Thread: 2023 CWS

1. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Cooper

2. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Not bad for a midweek style game.

3. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Not bad for a midweek style game.
    ….wondering a coaches point on a ball over the fielder’s head….could he have tagged up and scored on a missed catch or tagged up and made 3rd on a catch…I know…I know!!

Default Re: 2023 CWS

these games have been a mix of some fun and a lot of anxiety. dayum.

Go to the MLB network… Angels breezing by the Rockies going to the 6th…23-0. All earned runs.

went over to check, and it's now 24-0!

In a 25-0 game (which would be a modern MLB largest shutout record) Colorado gets a HR in the bottom of the 8th. 25-1, headed to the 9th.

The all-time record for the greatest shutout score in major league history is 28-0. Providence of the National League, with the great Hoss Radboum pitching, defeated Philadelphia 28-0 on August 21, 1883.

8. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Midweek games for a championship series is a sports farce and travesty on the whole season

I have said for decades (2) that the final game or games (DH) should be on July 4th.

Having rested arms and teams would be the real deal.The popularity of July 4th Baseball Apple Pie games would go through the roof.

They are so worried about fans leaving Omaha or not being able to afford the extra week that they would prefer to put an inferior product on the table.

The MLB draft should start at the end of the last out of the championship series.

The viewership for both would be unbelievable on July 4th.

jmo

https://twitter.com/raginreview/stat.690964994?s=46

While their team is playing for a National Championship. Tell me more about how people’s distaste for them is “unprovoked.”

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    In a 25-0 game (which would be a modern MLB largest shutout record) Colorado gets a HR in the bottom of the 8th. 25-1, headed to the 9th.

The all-time record for the greatest shutout score in major league history is 28-0. Providence of the National League, with the great Hoss Radboum pitching, defeated Philadelphia 28-0 on August 21, 1883.
    There is an excellent book about the providence grays I read a long long time ago (ergo I didn't post it in the 'current' book thread) however, they won it all in '84 and some argue it was the first "world series", or "world's" series. Old hoss went 3-0 for the sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    Not if you have a beast like this. 66”, if not for trees along the bayou, wouldn’t break a sweat.
    that is a bad boy right there!

12. Default Re: 2023 CWS

Having any games in any sport when school is over is a farce if we are still supposed to buhleeve they are student athletes

13. Default Re: 2023 CWS

If someone is a walk On and allegedly paying their own way to school and for room and board, once school is over who pays for their accommodations, is it treated like road trips via perdiem? Or is it directly paid and thus they aren't really walkons anymore

14. Default Re: Louisiana Can't Escape the Will Wade Saga

22 innings pitched, zero earned runs allowed, 0 walks, 17 strikeouts

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    https://twitter.com/raginreview/stat.690964994?s=46

While their team is playing for a National Championship. Tell me more about how people’s distaste for them is “unprovoked.”
    The arrogance of some of their base & especially some who call themselves media which cover this team is hideous no doubt. For instance, they were blessed enough to take part in what I will refer to as the perfect baseball game Thursday night. The reason it was perfect was Wake Forest who already bounced their asses to the loser's bracket a few days before played every bit as good as they did for 11 innings of that perfect game. They had the tiger by the toe & had him screaming in pain for that 50 dollars from what I saw.
    The state was able break lose with an 11th inning dinger & pull out the win.

The next day listening to certain radio talking heads, you would have sworn state had won by 30 runs & Wake Forest, the team who bounced their little butts to the loser's bracket & earned their way into the tourny by pounding another over rated SEC team into the ground at 22-5 was just no match for that great state SEC power house & they were just not that impressed with Wake.

Here we are a couple of days later & both state & florida looked like two very over rated teams that couldn't hit field, or base run their way to home plate to save their lives. Was the ending dramatic? Of course it was. But the reason it was dramatic was both teams looked shell shocked for at least the first 7 innings. Neither of the teams that played last night looked impressive to me. They both looked like good, but certainly not great COLLEGE baseball programs who were both very beatable.

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst . 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 . LastLast

Thread Information