Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Explain the argument of “this is good for the state.”

Reluctantly watched the game at a friend’s house and that was the justification for cheering for them.

Does a game in Nebraska somehow bolster the Louisiana economy? Bring the state some sort of incredible notoriety?

My counter argument was “tell me who won the last 2 CWS?” No response.

And how it lifted that state out of the bottom of every bad category in the state rankings.

Couldn’t do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    Explain the argument of “this is good for the state.”

Reluctantly watched the game at a friend’s house and that was the justification for cheering for them.

Does a game in Nebraska somehow bolster the Louisiana economy? Bring the state some sort of incredible notoriety?

My counter argument was “tell me who won the last 2 CWS?” No response.

And how it lifted that state out of the bottom of every bad category in the state rankings.

Couldn’t do it.
    Valid argument, very good points. It certainly doesn't shake the world with change. But it does put a good spotlight on Louisiana athletics. You have to admit the season the Ragin Cajuns were ranked number one & hosted that super regional in Lafayette & the coverage of several of you guys personally was flattering & made you extra proud of your school & your town.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Valid argument, very good points. It certainly doesn't shake the world with change. But it does put a good spotlight on Louisiana athletics. You have to admit the season the Ragin Cajuns were ranked number one & hosted that super regional in Lafayette & the coverage of several of you guys personally was flattering & made you extra proud of your school & your town.
    Yeah bc it was my school, my town. Baton Rouge and lsu are neither

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    https://twitter.com/raginreview/stat.690964994?s=46

While their team is playing for a National Championship. Tell me more about how people’s distaste for them is “unprovoked.”
    Who’s worse: people like this or the Uncle Toms in our fanbase who will trash Cajun fans but not say a peep about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandwagon King View Post
    Absolutely the coverage is fun because you love the school. But, what does it do for the state? Nothing. Even if UL was in the same position. It’s a nice story, but in the grand scheme of things it’s only just a story.

Still bottom 5 in education, healthcare, infrastructure. Not trying to dump on Louisiana. I love living here. But good for the state? The state is not going to change because any university wins a game. I just hate that argument. To me, it’s just a made up reason to blindly support that school.

6. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Hey folks, nice MCWS game this Sunday afternoon for those who enjoy baseball . . . 2ish . . . the MCWS has not disappointed this year . . . get ya some . . .

Absolutely the coverage is fun because you love the school. But, what does it do for the state? Nothing. Even if UL was in the same position. It’s a nice story, but in the grand scheme of things it’s only just a story.

Still bottom 5 in education, healthcare, infrastructure. Not trying to dump on Louisiana. I love living here. But good for the state? The state is not going to change because any university wins a game. I just hate that argument. To me, it’s just a made up reason to blindly support that school.
    It’s like the Louisiana SOS put out there for citizens to wear purple yesterday. I know it’s election year, but if it was any other state university, we all know he wouldn’t have said jack.

It’s the same smug “you have to support the state flagship”. No you don’t.

If LSU really wants to do “good for the state”, LSU must realize they will never be the do all, end all educationally for Louisiana. Half ars duplication of great programs from other state universities doesn’t work. Put in the effort, that leads to greatness. Earn it, State.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    It’s like the Louisiana SOS put out there for citizens to wear purple yesterday. I know it’s election year, but if it was any other state university, we all know he wouldn’t have said jack.

It’s the same smug “you have to support the state flagship”. No you don’t.
    You definitely don't have to support them. And I'm gonna avoid Wal Mart and that area today!

9. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Look, it’s also a great day to mow your lawn, weave baskets, walk around the block, bar b que, boil crabs, take a nap . . . whatever floats your boat . . . If you enjoy baseball, you can consider watching the MCWS at 2:00 on ESPN . . . Ole Miss won last year and Miss State the year before for all you history buffs . . .

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

LSU football absolutely brings in outside additional dollars to the state. How those dollars are spent is another question.

Umpires in this CWS have been absolutely horrible. That is all.

State 6 LOB, 2-4 RISP thru 2

13. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . Ole Miss won last year and Miss State the year before for all you history buffs . . .
    Sounds like success in MCWS is inversely proportional to success in the classroom

Dem Tigers are in trouble

That grand slam reminded me Denny’s is building near Costco.

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst . 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 . LastLast

Thread Information