has the best pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    interesting.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst . 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 . LastLast

Thread Information