Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: 2023 CWS

Default Re: 2023 CWS

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    I’m sure Omaha didn’t build a new stadium downtown without a long term NCAA deal.
    Easy solution would be to bring in the fences a little, but I personally like that you have to manufacture runs there and actually create offense.

How about have the super regional teams at two sites (world series type locations) Playing double Elim style against 8 teams rather than two out of three against one team at home as they do now. Then have those two "champs" advance to a two team "real" world series, at a location based on the suggestions made hereand Maybe even bump it up to 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    Pitching gets better across the board the further you get into the playoffs. New stars are found on the mound. That has just as much impact on scoring as the conditions associated with this field.
    You could make the same argument that these pitchers are facing better lineups than they have all year as well. But are now dominating.

It’s like the softball World Series being played with a 300’ fence after playing all year at 220’ (or less).

I don’t mind the style of play (although I think it’s unfair to make 407’ outs-into the wind-like the last batter for TCU did). I just think it doesn’t make sense to play 65 games to get there and then it’s a completely different game to decide the champion.

It’s not moving so it is what it is. But I think bringing the fences in about 8-10 feet all the way around would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    Easy solution would be to bring in the fences a little, but I personally like that you have to manufacture runs there and actually create offense.
    They have already moved the fences in.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post
    You could make the same argument that these pitchers are facing better lineups than they have all year as well. But are now dominating.

It’s like the softball World Series being played with a 300’ fence after playing all year at 220’ (or less).

I don’t mind the style of play (although I think it’s unfair to make 407’ outs-into the wind-like the last batter for TCU did). I just think it doesn’t make sense to play 65 games to get there and then it’s a completely different game to decide the champion.

It’s not moving so it is what it is. But I think bringing the fences in about 8-10 feet all the way around would be a good idea.
    They have already brought the fences in. Are you saying it needs to happen again?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They have already moved the fences in.
    No they haven’t, it’s the same dimensions as rosenblatt was, just facing the opposite direction so the wind is always blowing in, instead of out.

Quote Originally Posted by sportsfanatic21 View Post

Florida had like 3 or 4 in that game that woulda been dingers as well. I think it all kinda evens out. Eventually the better teams win.

Comparing the dimensions between Omaha and the Tigue.Omaha has 5 extra feet down the lines and 8 extra feet in CF. RCF and LCF are 375ft in both parks.

We have talked about the Tigue being a tough place to hit, but I think this shows just how tough it is. You really have to get a hold of one to hit it out of the Tigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Florida had like 3 or 4 in that game that woulda been dingers as well. I think it all kinda evens out. Eventually the better teams win.
    The 8 CWS teams combined have almost 900 home runs on the season, they have had what 15 the whole series?

10. Default Re: 2023 CWS

The dimensions are actually identical to Rosenblatt, and they're smaller than the home of the Southeastern Conference tournament, the Hoover Metropolitan Complex (340 feet down the foul lines, 385 feet to the power alleys).

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    The dimensions are actually identical to Rosenblatt, and they're smaller than the home of the Southeastern Conference tournament, the Hoover Metropolitan Complex (340 feet down the foul lines, 385 feet to the power alleys).
    Except if faces the opposite direction, rosenblatt faced northwest and Schwabb faces south East so unless you get cool/dry frontal boundary in late June the wind is most likely blowing in. It’s also one of the windiest parts of the country. 10 mph wind knocks a ball back roughly 15 feet. You hear the crowd when a guy crushes it and it’s a fly out not even to the warning track.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycajun View Post
    The 8 CWS teams combined have almost 900 home runs on the season, they have had what 15 the whole series?
    I get your point. I think the stadium sucks. I’m just saying it’s not like it’s benefitting one particular team. They all have to play on the same field. They have all been “robbed” of home runs. Having said that the pitching has still been phenomenal. I don’t think that can be disputed. The guys for sake who have 31 and 26 homers were whiffing at balls. It’s not like they were hitting them to the warning track every time. Personally I have enjoyed the whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    They have already brought the fences in. Are you saying it needs to happen again?
    The dimensions are the same as they’ve always been.

And I didn’t say it needs to happen now. I said I think it would be a good idea. And only because it would make the game closer to what is played all year.

On a different note (and not to you personally) I just brought this up as an observation. And in true RP form, it’s turned into an argument between a few, and people being called complainers, etc.

My God.

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    I get your point. I think the stadium sucks. I’m just saying it’s not like it’s benefitting one particular team. They all have to play on the same field. They have all been “robbed” of home runs. Having said that the pitching has still been phenomenal. I don’t think that can be disputed. The guys for sake who have 31 and 26 homers were whiffing at balls. It’s not like they were hitting them to the warning track every time. Personally I have enjoyed the whole series.
    Definitely hasn't robbed anyone of anything and I said I prefer it this way. If all stadiums were setup this way, I think you would see several different teams make it to Omaha each year. The original point is these teams didn't get there with this brand of baseball, and i wish it were the same. I also don't want gorilla ball in Omaha, so id rather this brand be played everywhere all year. Teams who can drive the ball, create offense and run the bases can thrive in omaha.its just hard to get there going on the road and beating these teams at gorilla ball

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information